Peer-to-Peer Study Groups: A less expensive way to prep for the bar exam? Forum

Special forum where professionals are encouraged to help law school applicants, students, and graduates.
rcharter1978

Gold

Re: Peer-to-Peer Study Groups: A less expensive way to prep for the bar exam?

Post by rcharter1978 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:45 pm

Lucas Cioffi wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:those that are going to do self-study for an out of state bar exam
That's a great insight. Thanks again for the detailed analysis.
I hope it helped. I am, by nature, very wordy so if you're throwing subtle shade I get it and appreciate it :)

Lucas Cioffi

New

Post by Lucas Cioffi » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:58 am

rcharter1978 wrote:throwing subtle shade
I'll admit I had to look up what that meant. No, I was genuinely saying "thank you" for taking the time to write so much. Life is too short for throwing shade :)
rcharter1978 wrote:I would think that most people would only ask a question if they couldn't find the answer in their study materials.
Agreed. I did not know the study materials were as detailed as you described, with a written explanation for each multiple choice question. That's impressive. I wonder if all courses go to that depth; I'll have to read what's been written in this forum about that.

Given that level of explanation for the practice questions, I can better understand why some people were saying that the material is straight forward and all one has to do is sit down and absorb it. If true, then people will need much less help from live study groups than I expected. However there still seems to be a need; we'll have to test to find out if there's enough.

To sum up this forum conversation so far, live study groups could be useful for self study (referring to the situation when someone is not paying to take a course with comprehensive study materials), and especially out-of-state self study.

rcharter1978 also mentioned two areas where live tutoring would be helpful: PTs and essay feedback. I was able to find some bar exam tutors online, so we probably should not explore that route, because we're not strong there. This leaves me wondering: Could a peer study group provide worthwhile feedback for PTs and essays? If the big courses aren't offering any feedback, would peer feedback be better than nothing?

brucesnyder07

New

Post by brucesnyder07 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:24 am

I think it is a good idea. It will help all to share info in group. Anyway , best regards from essay writing service

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Free Help and Advice from Professionals”