How I went from 149 to 169 [free eBook for 2 more days] Forum

Special forum where professionals are encouraged to help law school applicants, students, and graduates.
ibopm

New

How I went from 149 to 169 [free eBook for 2 more days]

Post by ibopm » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:59 pm

I hope this isn't violating any rules, but I recently wrote a short eBook about how I boosted my score from 149 to 169. I've made it free for the next three days, and you can get it here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013KNZ6FM

EDIT: I've decided to extend the free promo until August 13th, which happens to be my birthday!.
Last edited by ibopm on Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Cochran

Bronze

Re: How I improved my RC score

Post by Cochran » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:55 pm

ibopm wrote:I hope this isn't violating any rules, but I recently wrote a short eBook about how I boosted my score from 149 to 169. I've made it free for the next three days, and you can get it here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013KNZ6FM
Big thanks, I look forward to reading this!

alpha kenny body

Gold

Post by alpha kenny body » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:15 pm

Read more books for leisure. Problem solved.

somethingElse

Gold

Post removed...

Post by somethingElse » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:33 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by somethingElse on Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

alexjinye

Bronze

Post by alexjinye » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:43 pm

TY for sharing. Seem like a great RC guide. I will come back for more report! :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LegendaryOne

New

Post by LegendaryOne » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:01 pm

Just finished your book. It's a great read. Condenses a lot of the info from The LSAT Trainer into a small eBook. If I may add something, I would have liked the "read for structure" chapter to be a little longer. I feel like that's an integral part of RC that needs to be fleshed out more.

ibopm

New

Post by ibopm » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:33 pm

fips tedora wrote:Read more books for leisure. Problem solved.
That's something I specifically advised against in my book. It's free for a couple more days, go download it and have a read.
Last edited by ibopm on Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ibopm

New

Post by ibopm » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:34 pm

somethingelse55 wrote:Wait so you went from 149 to 169 on RC alone? So were you getting like 0/27 before or something? Or am I reading this wrong...
I'll admit it's kind of a marketing thing. I'd say that my improvements in RC contributed about a 9-point increase. But the techniques discussed in the book, as a whole, were responsible for the 20-point increase.

That is to say that this book contains general LSAT strategies as well as RC-specific improvement advice.
Last edited by ibopm on Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ibopm

New

Post by ibopm » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:36 pm

LegendaryOne wrote:Just finished your book. It's a great read. Condenses a lot of the info from The LSAT Trainer into a small eBook. If I may add something, I would have liked the "read for structure" chapter to be a little longer. I feel like that's an integral part of RC that needs to be fleshed out more.
Thank you so much for your comments. Not sure if you're the one that left the review, but if you didn't I would really appreciate it. And if that is you, then thanks again!

Referring to the "read for structure" chapter being longer, I absolutely agree. I wanted to do more examples, but using real LSAT questions would require me to go through the licensing hurdles with LSAC (and trust me I've tried), which is a huge hassle.

That being said, if I ever release a second edition, I'll definitely make note of that suggestion. Thanks again.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ibopm

New

Re: How I improved my RC score [free eBook for 2 more days]

Post by ibopm » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:29 pm

I totally thought this book was gonna bomb and that I suck at writing, but surprisingly people are not pissed off at me like I imagined they'd be! Because of that, I'm extending the free promo for another 2 days!

lymenheimer

Gold

Re: How I went from 149 to 169 [free eBook for 2 more days]

Post by lymenheimer » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:00 pm

I'm all for free resources and may take you up on reading this, but do you have a thought on how effective this would be for an individual already around your upper score looking to improve into the 170s? Or would this be more of a basics, reading?

seashellstandard

New

Post by seashellstandard » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:12 pm

Argh I don't have a Kindle...

MrHan

New

Post by MrHan » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:05 pm

Hey I really appreciate you writing this book and offering it for free for a couple of days. That said, it felt refreshing to read about how to tackle reading comprehension from an "average" student like you, and like me. You're very correct about test taking companies giving you all these techniques and what not, and I also concede to the point that these teachers are just...well...I guess naturally smart? Anyways, I'm definitely going to focus more on my mental state when tackling RC because I do find myself just dredging and slugging my way through the various 15-20 RC passages I have to read for testmasters homework (it's kind of ridiculous to be honest). On another note, the boxing and labeling strategy I never really thought about so I'll give that a shot too. All in all, thanks once again :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Talarose

Bronze

Post by Talarose » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:23 pm

seashellstandard wrote:Argh I don't have a Kindle...
You can download the free kindle app for iPhone to read it :)
Looking forward to it btw!

ibopm

New

Post by ibopm » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:15 pm

lymenheimer wrote:I'm all for free resources and may take you up on reading this, but do you have a thought on how effective this would be for an individual already around your upper score looking to improve into the 170s? Or would this be more of a basics, reading?
If you're already 165+, it'd be a very individualized situation. Since it's (intentionally) a really short book with lots of headings, I'd suggest you download it and just skim it to see if anything catches your eye. It's hard to say, but I was prep-testing 170+ (I forgot the actual score) before sitting for the actual LSAT.

Besides, it's free, what do you have to lose?

ibopm

New

Post by ibopm » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:17 pm

MrHan wrote:Hey I really appreciate you writing this book and offering it for free for a couple of days. That said, it felt refreshing to read about how to tackle reading comprehension from an "average" student like you, and like me. You're very correct about test taking companies giving you all these techniques and what not, and I also concede to the point that these teachers are just...well...I guess naturally smart? Anyways, I'm definitely going to focus more on my mental state when tackling RC because I do find myself just dredging and slugging my way through the various 15-20 RC passages I have to read for testmasters homework (it's kind of ridiculous to be honest). On another note, the boxing and labeling strategy I never really thought about so I'll give that a shot too. All in all, thanks once again :D
Glad you enjoyed it and I'm really happy you took the time to write back! If at all possible, I would really love it if you could leave me a positive review on Amazon.

I wouldn't want this book and its information to be buried forever once the free promo is over.

Lacoste

New

Post by Lacoste » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:05 pm

what if you dont have a kindle?

btw. I am in a similar boat. Looking to boost up there past the 150s and into the 160s.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ibopm

New

Post by ibopm » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:51 am

Lacoste wrote:what if you dont have a kindle?

btw. I am in a similar boat. Looking to boost up there past the 150s and into the 160s.
I don't have a Kindle either! You can download the Kindle App onto your phone. If you want to read on your desktop, Amazon has a Kindle app for Windows and Mac as well. You can definitely reach into the 160s!

sd1111

New

Post by sd1111 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:08 am

Hi, I've bought the book and almost went through it. It was a enjoyful reading and thanks for your endeavour to make the book happened. Just couple of questions, if you would like to take your time to answer.

Firtly, you mentioned comprehention is more important than reading speed. Slow down and understand the content is the core of improvement of reading comprehention. However, at later chapter, you also mentioned we should do the objects reading, which means we should mainly focus on the objects and realations. Is that a little bit contradictory with the former point of comprehetion and slow down is more important than speed? Could you explain with more details?

Second, I am around your first position doing PT around 162-163. I am going to take the december test and hope I can get a final score around 170. You mentioned you used the method you introduced to us in less than 2 months, which is exact the position like me. I wonder how many PT have you done before your final test and how many times per PT you have done for your preparation.

Third, using the RC stradegy, how many missed questions have been reduced for your specificaly RC?

I will try to use your method and practice for a while and I will definitely write a review on Amazon and recommend this book to my friends!

Thanks so much.

Grymander

New

Post by Grymander » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:34 am

Wow, nice! Ty for sharing! :wink:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Free Help and Advice from Professionals”