Odyssey's Free LG Explanations + Q&A Forum

Special forum where professionals are encouraged to help law school applicants, students, and graduates.
Jon McCarty

New

Re: Odyssey Logic Games Revolution + Q&A

Post by Jon McCarty » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:43 am

Jgoods wrote:
Jon McCarty wrote:I've added a free two week trial to the Logic Games Revolution so any newcomers can try it out!

I grabbed a hold of the free access deal u had b4 oct... would do it 100x over... the LG videos are nice pace and so easy to connect with. I feel so stupid when I miss a simple but huge inference... but def my go-to LG vid's for explanations
So glad to hear that the Logic Games Course and Explanations have been helpful!! Let me know if you need anything else, I'm always happy to help!

Jon McCarty

New

Re: Odyssey's Free Logic Games Course + LG Q&A

Post by Jon McCarty » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:51 am

tanes25 wrote:
cavalier2015 wrote:Wanted to briefly give me experience with this. I found the videos VERY helpful. It's a bit of a different approach than what I was used to with 7sage but it offers insights that other services couldn't. The way he breaks down the question is really helpful for me. Plus I like the way how he didn't force splitting or diagramming everything and let the questions sometime dictate the diagrams. This saves a lot of time. Couldn't be happier. Thanks for the efforts!

I'm currently taking the 7Sage course and I'm thinking about looking into this but I don't want it to confuse me too much. You've used the 7Sage method and this one, do they conflict too much? Are you confused or get the two mixed up or anything? I just don't want things to get too complicated and confusing for me. TIA!
Thought I'd chime in since it's been a while since you posted. I think you can definitely meld the two effectively. There's always a great advantage in watching how different experts go through the same problems. I would advise that you sign up for the free two week trial and watch a few videos for yourself to see if you can blend the two methods effectively. Many TLSers have reported using both effectively at the same time without getting confused. Once you've tried it out, report back so others can get a sense of working with both. Hope this helps!

Jon McCarty

New

Re: Odyssey Logic Games Revolution + Q&A

Post by Jon McCarty » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:13 pm

Got asked a question today about how to determine how many slots in a diagram should be filled by deductions for a given game. Although there is no guarantee as to how many deductions a game will have I thought I'd share a general rule of thumb that I use once I get my setup and I'm preparing to find deductions.

The more open slots there are within my diagram, the more I try to fill those slots with deductions. This means that on Advanced Linear Games that have 18 open slots, I'm looking to fill at least half of them with deductions, dual-options, or tri-options. If it's a Basic Linear Game with only 5 slots then there's probably not a lot of deductions that can be placed directly on the diagram but there still may be some valuable deductions to put in your deductions list. There are obviously exceptions to this rule but used loosely it may help you get a sense of a game as soon as you set up your diagram.

Hope this helps!!

Jon McCarty

New

Re: Odyssey's Free LG Explanations + Q&A

Post by Jon McCarty » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:36 pm

I know a lot of you guys already have an account to my Odyssey Online Logic Games Course, but I just loaded about 70 of the over 350 videos onto the Odyssey YouTube Channel to make them freely available to everyone. This covers the explanations for PrepTests 56-72 and I'll be getting 73 up shortly.

Check out page 1 of this thread for links: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3&t=233429

Help me make more resources like this freely available by commenting, liking, and subscribing.

Let me know what you think!

Jon McCarty

New

Re: Odyssey's Free LG Explanations + Q&A

Post by Jon McCarty » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:16 pm

Just put the free LG Explanations for Pt 56-Present + a bunch of other useful stuff up here:

https://odysseytestprep.com/lsat-resour ... lanations/

Hope this makes things easier!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Free Help and Advice from Professionals”