New Manhattan LSAT Books (4th ed)!! BOOK WINNERS ANNOUNCED! Forum

Special forum where professionals are encouraged to help law school applicants, students, and graduates.
manillabay

Bronze

Re: New Manhattan LSAT Books (4th ed)!! BOOK WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Post by manillabay » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:23 pm

https://www.manhattanlsat.com/download/ ... Sample.pdf

I think this is all I needed anyway. I'm sure the next 7 chapters are superfluous details.

Thanks Manhattan!

smiles123

Bronze

Post by smiles123 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:26 pm

To get back to what I think is the point of this thread... Is the Manhattan RC book helpful?

I'll be a retaker in Sept and scored in the high 160s this fall on my first shot. I got a -10 in the RC section and did significantly better in the other sections. RC is definitely my weakness. I used all the PS Bibles the first time and a ton of PTs.

Will Manhattan RC help with the retake if I already read PS? What are the advantages of Manhattan over PS? Trying to bring up my high 160s to 170+. Currently looking for new material and strategies that will work and not be a waste of time to focus on for studying this summer. Thanks in advance for any insight!

manillabay

Bronze

Post by manillabay » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:28 pm

smiles123 wrote:To get back to what I think is the point of this thread... Is the Manhattan RC book helpful?

I'll be a retaker in Sept and scored in the high 160s this fall on my first shot. I got a -10 in the RC section and did significantly better in the other sections. RC is definitely my weakness. I used all the PS Bibles the first time and a ton of PTs.

Will Manhattan RC help with the retake if I already read PS? What are the advantages of Manhattan over PS? Trying to bring up my high 160s to 170+. Currently looking for new material and strategies that will work and not be a waste of time to focus on for studying this summer. Thanks in advance for any insight!
Look at the sample I just posted and see if it interests you. I don't think it's worth the 44 dollars, quite frankly. If Christine decides to be a you know what though and give you a book, well then by god, take it. But there isn't anything I haven't read before in their I'm quite sure of it. Just read some shit elsewhere and practice your butt off.

WaltGrace83

Silver

Post by WaltGrace83 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:31 pm

Can you please delete your post in the Geek Thread then, manillabay? It should be saved for Q's and A's only so we can keep it nice and to-the-point for others.

eljefe1

Bronze

Post by eljefe1 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:39 pm

smiles123 wrote:To get back to what I think is the point of this thread... Is the Manhattan RC book helpful?

Please don't listen to anything manillabay says. You don't want to take advice from someone that admits that s/he is troubled by the RC section, do you?

That being said, I can confidently recommend MLSAT's RC book. It's actually sitting on my desk as I type, and I have an hour of today's schedule dedicated to studying it. It offers great insights and strategies to approaching the RC section, as well as a ton of REAL LSAT questions within each section that allow you to test their strategies as you progress and learn more. Keep in mind that this suggestion is coming from someone who admittedly didn't think studying for the RC section would be necessary. Don't be fooled by this line of thinking that I once possessed. If you're struggling with the RC section, or just want to squeeze out those few remaining elusive RC points, this is the book to consult.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

smiles123

Bronze

Post by smiles123 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:48 pm

Thats eljefe1, I appreciate the insight!

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:56 pm

manillabay wrote:

Look at the sample I just posted and see if it interests you. I don't think it's worth the 44 dollars, quite frankly. If Christine decides to be a you know what though and give you a book, well then by god, take it. But there isn't anything I haven't read before in their I'm quite sure of it. Just read some shit elsewhere and practice your butt off.
Ban Manilla! He just PM'ed me and called me a TLS noob. LOL.

90convoy

Silver

Post by 90convoy » Wed May 28, 2014 2:07 pm

I received the 10 Real LSATs Grouped by Question Type and I must say that it has been helpful. As a re-taker already scoring in the high 160s low 170s (my goal) at the time I received the book, I really just needed to use it in order to stay keen for the June test.

The most innovative part of this book is the way it features logic games. It has every game from 41-50. The game is on one page and your workspace is on the other page. It is really neat because you get two separate work spaces for the same game so that you can do each game twice. This was really helpful because I didn't want to print all of that shit, and quite frankly, I was so done with LSAT at this point (7months of studying) that this convenience made all the difference in motivating me to study. Anyway, I'd recommend it to someone who is already scoring close to there goal

smiles123

Bronze

Post by smiles123 » Wed May 28, 2014 4:40 pm

That's a really good suggestion! It will help identify the types of problems I really struggle with.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Free Help and Advice from Professionals”