Dummy who needs to take the CA Bar: Themis or Barbri? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
PodPeople

New

Dummy who needs to take the CA Bar: Themis or Barbri?

Post by PodPeople » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:20 pm

Currently a 3L at a T14* with a big law job lined up post-grad. I am taking the CA bar in July 2020, and I am terrified.

My law school grades suck. Every time I have been given a multiple choice exam, as part of a final exam, I get about half of the multiple choice questions right. I do only slightly better with timed essays.

Most of the "Barbri or Themis?" threads I have seen take the cost into account as a big factor weighing towards the cheaper Themis prep course. Well, I don't care about the cost. Even if a firm wasn't paying for my bar prep, I still wouldn't care about Barbri being more expensive. What matters to me is who has the best program. So, cost aside...

Which bar prep company is better for total morons like me who are terrible at multiple choice exams, and who also have the memory of a goldfish?

*(For those wondering how I suck at exams and got into a T14: I studied the LSAT for two years, took it twice, and I had a good GPA at a top college that did not require many timed exams, and I had a great personal statement)

Yea All Right

Silver

Re: Dummy who needs to take the CA Bar: Themis or Barbri?

Post by Yea All Right » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:27 pm

Regardless of which bar prep company you choose, make sure to also supplement with Adaptibar (crucial - especially if you're bad at multiple choice!), Critical Pass flashcards (also great), Magic Sheets or Lean Sheets, etc.

The mistake a lot of people make is sticking too closely to their bar prep companies, especially when the schedule/approach used by the bar prep companies doesn't match their individual learning style.

PodPeople

New

Re: Dummy who needs to take the CA Bar: Themis or Barbri?

Post by PodPeople » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:32 pm

That comment is super helpful, Yea, so thank you!

I had forgotten all about other materials...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”