Essays (MEE)

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
ncheerharan

New

Essays (MEE)

Postby ncheerharan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:13 pm

Hey guys,

Idk about you all but I'm starting to panic on these MEE essays. I've done a few for grading, and I'm consistently missing something. Like I'll nail issue A, B, and C and then the sample answer will be like oh and dont forget issue D and I'm like damn man I didnt even think about issue D. Not to mention I feel like the essay scoring rubrics want us to write out every minute detail, like 4th amendment is applicable through due process, and I'm sitting here thinking to myself if i have 30 minutes to write an essay chances are I'm gonna be rushing and miss out on that small point and cost myself.

Anyone else having these issues, and if so any advice in how to make sure you dont forget small points? I figure if I can nail the small points and 3/4 of the main issues missing one issue wont be fatal.

I'm doing well on MBE and MPT. So right now panic is setting in that I'm gonna fail because of MEE.

Thanks in advance.

SilvermanBarPrep

Partner

Re: Essays (MEE)

Postby SilvermanBarPrep » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:07 pm

If you're hitting issues A, B, and C, and missing issue D you're going to do just fine. The bar exam is about competence, not expertise. Keep at it for the last few weeks since it sounds like you're on the right track!

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?