withdrawing from bar exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
caitlin1016

New

withdrawing from bar exam

Post by caitlin1016 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:24 am

It actually kills me to say this but I have to withdraw from the July 2019 California bar exam because of family issues...
I'm assuming my California character and fitness app will still be processed? But if I'm wrong lemme know
What do I need to do to go about this and still be able to take February? I know I won't get a refund at this point.
Thanks.

ReasonablePersonSSC

New

Re: withdrawing from bar exam

Post by ReasonablePersonSSC » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:27 am

caitlin1016 wrote:It actually kills me to say this but I have to withdraw from the July 2019 California bar exam because of family issues...
I'm assuming my California character and fitness app will still be processed? But if I'm wrong lemme know
What do I need to do to go about this and still be able to take February? I know I won't get a refund at this point.
Thanks.
Unless your family issues prevent you from physically taking the exam on those two days, consider taking it as a practice exam. The exam costs are already “sunk” so you Can maximize the return on those cost by sitting for it. You will learn the logistics of the exam, experience how you react to the pressure, practice 5 essays, 1 PT, and 200 real MBE questions, all under timed conditions for less than a bar prep program. Taking it as a practice exam will free your mind of the fear of failing, releasing the knowledge you gained in law school, and you just might pass. In addition, July takers get a bump on their written scores from the usually higher mean MBE score.

Wishing you well...

b290

Bronze

Re: withdrawing from bar exam

Post by b290 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:59 am

ReasonablePersonSSC wrote:
caitlin1016 wrote:It actually kills me to say this but I have to withdraw from the July 2019 California bar exam because of family issues...
Thanks.
Unless your family issues prevent you from physically taking the exam on those two days, consider taking it as a practice exam. The exam costs are already “sunk” so you Can maximize the return on those cost by sitting for it. You will learn the logistics of the exam, experience how you react to the pressure, practice 5 essays, 1 PT, and 200 real MBE questions, all under timed conditions for less than a bar prep program. Taking it as a practice exam will free your mind of the fear of failing, releasing the knowledge you gained in law school, and you just might pass. In addition, July takers get a bump on their written scores from the usually higher mean MBE score.

Wishing you well...
+1 Nothing is better than real experience. Only you will know to react to bar conditions.

Take the test. You can't get the money back at this point.

My $.02

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”