Failed CA Bar 2nd Time/But improved tremendously Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
DodgerBlues1991

New

Failed CA Bar 2nd Time/But improved tremendously

Post by DodgerBlues1991 » Tue May 21, 2019 6:55 pm

I wanted to write a post here asking for some advice. This past F19 I took my second bar exam. I did about 85 points better than my last attempt, J19. In July 18 I scored a scaled total of 1339, with 1319 on MBE.
In Feb 19 I scored a scaled total of 1419 with a 1341 on MBE.

The first time around I studied using Themis, watching lecture, etc. felt like it was a complete waste of my time, and performed poorly.
The second time around I self-studied using Themis' essays, AdaptiBar, S & T book, and Critical Pass.

I am kind of at odds on what more I can do to gain these 20 missed points on the next bar exam. My essays are pretty stabilized, however the MBE is just simply too low. So I am wondering if it may be best to join a new program, or self-study and just find a tutor to increase MBE.

Any advice you guys may have will be greatly appreciated. At this point studying for a third-time my confidence is pretty shattered to so its going to be another week until I can get back into this thing.

lexingtonhr

New

Re: Failed CA Bar 2nd Time/But improved tremendously

Post by lexingtonhr » Thu May 23, 2019 9:03 am

DodgerBlues1991 wrote:I wanted to write a post here asking for some advice. This past F19 I took my second bar exam. I did about 85 points better than my last attempt, J19. In July 18 I scored a scaled total of 1339, with 1319 on MBE.

The first time around I studied using Themis, watching lecture, etc. felt like it was a complete waste of my time, and performed poorly.
The second time around I self-studied using Themis' essays, AdaptiBar, S & T book, and Critical Pass.

I am kind of at odds on what more I can do to gain these 20 missed points on the next bar exam. My essays are pretty stabilized, however the MBE is just simply too low. So I am wondering if it may be best to join a new program, or self-study and just find a tutor to increase MBE.

Any advice you guys may have will be greatly appreciated. At this point studying for a third-time my confidence is pretty shattered to so its going to be another week until I can get back into this thing.
I'm in the same boat. July 18' 1350 total scaled. Feb '19 1415 total scaled, albeit you're 5 pts its higher. My MBE score hurt me, it was terrible. A 1286. I don't know how to boost that score and what strategies to use to beat it.

DodgerBlues1991

New

Post by DodgerBlues1991 » Thu May 23, 2019 1:45 pm

lexingtonhr wrote:
DodgerBlues1991 wrote:I wanted to write a post here asking for some advice. This past F19 I took my second bar exam. I did about 85 points better than my last attempt, J19. In July 18 I scored a scaled total of 1339, with 1319 on MBE.

I'm in the same boat. July 18' 1350 total scaled. Feb '19 1415 total scaled, albeit you're 5 pts its higher. My MBE score hurt me, it was terrible. A 1286. I don't know how to boost that score and what strategies to use to beat it.
I think im thinking to self-study again and maybe get a tutor for mbe.

lexingtonhr

New

Post by lexingtonhr » Thu May 23, 2019 2:04 pm

DodgerBlues1991 wrote:
lexingtonhr wrote:

I am trying to right now too but I haven’t come up with anything. I was thinking of using one timers but I don’t know if the mbe practice is a stand-alone. Also, jd advising has specific mbe help which I might utilize. They boast about a 7 point increase but I need more than just 7 points, evidently.

Let me know what you come up with. My substantive law is extremely lacking and I have no idea how to improve

DodgerBlues1991

New

Post by DodgerBlues1991 » Thu May 23, 2019 3:08 pm

lexingtonhr wrote:
DodgerBlues1991 wrote:
lexingtonhr wrote:

I am trying to right now too but I haven’t come up with anything. I was thinking of using one timers but I don’t know if the mbe practice is a stand-alone. Also, jd advising has specific mbe help which I might utilize. They boast about a 7 point increase but I need more than just 7 points, evidently.

Let me know what you come up with. My substantive law is extremely lacking and I have no idea how to improve

Def if you don't mind I'll PM you and we can talk study strategy since our scores are so close.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lexingtonhr

New

Post by lexingtonhr » Thu May 23, 2019 3:14 pm

DodgerBlues1991 wrote:
lexingtonhr wrote:
DodgerBlues1991 wrote:
lexingtonhr wrote:

Def if you don't mind I'll PM you and we can talk study strategy since our scores are so close.
Of course

JohnnieSockran

Bronze

Post by JohnnieSockran » Thu May 23, 2019 4:06 pm

How many questions did you guys do on Adaptibar? It really helped me pass my 2nd time, and I think I did almost 2,000 questions on Adaptibar while studying for my 2nd bar exam.

DodgerBlues1991

New

Post by DodgerBlues1991 » Thu May 23, 2019 6:41 pm

JohnnieSockran wrote:How many questions did you guys do on Adaptibar? It really helped me pass my 2nd time, and I think I did almost 2,000 questions on Adaptibar while studying for my 2nd bar exam.
I did 1200 but all in all 2200 with other sources.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”