Applicants to SDNY with overseas bar/court admissions Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Neilt001

Applicants to SDNY with overseas bar/court admissions

Post by Neilt001 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:59 pm

Hi there,

Bit of a specific question but have been having trouble finding the answer:

If I am applying to the SDNY, do I need certificates of good standing from all my overseas court and bar admissions? Or just my New York State bar certificate of good standing?

No worries if you don't know. I'll probably have to contact the court clerk to find out, but if anyone has any experience with this that would be much appreciated!

DalRock

New

Re: Applicants to SDNY with overseas bar/court admissions

Post by DalRock » Wed May 01, 2019 3:36 pm

When you get admitted to SDNY, can you please sponsor me? I've been looking for sponsor for months but I don't know anyone who is a member of SDNY. Thanks.

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Mon May 06, 2019 9:00 pm

Neilt001 wrote:Hi there,

If I am applying to the SDNY, do I need certificates of good standing from all my overseas court and bar admissions? Or just my New York State bar certificate of good standing?

No worries if you don't know. I'll probably have to contact the court clerk to find out, but if anyone has any experience with this that would be much appreciated!
I recall they want them from all jurisdictions. I had to get Jersey and Florida for them as well...pains in the butts. Idk if jurisdiction means US strictly, but knowing them I wouldn't be surprised if it meant all.

Neilt001

Post by Neilt001 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:55 pm

hockeyman969 wrote:
Neilt001 wrote:Hi there,

I recall they want them from all jurisdictions. I had to get Jersey and Florida for them as well...pains in the butts. Idk if jurisdiction means US strictly, but knowing them I wouldn't be surprised if it meant all.
Hmm, yeah that's what I was wondering. You definitely need all US jurisdictions but they never said anything about overseas. Interestingly enough, I called them and they said you don't. Which is surprising, cause you'd think they would be strict about that.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”