MBE average score as % of correct answers Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ELerner

New

MBE average score as % of correct answers

Post by ELerner » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:45 pm

Does anyone know what the national average MBE score is, stated as a % of correct answers? I can find all sorts of stats re "score," but nothing that translates that into percentage of correct answers. I'm looking to gauge myself after having taken a diagnostic test before beginning down-and-dirty study prep.

Thanks.

JoeSeperac

Re: MBE average score as % of correct answers

Post by JoeSeperac » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:43 am

ELerner wrote:Does anyone know what the national average MBE score is, stated as a % of correct answers? I can find all sorts of stats re "score," but nothing that translates that into percentage of correct answers. I'm looking to gauge myself after having taken a diagnostic test before beginning down-and-dirty study prep.

Thanks.
My best guesstimate is 64% correct to achieve the February mean of 136.5 (based on avg national Feb MBE mean from 1973 to today) or 69% correct to achieve the July mean of 142 (based on avg national July MBE mean from 1973 to today)

dabigchina

Gold

Re: MBE average score as % of correct answers

Post by dabigchina » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:14 pm

JoeSeperac wrote:
ELerner wrote:Does anyone know what the national average MBE score is, stated as a % of correct answers? I can find all sorts of stats re "score," but nothing that translates that into percentage of correct answers. I'm looking to gauge myself after having taken a diagnostic test before beginning down-and-dirty study prep.

Thanks.
My best guesstimate is 64% correct to achieve the February mean of 136.5 (based on avg national Feb MBE mean from 1973 to today) or 69% correct to achieve the July mean of 142 (based on avg national July MBE mean from 1973 to today)
69% translates to 142? Thats pretty surprising. I definitely did not feel like I got 69% right walking out of last July's mbe

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”