Feb 2019 DC Bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
bardc123

New

Re: Feb 2019 DC Bar

Post by bardc123 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:12 pm

Passed. Huge relief. Congrats to all! Also my ube score was included in email.

shep33

New

Post by shep33 » Tue May 21, 2019 12:10 am

Passed! Congrats to everyone who took the exam. It's an accomplishment just to get here everyone.

Keep going! Keep pushing! It will work out!

St0pI'mC0nfused

New

Post by St0pI'mC0nfused » Fri May 24, 2019 12:31 pm

Still waiting on that public posting...Do they usually miss their own deadlines??

sleeplessindc

New

Post by sleeplessindc » Fri May 24, 2019 1:39 pm

St0pI'mC0nfused wrote:Still waiting on that public posting...Do they usually miss their own deadlines??
When I called the Admissions Committee today, the person who answered the phone said they're working on it and hoping to get it posted by COB today and by next Tuesday at the latest. (They had announced on their own website that the public list would be posted on May 23.)

Speaking of which, have others heard whether it's important in the legal profession, especially when dealing with the court system, to meet deadlines and to follow through on your promises? :x

St0pI'mC0nfused

New

Post by St0pI'mC0nfused » Fri May 24, 2019 3:13 pm

FYI, they posted the list around 2:30 p.m. today!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nothing561

New

Post by nothing561 » Wed May 29, 2019 5:15 pm

Has anyone else received their essay score breakdown? My scores seem particularly inconsistent. I am baffled.

LaShuanMichelle

New

Post by LaShuanMichelle » Thu May 30, 2019 6:04 am

nothing561 wrote:Has anyone else received their essay score breakdown? My scores seem particularly inconsistent. I am baffled.
You can get this if you go to the review. You will see your written answers, the model answer and your score. However this is only offered to students who were not successful. If you have an opportunity I recommend you sign up to go to the review.

If this is not an option, Im not sure if you can get the essay score breakdown... my gut tells me you cant.

bardc123

New

Post by bardc123 » Thu May 30, 2019 2:22 pm

Does anyone know if DC needs a score transcript for the MPRE? Or can we simply just transfer the score directly from NCBE?

Krissynateylee

Bronze

Post by Krissynateylee » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:25 pm

Anyone else nervous about the C&F delaying the swearing in? :(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LaShuanMichelle

New

Post by LaShuanMichelle » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:15 pm

bardc123 wrote:Does anyone know if DC needs a score transcript for the MPRE? Or can we simply just transfer the score directly from NCBE?
I transferred my score directly from NCBE & that was sufficient.

bardc123

New

Post by bardc123 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:27 am

Did anyone get the certifation email yet? I just saw the slots for the ceremony on their site...

sleeplessindc

New

Post by sleeplessindc » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:57 am

bardc123 wrote:Did anyone get the certifation email yet? I just saw the slots for the ceremony on their site...
I have not.

I submitted my character & fitness application to NCBE in mid December. At the end of May, my status in NCBE changed to "Complete" and "All documents have been sent to your jurisdiction for further processing and review. NCBE’s processing is complete. Completing and submitting a character and fitness application is only part of the bar application process." As of today my status in the DC Bar application portal is still "3. UBE Exam Admission" and "Status: Pending Report" for C&F.

bardc123

New

Post by bardc123 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:32 pm

sleeplessindc wrote:
bardc123 wrote:Did anyone get the certifation email yet? I just saw the slots for the ceremony on their site...
I have not.

I submitted my character & fitness application to NCBE in mid December. At the end of May, my status in NCBE changed to "Complete" and "All documents have been sent to your jurisdiction for further processing and review. NCBE’s processing is complete. Completing and submitting a character and fitness application is only part of the bar application process." As of today my status in the DC Bar application portal is still "3. UBE Exam Admission" and "Status: Pending Report" for C&F.
My NCBE status has been complete since the end of May as well. I'm so tired of this waiting game. First results and now this. I guess I'll call them at the end of this week if I don't hear anything yet. Ughh

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sleeplessindc

New

Post by sleeplessindc » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:32 pm

I didn't receive any emails from the Committee on Admissions notifying me that I was certified, but today my application status in the application portal jumped from Step 3 to Step 5 "Certified: Pending Swear In". OMG it's actually happening :-]

jjjddd

New

Post by jjjddd » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:14 pm

Could I ask you what your lastname starts with? Is it alphabetical? When did you send in your application to NCBE? Just looking for a patern, mine didn't move I don't know if I should be worried.

bardc123

New

Post by bardc123 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:04 pm

jjjddd wrote:Could I ask you what your lastname starts with? Is it alphabetical? When did you send in your application to NCBE? Just looking for a patern, mine didn't move I don't know if I should be worried.
My last name starts with a C. My status hasn't moved either. I did find some posts from last year that some ppl got their certification in the beginning of July...

sleeplessindc

New

Post by sleeplessindc » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:50 am

bardc123 wrote:
jjjddd wrote:Could I ask you what your lastname starts with? Is it alphabetical? When did you send in your application to NCBE? Just looking for a patern, mine didn't move I don't know if I should be worried.
My last name starts with a C. My status hasn't moved either. I did find some posts from last year that some ppl got their certification in the beginning of July...
It sounds like the Committee reviews Character & Fitness applications of people who've passed the UBE according to the chronological order that they're received from NCBE. During last year's February cycle, another poster wrote this: "[The director] told me that they just received a large batch of C&F from NCBE last week and that they working hard to review them and get everyone certified before the swearing in ceremony" http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... #p10331093 It's possible that they review according to alpha order within those batches, but considering that there are only about 400 February 2019 DC bar takers who passed, alphabet order should have little actual impact.

So if NCBE has completed your investigation and sent your files to DC, you'll just have to sit tight. Some people last year did get their certification only a few days before the July swearing in.

However, if NCBE still hasn't completed your C&F investigation by now, or if you had major red flags in your file, that's a different conversation. (Those Character and Fitness applications were due to NCBE by December 15 for all DC applicants, if I remember correctly.) The gist I got from these anonymous boards is that the reason could be anything, e.g., an innocuous delay due to employers not responding, undisclosed arrests, protracted civil litigation, history of substance abuse, etc.

I don't know if NCBE always contacts the applicant when they find a red flag, but for the record discrepancies, undisclosed items, and unverifiable employment -- things that might seem bad on the surface but also could have a perfectly innocuous explanation -- it sounds like they generally do contact applicants and give them a chance to amend & explain.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sleeplessindc

New

Post by sleeplessindc » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:35 am

sleeplessindc wrote:I didn't receive any emails from the Committee on Admissions notifying me that I was certified, but today my application status in the application portal jumped from Step 3 to Step 5 "Certified: Pending Swear In". OMG it's actually happening :-]
I just wanted to note that I did receive the certification email from the Committee yesterday afternoon (June 24). It was unfortunately in my spam filter.

drapeaurouge

New

Post by drapeaurouge » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:00 pm

@sleeplessindc - what was your Application Submission Date as seen in the DC Courts portal?

sleeplessindc

New

Post by sleeplessindc » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:33 pm

drapeaurouge wrote:@sleeplessindc - what was your Application Submission Date as seen in the DC Courts portal?
December 13, 2018

bardc123

New

Post by bardc123 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:11 am

Mine was submitted on 12/4, and I still haven't received my certification email yet. I don't think this has anything to do with the date of submission. I called them during their phone hours yesterday, and no one picked up. Called again this morning, and no one picked up. If anyone else has info on what's going on, would appreciate it if you post on here.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

simone124

New

Post by simone124 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:48 am

I submitted my C&F app. on December 11, 2018 and my status stills says "pending report." Called the Committee on Admissions at 10:30 am today and the rep said they are trying to get everyone processed by today (6/27) and tomorrow (6/28) :roll:. She took my name down.

sleeplessindc

New

Post by sleeplessindc » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:55 am

Of course, the date when the Character and Fitness application was submitted to NCBE and/or the DC admissions committee is not the same as the date as when NCBE completed and submitted its investigation file to the DC admissions committee.

Once the DC admissions committee receives the C&F application from NCBE, it then has to review it -- which might take shorter or longer depending on what NCBE's investigative findings say. (Or maybe people's applications got stuck at the bottom of a DC admissions committee employee's pile for no reason related to the applications' content. Who knows.)

So it's totally plausible that two applications submitted to NCBE on the same date and then received by DC on the same date could nonetheless lead to certifications on different dates.

bardc123

New

Post by bardc123 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:31 am

simone124 wrote:I submitted my C&F app. on December 11, 2018 and my status stills says "pending report." Called the Committee on Admissions at 10:30 am today and the rep said they are trying to get everyone processed by today (6/27) and tomorrow (6/28) :roll:. She took my name down.
I just got mine at 8:34am this morning! It was in my spam folder. Check yours to see if you have it!

Hawkeyes126

New

Post by Hawkeyes126 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:42 am

So I called to check on my application. It had not yet been reviewed. I then was told “I will email you do not worry.” Then I get emailed with a question about my application which I handled within the hour. Now no response. Highly doubt everyone will be certified by today

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”