UBE Feb 2019 Bar Exam - Waiting is torture Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Biskei

New

UBE Feb 2019 Bar Exam - Waiting is torture

Post by Biskei » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:08 pm

NJ bar re-taker here. Results aren't expected until the beginning of May and I am driving myself crazy. I think the wait is worse this time around. Maybe it is the fear of failing for a second time. IDK... Someone please talk me off the ledge.

lawgirl3521

New

Re: UBE Feb 2019 Bar Exam - Waiting is torture

Post by lawgirl3521 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:28 am

Biskei wrote:NJ bar re-taker here. Results aren't expected until the beginning of May and I am driving myself crazy. I think the wait is worse this time around. Maybe it is the fear of failing for a second time. IDK... Someone please talk me off the ledge.
Everything about law school is sadistic. Get off that ledge and pour yourself a stiff drink. Keep pouring until results post. That is what I am currently doing, and our results should post within the hour. Best of luck.

Jbeans

New

Post by Jbeans » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:30 pm

Anyone waiting for NY? The BOLE page says "last week of April".. so does that mean we can expect our results from 24-30 April?

JTIII

New

Post by JTIII » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:12 pm

Jbeans wrote:Anyone waiting for NY? The BOLE page says "last week of April".. so does that mean we can expect our results from 24-30 April?
I think that's what most people are expecting.

JHP

Bronze

Post by JHP » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:32 am

Biskei wrote:NJ bar re-taker here. Results aren't expected until the beginning of May and I am driving myself crazy. I think the wait is worse this time around. Maybe it is the fear of failing for a second time. IDK... Someone please talk me off the ledge.
So much about law school is based on fear of failure--fear of not getting into the school you want, not getting the grades you want, not getting the job you want or not getting a job at all. The bar is, of course, one of the top worst aspects of law school because it is all-or-nothing--you fail or you pass. But just remember that none of it--your school, your grades, your job, or your passing/not passing--is a reflection of yourself. I think a lot of waiting is torture because it plays with people's self-confidence and self-worth. You have too much time to think about the what-ifs of failure, which inevitably leads to insecure thoughts about yourself, which probably gets worse each time someone has to re-take a bar. If it helps, just know that there are a lot of people in the same shoes as you, and they're all thinking the same awful thoughts about failing, which probably means you're just one of the large pool of people who just happened to not pass--it doesn't have to do with how smart or worthy you are.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Biskei

New

Post by Biskei » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:12 pm

Yup... still waiting anxiously for these darn results!!! Any inside information on when NJ will release the results? What's the likelihood results will be released sooner than previous years? Jesus take the wheel :?

mrblue110

New

Post by mrblue110 » Wed May 01, 2019 6:28 pm

May 1 and still no NJ results. Absolute torture

paperplanes22

New

Post by paperplanes22 » Wed May 01, 2019 7:46 pm

Colorado results are being released tomorrow “no earlier than 9am”... I believe they were released sometime between 9 and 11 am for previous administrations. I’m so anxious I can hardly breathe.

paperplanes22

New

Post by paperplanes22 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:27 pm

Passed!! 278

This was my fourth attempt at a bar exam (but 1st in CO)... if I can do it, you can too!

:D

Biskei

New

Post by Biskei » Fri May 03, 2019 9:17 am

paperplanes22 wrote:Passed!! 278

This was my fourth attempt at a bar exam (but 1st in CO)... if I can do it, you can too!

:D
Congratulations!!! I'm hoping NJ is released today :shock: I'm such a nervous wreck

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”