Bar Application Gets License Revoked Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Dads707

New

Bar Application Gets License Revoked

Post by Dads707 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:06 pm

Currently dealing with an odd situation.

Requested DMV records from VA (where I have been a resident my entire life) to be sent to my non-VA school address. When I received my records, I received a notice that my license would be revoked within 3-4 weeks unless I sent documentation stating that I was a student (or had another reason for having an out of state mailing address.)

I've talked with folks at the DMV and have gotten the process started on my end, but the revocation process was automatic and leaves little time to correct in case the documents they requested were not sufficient since processing take 7-10 business days.

Anyone else find themselves in a similar position? How'd it go?

Any insight into how the procedure of having to report a license revocation to the Bar will go if the DMV doesn't process my paperwork in time?

Smiddywesson

Bronze

Re: Bar Application Gets License Revoked

Post by Smiddywesson » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:33 pm

Dads707 wrote:Currently dealing with an odd situation.

Requested DMV records from VA (where I have been a resident my entire life) to be sent to my non-VA school address. When I received my records, I received a notice that my license would be revoked within 3-4 weeks unless I sent documentation stating that I was a student (or had another reason for having an out of state mailing address.)

I've talked with folks at the DMV and have gotten the process started on my end, but the revocation process was automatic and leaves little time to correct in case the documents they requested were not sufficient since processing take 7-10 business days.

Any insight into how the procedure of having to report a license revocation to the Bar will go if the DMV doesn't process my paperwork in time?
A lot of these procedures were enacted after 911, and I'm sure the Examiners know that and have dealt with this issue repeatedly. I'd just copy what they sent you, which obviously indicates it wasn't your fault, and just forward it to keep your bar application updated.

Dads707

New

Post by Dads707 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:19 am

Smiddywesson wrote:
Dads707 wrote:Currently dealing with an odd situation.

A lot of these procedures were enacted after 911, and I'm sure the Examiners know that and have dealt with this issue repeatedly. I'd just copy what they sent you, which obviously indicates it wasn't your fault, and just forward it to keep your bar application updated.
Thanks much. Was informed that everything was processed correctly a little less than a week before the revocation was to take place. All good in the hood here.

Smiddywesson

Bronze

Post by Smiddywesson » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:52 am

Fantastic and congrats. I don't think I really began to give bar prep my all until I got the damn application finished. The application process was more stressful than the actual test. :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”