Has anyone used Seperac for MBE? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
mysojuli

New

Has anyone used Seperac for MBE?

Post by mysojuli » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:27 am

Has anyone used the Seperac outline for MBE? I see some reviews for the UBE not anything recent for MBE.

Smiddywesson

Bronze

Re: Has anyone used Seperac for MBE?

Post by Smiddywesson » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:28 am

mysojuli wrote:Has anyone used the Seperac outline for MBE? I see some reviews for the UBE not anything recent for MBE.
Unfortunately, I didn't find Separac until it was too late. Whether I use his services will depend on whether my gliched laptop sunk me on Day One of the February test. Fortunately, I was very strong on the MBE, so I have a shot at passing, but who knows?

I spent a year getting ready for this test. I've read back through several years of the NCBE publications and everything I could find regarding the MBE. In an entire year, I've met one person who knows what he's talking about when it comes to the MBE, and that's Joe Separac. He costs about 1/8th of what Barbri costs, and he'll give you a much higher chance of passing. Barbri's approach is to fill you full of scare stories and then throw everything at you, giving you an impossible schedule and basically telling you it's your fault if you fail. I don't need to pay someone $4k to give me everything, I need someone to give me what I need to pass in the order of priority I need to learn it. That's what Seperac does. He has dredged up the same quotes I have from Directors of Testing identifying your priorities, and he obviously understands how those materials are revised to correlate to the Subject Outline. In other words, you will be given the key laws that are on the test so you can study those first. He will give you the focus you need for a high probability of success. For example, pull up some of his comments about how subjective the grading can be on the essays, even where the grading is calibrated three times as was the case in California, those grades were still found to vary by as much as 20% Separac rightly points his students towards preparing for the MBE, the part of test most likely to fail you, and the part that is much more objective. Other companies just want to sell you their coaching on the essays, which is a crap shoot. You want to put your eggs in the basket that's guaranteed to provide a return on investment, not smooth talking encouragement from some fast talking coach.

As far as the MPT and MEE go, I can't say what he teaches. He's given plenty of hints that he's aware the MEE subjects are very superficial, and the issues tested are tested repeatedly over the years. Knowing him, he did a statistical analysis laying out the probability in outline form similar to Studicata. I used the Studicata outlines and had everything I needed on Day One, except a laptop that actually worked, but that's another story.

Bottom Line: I studied 1533 hours over the course of one year, and spent WELL over that researching the best way to go about this test. If I were to recommend one bar review source, it would be Separac, nobody else is even close. We are all awash in materials, avoid that approach like the plague. What we need is prioritization and focus, he'll give you that.

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:41 pm

I second the advice given here. I've known Joe for some time and he's the real deal for sure.

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

Deezired6

New

Post by Deezired6 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:55 am

JOE is the Truth!!! I’ve used him and he’s 100% solid. Best of luck!!

mysojuli

New

Post by mysojuli » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:31 am

Deezired6 wrote:JOE is the Truth!!! I’ve used him and he’s 100% solid. Best of luck!!
I bought the MBE package yesterday! It also came out yesterday lol so I’m ahead of the curve lol

But, how do I use All this material? How did you use the information? Did you make flashcards? Did you just read everything? I need some guidance on what to do with so much info!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”