pro bono requirement Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
leeyatong

New

pro bono requirement

Post by leeyatong » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:43 pm

Hi, everyone, I have finished the bar exam in February 2019, and I am now applying for the 50 hours pro bono, but I have a question, could you please help me?

I read the 520.16 of the Rules of the Court of Appeals for several times, I think if I work as an externship in the court, it satisfies the requirement, though the work is just to do some research and some documentation (traffic citation), and the work is not for the low income group. Am I right? or it must for the non-profit or low income? Thanks.

I have another question, what is the law related employment. if the employment is not in the law firm or court (under the supervision of attorney or justice), but it is in the corporation, and sometimes law-related (legal research), is it law related? Thanks.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”