Transfer UBE Score to Arizona from New Mexico Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Enthused Law Student

New

Transfer UBE Score to Arizona from New Mexico

Post by Enthused Law Student » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:34 pm

Hi everyone,

I apologize if my question is somewhat repetitive, but I am just trying to get a little help with a specific question (my University's career services and advising department has really broken down in recent months and I could use a little assistance with this question). :)

My personal facts: I am a law student graduating in May of 2019. I am already registered to take the Bar Exam in New Mexico this July 2019. I have completed the C&F application for New Mexico, completed the in-person course on New Mexico Law, and have achieved a passing MPRE score for all jurisdictions.

Issues: I would also like to become licensed to practice in Arizona as soon as possible. Bear in mind that both states are "UBE" jurisdictions.
  • If I get a 273 on the UBE administered and taken in New Mexico this July 2019, is getting admission to the Arizona Bar really as simple as following the UBE Transfer Score Application found in the following location: https://www.azcourts.gov/Portals/26/adm ... cklist.pdf from the AZSC's website?
  • Would I still need to go through the full C&F application for the State of Arizona?
  • I find it hard to believe that I would not need to do so in light of the fact that I am not yet a licensed attorney anywhere. While there are some C&F "light" pieces in the checklist, the process just seems "too" easy compared to the extensive application process in New Mexico.

Further, if anyone knows who I could reach out to in Arizona to ensure that I understand this process, I would be immensely grateful .

Thanks, :lol:
ELS

Kalani111

New

Re: Transfer UBE Score to Arizona from New Mexico

Post by Kalani111 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:22 pm

Hi, I am licensed in AZ. To the best of my knowledge, you will need to present the documents on that list and go through the C & F process. Any other questions let me know.

Enthused Law Student

New

Post by Enthused Law Student » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:48 pm

Kalani,

Thanks for responding!

So to the best of your knowledge, I CAN take the bar in a foreign jurisdiction (NM), and if the score is 273 or higher and I complete the above checklist, I can get licensed in AZ right away?

Regards,
ELS

Kalani111

New

Post by Kalani111 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:38 pm

I everyone has to do a C & F app. 34(H)(F) Rules of Admission for transfer score. The process goes pretty quick if you have a somewhat clean record.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”