NY February 2019 Group Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
FutureLawyer2

New

Re: NY February 2019 Group

Post by FutureLawyer2 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:59 am

Actually, just dove into this a bit more. Basically, depending on what department you are in - you will receive an email with an initial notification of instructions based on the department's procedures.

See below: copy and pasted from - https://www.nycourts.gov/courts/ad2/ori ... ions.shtml

2. User Name and Password: Access to the video requires a user name and password. Any candidate who has taken the NYS bar exam, except for those candidates whose certification has been transferred from another judicial department, will receive a user name and password via a Notice sent to the e-mail address previously provided by such candidate to the NYS Board of Law Examiners. The Notice will be e-mailed within approximately 10 business days after such candidate has taken the bar exam. All such candidates who pass the exam will be e-mailed a second Notice within approximately 10 business days after the date the results of that exam are publicly released. Any candidate who has not taken the NYS bar exam, or who has transferred from another judicial department, or any candidate who has misplaced a previously provided user name and password, must obtain a user name and password by sending a request by e-mail to the Office of the Committees on Character & Fitness (CCF) at AD2CCF@nycourts.gov and placing the following characters only in the subject line of the email (in uppercase): AD2OPPLOGIN

John---

New

Post by John--- » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:17 pm

FutureLawyer2 wrote:Actually, just dove into this a bit more. Basically, depending on what department you are in - you will receive an email with an initial notification of instructions based on the department's procedures.

See below: copy and pasted from - https://www.nycourts.gov/courts/ad2/ori ... ions.shtml

2. User Name and Password: Access to the video requires a user name and password. Any candidate who has taken the NYS bar exam, except for those candidates whose certification has been transferred from another judicial department, will receive a user name and password via a Notice sent to the e-mail address previously provided by such candidate to the NYS Board of Law Examiners. The Notice will be e-mailed within approximately 10 business days after such candidate has taken the bar exam. All such candidates who pass the exam will be e-mailed a second Notice within approximately 10 business days after the date the results of that exam are publicly released. Any candidate who has not taken the NYS bar exam, or who has transferred from another judicial department, or any candidate who has misplaced a previously provided user name and password, must obtain a user name and password by sending a request by e-mail to the Office of the Committees on Character & Fitness (CCF) at AD2CCF@nycourts.gov and placing the following characters only in the subject line of the email (in uppercase): AD2OPPLOGIN

Thanks! They are probably sending this in alphabetical order...

FutureLawyer2

New

Post by FutureLawyer2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:08 am

Does anyone know when results are supposed to be released?

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:56 pm

FutureLawyer2 wrote:Does anyone know when results are supposed to be released?
BOLE says 'last week of April'.

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:13 am

TheJuryMustDie wrote:
FutureLawyer2 wrote:Does anyone know when results are supposed to be released?
BOLE says 'last week of April'.
Hmm my guess is Wednesday, April 24th.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:17 pm

I just managed to convince myself that I may have failed the exam! : ( As always, my written part was criminally appalling, whilst Civil Procedures may have done me in on the MBE, which is usually my strength. (There must have been about 127 questions on pleadings and service of process alone!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: ) I was such an idiot for badly mismanaging my time on both the MPT and the MEE. :x

FutureLawyer2

New

Post by FutureLawyer2 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:14 pm

Interesting. I honestly felt that the essays and mpts were fair, not to say that I got a perfect score, but at least they seemed manageable.

The mbe seemed to have questions in very specific non expected areas. I don't remember civil pro being something with such unique pleading questions/service questions. Pleadings are generally straightforward - usually revolve around motion to dismiss...

Pseg24

New

Post by Pseg24 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:57 am

FutureLawyer2 wrote:Interesting. I honestly felt that the essays and mpts were fair, not to say that I got a perfect score, but at least they seemed manageable.

The mbe seemed to have questions in very specific non expected areas. I don't remember civil pro being something with such unique pleading questions/service questions. Pleadings are generally straightforward - usually revolve around motion to dismiss...
I agree 100%. The essays were very fair on the major issues and not extremely tricky. I was expecting a family essay/mixed with civ pro or wills/trusts or some other odd essay. I agree also with the civ pro questions being different. Usually a lot revolve around motion to dismiss... this was not the case.

FutureLawyer2

New

Post by FutureLawyer2 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:33 pm

Honestly, can't remember what the tricky civil procedure questions were except for double jeopardy coming up at leady 2 times. What others?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Smiddywesson

Bronze

Post by Smiddywesson » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:40 pm

TheJuryMustDie wrote:I just managed to convince myself that I may have failed the exam! : ( As always, my written part was criminally appalling, whilst Civil Procedures may have done me in on the MBE, which is usually my strength. (There must have been about 127 questions on pleadings and service of process alone!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: ) I was such an idiot for badly mismanaging my time on both the MPT and the MEE. :x
Your mind plays tricks on you. You remember the bad and none of the good. You should have drank so heavily after the test that you honestly can't remember the questions and succumb to doubts and look them up. I remember almost nothing, however I do remember thinking during the exam, "Wow, all that work I did in Wills is really going to come in handy when I have to retake this motherf#cker." :D

Low point of the exam: Touchpad on my laptop gliches and cursor jumps from parapraph without warning ALL DAY. It was like some nightmare dream sequence. It literally took two minutes just to cut and paste, and I had to cover it with a piece of paper as I typed. I remember laughing and thinking, "Nobody is going to believe this."

High point of the exam: Blowing off Trusts, getting cold feet on the last day and reading through my outline once. Then muching on a sandwich in my hotel room during the lunch break while reviewing Torts. I remember TEARING through the pm package of essays, and there it was, Torts. The angels were singing as I scribbled down key concepts in the margins and I stuck that essay, yeah baby. 8)

All in all, I might have passed, I might have failed. If I failed I will be a much better prepared candidate (with a new laptop)

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:38 pm

"Your mind plays tricks on you. You remember the bad and none of the good. You should have drank so heavily after the test that you honestly can't remember the questions and succumb to doubts and look them up. I remember almost nothing, however I do remember thinking during the exam, "Wow, all that work I did in Wills is really going to come in handy when I have to retake this motherf#cker." :D
/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: True that! I still can remember an awful amount of MBE questions, many ever so vividly, some just faintly. I still have nightmares about the Civ Pro questions though, they bruised my ego :shock: :shock: :shock: Last time 'round, I was 89 percentiles on Property and Constitutional Law for example, but my percentile on Civ Pro was a manifestly hapless and criminally appalling 0.9 percentile. :shock: :shock: :shock: . By God, I hope to have passed this time 'round!!!

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:45 pm

Does anyone know if BARBRI sells only certain books? Trying to decide if I should just keep these books lol.

FutureLawyer2

New

Post by FutureLawyer2 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:15 pm

Did anyone here take a pre bar review course and if yes was it helpful?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

FutureLawyer2

New

Post by FutureLawyer2 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:44 pm

I wonder if its possible that bar results will be released early? what does everyone think?

S.as.in.Snake

New

Post by S.as.in.Snake » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:18 am

Does everyone have the option of applying for the July 2019 UBE on their BOLE account? Or if it is available does that mean you didn't pass February 2019?

FutureLawyer2

New

Post by FutureLawyer2 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:52 pm

Yes, that option is always available to the best of my knowledge since each jurisdiction has its own thresh-hold score requirements so I wouldnt read into it at all.

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:01 pm

S.as.in.Snake wrote:Does everyone have the option of applying for the July 2019 UBE on their BOLE account? Or if it is available does that mean you didn't pass February 2019?
Good to know I wasn't the only one with that thought.. :D :D :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sbk06

New

Post by sbk06 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:57 pm

Hi everyone, has anybody received any other email apart from the ones from the admissions dept? I know last year before the results were released some examiners received emails with review questions based on the administration of the exam.

Thanks

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:17 pm

FutureLawyer2 wrote:Yes, that option is always available to the best of my knowledge since each jurisdiction has its own thresh-hold score requirements so I wouldnt read into it at all.
NY doesn't allow "courtesy" testing though, i.e., if you pass in NY, you can't retake in NY for the purpose of getting a higher score to use in another jurisdiction.
NY BOLE wrote:33. If I have already taken and passed the bar exam, or if I am already admitted to practice law in New York, may I take the UBE in New York?

No. Applicants must certify that that they are a bona fide applicant for admission to the bar in New York in order to sit for the bar exam in New York. Therefore, applicants who have already taken and passed a prior New York bar exam and applicants who are already admitted to practice law in New York may not sit for the UBE in New York. However, you may be able to take the UBE in another UBE jurisdiction. We suggest that you consult the eligibility rules for the other UBE jurisdictions.

FutureLawyer2

New

Post by FutureLawyer2 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:58 pm

As a follow up, does that mean that the ny bole account will not allow - in other words - not allow users to click "register for ube exam" after one has passed?

S.as.in.Snake

New

Post by S.as.in.Snake » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:24 pm

FutureLawyer2 wrote:As a follow up, does that mean that the ny bole account will not allow - in other words - not allow users to click "register for ube exam" after one has passed?

Wait is your BOLE not allowing you to register for the July UBE but you haven't been told if you passed? Or did you pass awhile ago so now you can't register for the July UBE through your NY BOLE?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

FutureLawyer2

New

Post by FutureLawyer2 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 pm

Neither. This group is for 2019 February bar exam.

S.as.in.Snake

New

Post by S.as.in.Snake » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:39 pm

FutureLawyer2 wrote:Neither. This group is for 2019 February bar exam.
That's what I thought but your question was confusing. Someone else already stated that the option is always available so I thought you were asking because of some different circumstance.

FutureLawyer2

New

Post by FutureLawyer2 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:12 am

Btw did you take the Feb 19 exam?

S.as.in.Snake

New

Post by S.as.in.Snake » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:26 am

FutureLawyer2 wrote:Btw did you take the Feb 19 exam?
Yes I did.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”