NY February 2019 Group Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
neem518

New

Re: NY February 2019 Group

Post by neem518 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:32 pm

I did the MPRE in March, 2 weeks after the NY UBE, and just got the result last week. Didn't make it to the NY cutoff of 85, my score was only 78 since I couldn't bring myself to study after coming back from Buffalo....

I can't even register for the NYLE yet since I haven't finished the NYLC (videos).

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:32 pm

neem518 wrote:Is there a way to attach a screenshots? I'm in the Third Department, and the email was sent by AD3_Admission@nycourts.gov. The letter that was attached to the email was in the letterhead of the State of New York, Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Third Judicial Department, Admissions Office.
In essence, does that mean the emails were only sent to those who passed?! Jesus Christ! :shock:

FutureLawyer2

New

Post by FutureLawyer2 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:34 pm

neem518 wrote:I did the MPRE in March, 2 weeks after the NY UBE, and just got the result last week. Didn't make it to the NY cutoff of 85, my score was only 78 since I couldn't bring myself to study after coming back from Buffalo....

I can't even register for the NYLE yet since I haven't finished the NYLC (videos).
Try entering your bole Id on this link and see what happens.

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/aronline/captcha

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:36 pm

neem518 wrote:I did the MPRE in March, 2 weeks after the NY UBE, and just got the result last week. Didn't make it to the NY cutoff of 85, my score was only 78 since I couldn't bring myself to study after coming back from Buffalo....

Then it is unlikely that you will be 'certified' to the Third Department then. As far as I know, you have to pass both the NYLE and the MPRE to be 'certified' by BOLE to any one particular Department.

S.as.in.Snake

New

Post by S.as.in.Snake » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:41 pm

FutureLawyer2 wrote:

Is this actually working for anyone? I find it hard to believe this could tell us before the board of law examiners does because surely this secret would have gotten out during previous years and this thread would have already cited those previous years. Right?

Also btw you have to click on "first registration" on the left hand pane to get to the proper menu to enter your BOLE ID.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FutureLawyer2

New

Post by FutureLawyer2 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:14 pm

Did anyone check who received letter?

pika-pika

New

Post by pika-pika » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:16 pm

I haven't received the letter - I checked the link, it showed that no record found. :?

purehope

New

Post by purehope » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:23 pm

S.as.in.Snake wrote:
FutureLawyer2 wrote:

Is this actually working for anyone? I find it hard to believe this could tell us before the board of law examiners does because surely this secret would have gotten out during previous years and this thread would have already cited those previous years. Right?

Also btw you have to click on "first registration" on the left hand pane to get to the proper menu to enter your BOLE ID.]

Not working here... I keep getting the following message: “No details were found for the BOLE ID entered. Please try again”. I haven’t received any second mail and I already passed the NYLE and MPRE...

b290

Bronze

Post by b290 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:08 pm

John--- wrote:
TheJuryMustDie wrote:
purehope wrote:Nice to know..!! But does this means that the curve to pass will be higher?
Ordinarily, yes! But bar examiners usually have something different up their sleeves, don't they?
No, the higher the mean the better.
Yep. As per the pic below, all but 3 states (DC does too) scale the written to the MBE:

So any MBE mean increase is huge.

I'd also be very surprised if nothing comes out this week. It's been how many years now of the same week in April. Next 3 days, you should have the results out.

My $.02

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

electriclemon

New

Post by electriclemon » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:41 pm

purehope wrote:
S.as.in.Snake wrote:
FutureLawyer2 wrote:

Also btw you have to click on "first registration" on the left hand pane to get to the proper menu to enter your BOLE ID.]

Not working here... I keep getting the following message: “No details were found for the BOLE ID entered. Please try again”. I haven’t received any second mail and I already passed the NYLE and MPRE...
Starting to think it legit... I accidentally entered the wrong number BOLE from my own by one digit and someone else's name came up and when I checked mine it said no data found.. oh well :oops: F*KK so excited for one second.

sg.cambs

New

Post by sg.cambs » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:11 pm

purehope wrote:
S.as.in.Snake wrote:
FutureLawyer2 wrote:

Doesn't work for me either!

FutureLawyer2

New

Post by FutureLawyer2 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:37 pm

neem518 wrote:I received an email from the Third Division barely two weeks after the bar exam, letter stated that the NYBOLE notified them I took the recent (Feb) bar exam and the email contained an attachment of the Admission Packet for the Third Division. It also stated IF I pass the bar exam and IF the NYBOLE certifies me for admission, the requirements contained in the Admission Packet will need to be complied with before I can be admitted. Last Friday, the Third Division sent another email stating the I have been certified by the NYBOLE for admission to the Third Division. Further through the email it also states that a "copy of the certification notice issued by the State Board of Law Examiners is a necessary part of [my] application package."

I have not been notified by the State Board of Law Examiners (I'm guessing this is the NYBOLE) about my certification. I have not received anything in the mail either.

Did anyone else receive this from the other admission divisions? Anyone know what it means to be "certified for admission by the NYBOLE"?
Please let us know what happens when you type in your bole Id, thanks in advance

sg.cambs

New

Post by sg.cambs » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:39 pm

Chances of results tonight? :?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CaYLaw

New

Post by CaYLaw » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:51 pm

purehope wrote:
S.as.in.Snake wrote:
FutureLawyer2 wrote:

Same situation and message. Passed both the MPRE and NYLE and I got the same message when trying.

Jbeans

New

Post by Jbeans » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:52 pm

sg.cambs wrote:
purehope wrote:
S.as.in.Snake wrote:
FutureLawyer2 wrote:

Doesn't work for me either!
Just tried and doesn't work for me either. Got a message saying "No details were found for the BOLE ID entered. Please try again."

I have passed the MPRE and NYLE under the third department.. so not receiving the second email is worrying!

LawyerLyfe

New

Post by LawyerLyfe » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:57 pm

CaYLaw wrote:
purehope wrote:
S.as.in.Snake wrote:
FutureLawyer2 wrote:

Same situation and message. Passed both the MPRE and NYLE and I got the same message when trying.
Didn't work for me. Didn't receive the Third Department second email either. BUT, I haven't yet submitted my MPRE score. Honestly, this is not worth us all freaking out and getting depressed over. We literally have 72 hours max before we just know-know. All of these things are crazy mind games that aren't helpful to the whole process.

b290

Bronze

Post by b290 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:37 pm

CaYLaw wrote:
purehope wrote:
S.as.in.Snake wrote:
FutureLawyer2 wrote:

You won't get anywhere with attorney registrations when...because you're not an attorney yet? :roll:

Also, we're talking about the same BOLE that got rid of "searchable PDFs" because word got around of how easy they were to use. That for a relatively minor (and laughably passable) NYLE. You don't think it would've eliminated this "loophole" by now? (highlights for emphasis).

Use some common sense.

My $.02

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

neem518

New

Post by neem518 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:58 pm

I thought I could get some answers here but it seems not :( Most reliable will be the email from NYBOLE on the results, seeing that no one else seems to have gotten that second email I received. Won’t be long now before the results come out, let’s all get a good night sleep for now :)

FutureLawyer2

New

Post by FutureLawyer2 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:39 pm

neem518 wrote:I thought I could get some answers here but it seems not :( Most reliable will be the email from NYBOLE on the results, seeing that no one else seems to have gotten that second email I received. Won’t be long now before the results come out, let’s all get a good night sleep for now :)
Neem518, did u check with your bole id?

JBNYC

New

Post by JBNYC » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:26 am

neem518 wrote:I thought I could get some answers here but it seems not :( Most reliable will be the email from NYBOLE on the results, seeing that no one else seems to have gotten that second email I received. Won’t be long now before the results come out, let’s all get a good night sleep for now :)
Hi Neem518, curious to know what happens when you enter your BOLE ID on this page? Fingers crossed it gives you the answer you are looking for... https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/aronline/BoleSearch

handwritingdoofus

New

Post by handwritingdoofus » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:25 am

Have no idea what you're all stressing about but honestly just don't stress. Who gives a fuck? If you have failed then just try again. If you have failed for the one hundredth time then try a different career. It is not important. You will not get anywhere in life worrying about things. None of us gets out alive

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nyboundesq

New

Post by nyboundesq » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:57 am

I think today is the day!!!

Aelocnikar

New

Post by Aelocnikar » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:04 am

What time do they usually release the results?

Pseg24

New

Post by Pseg24 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:44 am

JBNYC wrote:
Hi Neem518, curious to know what happens when you enter your BOLE ID on this page? Fingers crossed it gives you the answer you are looking for... https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/aronline/BoleSearch
I have taken the test 3 times now.... this theory has been debunked numerous times.
As well as the theory about the second email being sent out.
There is no loophole (trust me I have searched numerous times).

You have to just wait until you get the email. It will probably be released in the next 48 hours. They normally release Tues, Wed, Thurs. So I assume this week because the 30th is kind of late for such a small amount of test takers.

Good luck to all.

Pseg24

New

Post by Pseg24 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:49 am

Aelocnikar wrote:What time do they usually release the results?
I believe midday.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”