July 2019 Virginia Bar Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."

What Bar Prep Course Are You Using

BarBri
25%
Kaplan
13%
Themis
50%
Other
13%

Total votes: 8

VirginiaBarExamTutor

New

July 2019 Virginia Bar Exam

Post by VirginiaBarExamTutor » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:41 pm

Anyone here taking the Virginia exam in July? What bar review course are you using? I've worked with students who've been successful with all of them, but lately I've been hearing positive things about Kaplan. Any thoughts about your studying for the July exam?

Fox_85

New

Re: July 2019 Virginia Bar Exam

Post by Fox_85 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:46 pm

Anybody else out there? I'm taking the VA bar. Right now I'm using Themis, planning to add an extra course on Virginia specific law and essays (I am several years out of school and working full time + didn't go to school here). I'm using BarMax for MPRE.

As of today the NCBEx newly updated Study Guides are available in the shop- based on everything I've read on TLS I need to grab those.

dcls

New

Post by dcls » Tue May 28, 2019 6:25 pm

Working full time trying a swing at the VA bar exam (just took the UBE last summer and passed but got a job in VA of all places- sigh). Might be a mistake ha- but hopefully I can make it work with whatever I get my hands on. I've collected some old Themis materials, bought a used Kaplan book and am waiting on some used barbri materials to come in the mail. I'm mainly concerned about not being told tricks or how certain aspects of the VA bar exam work that I didn't deal with on the UBE, but we shall see

Virginia_Bar_Prep

New

Post by Virginia_Bar_Prep » Tue May 28, 2019 9:19 pm

dcls wrote:Working full time trying a swing at the VA bar exam (just took the UBE last summer and passed but got a job in VA of all places- sigh). Might be a mistake ha- but hopefully I can make it work with whatever I get my hands on. I've collected some old Themis materials, bought a used Kaplan book and am waiting on some used barbri materials to come in the mail. I'm mainly concerned about not being told tricks or how certain aspects of the VA bar exam work that I didn't deal with on the UBE, but we shall see

Highly recommend you practice practice practice. Take a look at old Virginia bar exams so that you are comfortable with the material and its appearance. You will also notice that question stems tend to have a pattern and repeat. The only difference may be the facts.

Best of luck as you prepare!!

https://www.virginiabarprep.com/virgini ... resources/

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”