Preparing for july 2019 CA bar exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
jirisan

New

Re: Preparing for july 2019 CA bar exam

Post by jirisan » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:42 pm

Am I the only person who is having a really hard time applying? I was locked out when I just finished the pre-registration process and am not able to log in. That happened 2 weeks ago. Ever since then I have been calling the office so many times and apparently no one can help me out? The persons who take the calls suggest me to send emails, call someone, leave voice mails etc., and I have done everything but no one is replying back to me and this is getting beyond frustrating.... :(

FinallyPassedTheBar

Bronze

Post by FinallyPassedTheBar » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:14 am

jirisan wrote:Am I the only person who is having a really hard time applying? I was locked out when I just finished the pre-registration process and am not able to log in. That happened 2 weeks ago. Ever since then I have been calling the office so many times and apparently no one can help me out? The persons who take the calls suggest me to send emails, call someone, leave voice mails etc., and I have done everything but no one is replying back to me and this is getting beyond frustrating.... :(

The timely filing deadline is this Tuesday, April 2!

jirisan

New

Post by jirisan » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:19 am

FinallyPassedTheBar wrote:
jirisan wrote:Am I the only person who is having a really hard time applying? I was locked out when I just finished the pre-registration process and am not able to log in. That happened 2 weeks ago. Ever since then I have been calling the office so many times and apparently no one can help me out? The persons who take the calls suggest me to send emails, call someone, leave voice mails etc., and I have done everything but no one is replying back to me and this is getting beyond frustrating.... :(

They responded with a lame reply yesterday that I should check my spam folder... which I have done so many times. Well I have missed the first deadline now. I suspect it is a glitch either with their system or gmail because I receive all of their emails just fine except for the password reset email (which they now say they have sent manually two separate times). So I asked them to send the password reset email to a different email address but who knows when they will reply this time. It took almost 2 weeks to get any response from them last time :cry:

Anglelaw

New

Post by Anglelaw » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:07 am

quote="jirisan"]

They responded with a lame reply yesterday that I should check my spam folder... which I have done so many times. Well I have missed the first deadline now. I suspect it is a glitch either with their system or gmail because I receive all of their emails just fine except for the password reset email (which they now say they have sent manually two separate times). So I asked them to send the password reset email to a different email address but who knows when they will reply this time. It took almost 2 weeks to get any response from them last time :cry:[/quote]

Hi there,

For login I also had hard time. I received an email from state bar that mentioned user name is your registered email. Once you login with your registered email than reset your password that's what I did and able to successfully log in.

I am not sure you able to register for july test or not but I am repeater I was having hard time to registee for july exam but I noticed once you open application file you will be able to register and complete your application by selecting edit button in bottom list.

Cali bar state really changed whole site and its more confusing at first but later gets easier as you play around.
Hope this help. Thank you

jirisan

New

Post by jirisan » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:27 pm

Anglelaw wrote:quote="jirisan"]

They responded with a lame reply yesterday that I should check my spam folder... which I have done so many times. Well I have missed the first deadline now. I suspect it is a glitch either with their system or gmail because I receive all of their emails just fine except for the password reset email (which they now say they have sent manually two separate times). So I asked them to send the password reset email to a different email address but who knows when they will reply this time. It took almost 2 weeks to get any response from them last time :cry:

Hi there,

For login I also had hard time. I received an email from state bar that mentioned user name is your registered email. Once you login with your registered email than reset your password that's what I did and able to successfully log in.

I am not sure you able to register for july test or not but I am repeater I was having hard time to registee for july exam but I noticed once you open application file you will be able to register and complete your application by selecting edit button in bottom list.

Cali bar state really changed whole site and its more confusing at first but later gets easier as you play around.
Hope this help. Thank you[/quote]

Hello there!

I made several more calls and sent more emails and finally some gentleman handled the situation (they basically had to change my registered email to a different one). It was frustrating but I am glad that now I am at least able to take the exam! And seriously, they need to figure out how to deal with their new system :roll: I just passed the bar in a different jurisdiction and now I need to tackle on the CA bar. Any advice for a newcomer? One of my friends recommended me to do BarSecrets and SmartBarPrep so that's what I've got for CA subjects. I'm also thinking of redoing Strategies & Tactics and Adaptibar which I relied mostly on for MBA.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TheRedViper

New

Post by TheRedViper » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:48 am

Is anyone else taking the Kaplan Bar Prep Course? I have mixed feelings. i have heard some bad things and also encouraging things. Any information out there from Kaplan users or future users?

Also, I intend on buying flashcards, but am not sure which ones are the best to learn from. I have heard critical pass flashcards are great. Do people buy both their MBE and MEE flashcards? Kaplan also has flashcards to buy separately. Does anyone know about that?

Thanks!

The Red Viper

Tarte714

New

Post by Tarte714 » Sat May 11, 2019 8:04 pm

jennimarcy wrote:123 days to the next bar exam!

I recommend BOTH the NCBE Study Aid Platform AND Adaptibar.

I used ADAPTIBAR for the July 2018 and February 2019 CA test administration.
My July MBE SCALED score was 1422 after I averaged only 63% on Adaptibar. I completed 1984 questions.

I’m waiting for the Feb. results release on May 17th. I averaged 73% on Adaptibar, I completed 3350 questions (I hope I never know my scaled score). I am going to purchase both Adaptibar and the NCBE, if I failed on May 18th. 123 days is not a lot of time before the next bar exam to know what is needed to pass the exam. Emerson stated in his released videos that you need to know 6000 rules to pass this exam, although others here will disagree with him and me in needing to know that much, I'm a firm believer that you need to really know the law in order to analyze it well on test day. Emerson's lectures are free online for everyone and are pretty good in explaining what the bar examiners expect in CA. So while I wait, I am currently brushing up my rule statements and using the S&T kindle version for MPQs.

If you send me your e-mail, I can forward to Adaptibar so you can receive $30 discount code.

You will receive an email from me along with a $30 discount code.
Hi! If you have an Adapitbar discount code, could you share with me? My email is Sparkyoc66@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance!

JDJM6215

New

Post by JDJM6215 » Tue May 14, 2019 1:29 pm

Tarte714 wrote:
jennimarcy wrote:123 days to the next bar exam!

I recommend BOTH the NCBE Study Aid Platform AND Adaptibar.

I used ADAPTIBAR for the July 2018 and February 2019 CA test administration.
My July MBE SCALED score was 1422 after I averaged only 63% on Adaptibar. I completed 1984 questions.

I’m waiting for the Feb. results release on May 17th. I averaged 73% on Adaptibar, I completed 3350 questions (I hope I never know my scaled score). I am going to purchase both Adaptibar and the NCBE, if I failed on May 18th. 123 days is not a lot of time before the next bar exam to know what is needed to pass the exam. Emerson stated in his released videos that you need to know 6000 rules to pass this exam, although others here will disagree with him and me in needing to know that much, I'm a firm believer that you need to really know the law in order to analyze it well on test day. Emerson's lectures are free online for everyone and are pretty good in explaining what the bar examiners expect in CA. So while I wait, I am currently brushing up my rule statements and using the S&T kindle version for MPQs.

If you send me your e-mail, I can forward to Adaptibar so you can receive $30 discount code.

You will receive an email from me along with a $30 discount code.
Hi! If you have an Adapitbar discount code, could you share with me? My email is Sparkyoc66@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance!
Adaptibar sent you the link and discount code today. So, you should have it in your email.

Pink Summer Always

New

Post by Pink Summer Always » Fri May 24, 2019 5:49 am

Hi. Can someone please tell me where I can get Cali bar exam essays that go back to before 2001? Thank you.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

barpartnerca

New

Post by barpartnerca » Sat May 25, 2019 12:18 am

Hi, You can find old CA bar exam questions here https://sites.google.com/site/easybarpasser/home

I have answers in a printed form from those years.

Also if anyone is interested in studying for California bar exam this summer in the Bay Area, let's get connected https://www.meetup.com/California-Bar-s ... r-July-19/

Pink Summer Always

New

Post by Pink Summer Always » Sun May 26, 2019 4:08 am

barpartnerca wrote:Hi, You can find old CA bar exam questions here https://sites.google.com/site/easybarpasser/home

Also if anyone is interested in studying for California bar exam this summer in the Bay Area, let's get connected https://www.meetup.com/California-Bar-s ... r-July-19/
Hi barpartnerca. Thank you for the link. Really helpful. How did you get the printed form answers? Where can I purchase the printed version? Google is not helping much here. lol.

apprentice2020

New

Post by apprentice2020 » Sun May 26, 2019 3:14 pm

barpartnerca wrote:Hi, You can find old CA bar exam questions here https://sites.google.com/site/easybarpasser/home

Thanks for sharing the links.

Law4lyf

New

Post by Law4lyf » Mon May 27, 2019 10:19 am

I used Themis + Adaptibar + Critical pass flashcards. Passed on my first attempt doing about 70% of Themis. Key is to recognize what is pulling down your scores. Mine was the MBE so I went the extra mile to get Adaptibar and Critical Pass. Adaptibar uses real MBE questions while Themis and Barbri make up a bunch of their own (plus licensing a few). I used critical pass to run through the topics I was weak at to make sure that I had a basic understanding of the law (that's all you need!). The flashcards were great and was key to me passing the bar.

[Advertisement and external link redacted]
Last edited by QContinuum on Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to redact advertisements and external links.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”