USVI Bar Exam/ In conjunction w/Florida Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
alvin4567

New

USVI Bar Exam/ In conjunction w/Florida

Post by alvin4567 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:26 pm

Hello, I am a practicing attorney. I intend to take the United States Virgin Islands ("VI") Bar Exam and the Florida Bar Exam because my state has reciprocity with neither. The VI has adopted the UBE, but Florida has not. I have a few questions:
  • Are there recommended study courses/materials for the Virgin Islands Law Component, beyond what is included on the VI Website?

I assume the study course for the UBE does not have to be state specific, since it is "uniform"?

It appears to be impossible to take the VI and Florida Bar Exams at the same time for the July 30/31, 2019 dates, since the VI gives the UBE on those dates, while Florida also gives its local part on those dates. Am I missing something?

Assuming it is impossible to take the USVI and Florida together on July 30/31, I think it is most efficient to take the UBE in the VI on July 30/31, 2019 and then take the Florida local in February 2020. Does this sound right?

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”