Just 2 Weeks Left for Memorization

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
DodgerBlues1991

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:31 am

Just 2 Weeks Left for Memorization

Postby DodgerBlues1991 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:14 am

With just a little over two weeks to go, hows everyone setting their schedule out. For me personally, I have 1 subject per day for memorization sometimes two with some of the smaller subjects for 10 days, then have 4 other days to brush up on whatever I still feel weak on. Doing a few essays, 50 mbe, and route memorization.

My personal favorite for memorization has been just going over the lean sheets and condensed outlines over and over til I have it drilled in my head, any other tips any one else might have for route memorization for the final stretch, any help will be appreciated! Thank you.

Lancair

New
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:52 am

Re: Just 2 Weeks Left for Memorization

Postby Lancair » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:02 am

I am working through the Serpac MEE Issue Spotter to test my regurgitation of the rules. Memorisation out of context doesn't work well for me.

cheeseee

Bronze
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:10 pm

Re: Just 2 Weeks Left for Memorization

Postby cheeseee » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:53 am

Not going so well for me. I just can't seem to regurgitate the rules. I'm okay on MBE but I just don't know how to spit out all the rules in the essay section :(

albanach

Gold
Posts: 1843
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: Just 2 Weeks Left for Memorization

Postby albanach » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:06 pm

DodgerBlues1991 wrote:With just a little over two weeks to go, hows everyone setting their schedule out. For me personally, I have 1 subject per day for memorization sometimes two with some of the smaller subjects for 10 days, then have 4 other days to brush up on whatever I still feel weak on. Doing a few essays, 50 mbe, and route memorization.

My personal favorite for memorization has been just going over the lean sheets and condensed outlines over and over til I have it drilled in my head, any other tips any one else might have for route memorization for the final stretch, any help will be appreciated! Thank you.


Make sure you're staying focused on most tested topics. For your state you should have a table showing each topic and how many times it's been tested in the past five-ten years. Some topics come up on every exam - make sure you have those memorized before the topic that came up once in 2007.

KPocius

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:10 pm

Re: Just 2 Weeks Left for Memorization

Postby KPocius » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:16 pm

anyone came across such information for NY? I saw JD Advising is keeping track, but it does not seem to be very conclusive.

DodgerBlues1991

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:31 am

Re: Just 2 Weeks Left for Memorization

Postby DodgerBlues1991 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:17 pm

albanach wrote:
DodgerBlues1991 wrote:With just a little over two weeks to go, hows everyone setting their schedule out. For me personally, I have 1 subject per day for memorization sometimes two with some of the smaller subjects for 10 days, then have 4 other days to brush up on whatever I still feel weak on. Doing a few essays, 50 mbe, and route memorization.

My personal favorite for memorization has been just going over the lean sheets and condensed outlines over and over til I have it drilled in my head, any other tips any one else might have for route memorization for the final stretch, any help will be appreciated! Thank you.


Make sure you're staying focused on most tested topics. For your state you should have a table showing each topic and how many times it's been tested in the past five-ten years. Some topics come up on every exam - make sure you have those memorized before the topic that came up once in 2007.



Are Dr. Sarcuzzo and Heilman predictions are a good place to start?

DodgerBlues1991

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:31 am

Re: Just 2 Weeks Left for Memorization

Postby DodgerBlues1991 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:19 pm

What I learned as a repeat taker, knowing the rules pound for pound is not the thing you need. You can spit out the rule in anyway or matter, analysis are where the points are. I for one, am trying to make sure I have a good hold of all issues that come up on a test.

albanach

Gold
Posts: 1843
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: Just 2 Weeks Left for Memorization

Postby albanach » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:02 pm

DodgerBlues1991 wrote:
Are Dr. Sarcuzzo and Heilman predictions are a good place to start?


I haven't used either, but see if anyone else has. Even if you cannot find an endorsement, it is probably worth using them if only because you don't want to be spending the time replicating stuff.

User avatar
KunAgnis

Bronze
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:41 pm

Re: Just 2 Weeks Left for Memorization

Postby KunAgnis » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:10 pm

Took and passed Illinois last year. I personally think the JD Advising predictions were pretty good (not perfect, mind you) and plan to use them to prioritize which subjects I will study first. As far as regurgitating rules goes, it really helps if you do practice essays. It makes you naturally retain information more.

pfunkera

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:01 pm

Re: Just 2 Weeks Left for Memorization

Postby pfunkera » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:09 am

for the essays; discuss each and every fact mentioned in the question. I did not know every single element or every single rule when I took the exam, but I did really well on the essays. I made sure to go through the analysis of each fact within the question. You can make up a rule if you don't know it, just don't panic because the vast majority of the people taking the test do not know every single rule. I was not able to put every single rule down but I am pretty sure I was able to spot the issues. Pass/Fail test - work through each question and be mindful of time to be sure you answer them all. Good luck everyone.



Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Biskei and 16 guests