Accidentally Sped through a NYLC video Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
simba12314

New

Accidentally Sped through a NYLC video

Post by simba12314 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:33 am

I forgot that we weren't allowed to speed through videos. I accidentally skipped one (my first and second videos were completed within 10 minutes). I was wondering if I should disclose or whether it's better just to not finish the NYLC and then just take it in the summer.

I've read all the posts on this page relevant to this topic. None answer my specific question. I don't really understand why I should disclose now rather than not submit. Can someone who has gone through the process explain it to me? My logic now is if I don't submit --> no fraudulent conduct --> no audit. This seems infinitely better than disclose --> have to fax explanation + receive mark on my record --> sit out exam --> retake the exam in the summer --> still have mark on record.

albanach

Gold

Re: Accidentally Sped through a NYLC video

Post by albanach » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:30 pm

simba12314 wrote:I forgot that we weren't allowed to speed through videos. I accidentally skipped one (my first and second videos were completed within 10 minutes). I was wondering if I should disclose or whether it's better just to not finish the NYLC and then just take it in the summer.

I've read all the posts on this page relevant to this topic. None answer my specific question. I don't really understand why I should disclose now rather than not submit. Can someone who has gone through the process explain it to me? My logic now is if I don't submit --> no fraudulent conduct --> no audit. This seems infinitely better than disclose --> have to fax explanation + receive mark on my record --> sit out exam --> retake the exam in the summer --> still have mark on record.
Can you not rewatch the video at the correct speed? If you haven't submitted, what exactly is your problem here?

landshoes

Silver

Post by landshoes » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:10 pm

if you follow instructions & call to disclose a bug that made the whole video fail to load they reset the video for you and you watc it again. FTR

simba12314

New

Post by simba12314 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:29 am

albanach wrote:
simba12314 wrote:I forgot that we weren't allowed to speed through videos. I accidentally skipped one (my first and second videos were completed within 10 minutes). I was wondering if I should disclose or whether it's better just to not finish the NYLC and then just take it in the summer.

Can you not rewatch the video at the correct speed? If you haven't submitted, what exactly is your problem here?
No, I thought the videos would reset but they didn't. There's no way to watch a video again if you already submitted it

l.ning1@wustl.edu

New

Post by l.ning1@wustl.edu » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:35 am

simba12314 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:33 am
I forgot that we weren't allowed to speed through videos. I accidentally skipped one (my first and second videos were completed within 10 minutes). I was wondering if I should disclose or whether it's better just to not finish the NYLC and then just take it in the summer.

I wonder is there any update? What's your decision and result? Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”