Disparity Between Adaptibar and PMBR Averages Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
JTIII

New

Disparity Between Adaptibar and PMBR Averages

Post by JTIII » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:57 pm

Hi all - Retaker here. I'll be sitting for the Feb New York Bar. Was hoping to get some second opinions on my numbers, as I'm seeing a fairly significant disparity between Adaptibar and PMBR.

For context, I took Kaplan for July 2018. My MBE was my weak section, so I've been drilling questions in both Adaptibar and PMBR, the latter more so for specific topics and subtopics that I found myself tripping up on. I've answered about 800 questions in PMBR with an overall average of 68%. I recently took the PMBR simulated MBE and received a 71%.

However, with over 1000 questions completed on Adaptibar, I'm at only 60% overall. I'm aware that Adaptibar is feeding me tons of civ pro questions, which is pulling down my average. (Civ pro is my weakest subject.) My general experience is that the Adaptibar questions are much more nuanced, but I've seen others on this forum say the exact opposite. Not quite sure what to make of this.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar? If any of the pros on this forum have any thoughts on this, I'd greatly appreciate your insight.

Smiddywesson

Bronze

Re: Disparity Between Adaptibar and PMBR Averages

Post by Smiddywesson » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:36 am

JTIII wrote:Hi all - Retaker here. I'll be sitting for the Feb New York Bar. Was hoping to get some second opinions on my numbers, as I'm seeing a fairly significant disparity between Adaptibar and PMBR.

For context, I took Kaplan for July 2018. My MBE was my weak section, so I've been drilling questions in both Adaptibar and PMBR, the latter more so for specific topics and subtopics that I found myself tripping up on. I've answered about 800 questions in PMBR with an overall average of 68%. I recently took the PMBR simulated MBE and received a 71%.

However, with over 1000 questions completed on Adaptibar, I'm at only 60% overall. I'm aware that Adaptibar is feeding me tons of civ pro questions, which is pulling down my average. (Civ pro is my weakest subject.) My general experience is that the Adaptibar questions are much more nuanced, but I've seen others on this forum say the exact opposite. Not quite sure what to make of this.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar? If any of the pros on this forum have any thoughts on this, I'd greatly appreciate your insight.
Hopefully, it all went well. I used Adaptibar too. It feeds you the questions you are weakest at, so the averages along the way don't matter, just your final averages on the practice tests during the last two weeks. The OPE Exams and the practice tests Adaptibar creates are evenly balanced. If you rely on the questions the adaptive software gives you, you'll be a nervous wreck. For example, and I'm not bragging, I took a year to get there, I was averaging 85% on the questions going into the last two weeks, however I got a 94% on one practice test, and a 91% on two others in the last week before show time. They really should warn you about this, it creates a lot of anxiety. On the other hand, my computer gliched on essay day and really sunk me, so I may be right back there in July unless I killed the MBE. LOL!!!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”