Adaptibar practice exams Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
JakeTappers

Bronze

Adaptibar practice exams

Post by JakeTappers » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:01 pm

Anyone care to share their scores on these and then whether pass or fail, or something like that? I’ve started on them and doing better than my overall adaptibar (75% on 2006). Just wondering if these are easy or something.

justanotheruser

Bronze

Re: Adaptibar practice exams

Post by justanotheruser » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:19 am

JakeTappers wrote:Anyone care to share their scores on these and then whether pass or fail, or something like that? I’ve started on them and doing better than my overall adaptibar (75% on 2006). Just wondering if these are easy or something.
MBEs were always a strength of mine, so the difference when I finally passed the CA bar was putting in work improving my essays/PTs.

That said, when I finally passed, I had an overall average of 80% on 1800 adaptibar questions. I think my average on the final 500-800 questions was between 84-90%. More than the scoring/average, I knew MBEs clicked for me (and the strategies I picked up in Emanuel S&T were second nature) when I began to see the questions like Neo seeing the matrix (sorry if the analogy is corny). I could see the answer choices that were there to trick me and eliminate answer choices that were a classic/common wrong answer type. I could hone in on what sub-issue they were trying to split hairs on in answering the question. Above all, it was never about learning the rules, but growing comfortable with applying them in the context of specific facts.

JTIII

New

Post by JTIII » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:38 pm

I haven't taken any of the Adaptibar practice exams, but I did recently take a PMBR PT. Like you, I scored much higher on the PMBR PT. Not too sure which data point is more illustrative of where I am currently and would be curious to hear others' thoughts on this.

JakeTappers

Bronze

Post by JakeTappers » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:17 pm

Up to 80% on the 2009 practice. Felt much harder but don't want to get false confidence. Particularly because CivPro isn't on these and those questiosn are crazy. Still looking for other scores if anyone shares.

Smiddywesson

Bronze

Post by Smiddywesson » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:18 pm

justanotheruser wrote:
JakeTappers wrote:Anyone care to share their scores on these and then whether pass or fail, or something like that? I’ve started on them and doing better than my overall adaptibar (75% on 2006). Just wondering if these are easy or something.
MBEs were always a strength of mine, so the difference when I finally passed the CA bar was putting in work improving my essays/PTs.

That said, when I finally passed, I had an overall average of 80% on 1800 adaptibar questions. I think my average on the final 500-800 questions was between 84-90%. More than the scoring/average, I knew MBEs clicked for me (and the strategies I picked up in Emanuel S&T were second nature) when I began to see the questions like Neo seeing the matrix (sorry if the analogy is corny). I could see the answer choices that were there to trick me and eliminate answer choices that were a classic/common wrong answer type. I could hone in on what sub-issue they were trying to split hairs on in answering the question. Above all, it was never about learning the rules, but growing comfortable with applying them in the context of specific facts.

I'm consistently in 84%-85% in Adaptibar with 2 weeks to go. Do you mind me asking, what was your experience with the real test versus your Adaptibar numbers?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JakeTappers

Bronze

Post by JakeTappers » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:13 pm

Would be happy to but just pretty much winged the attorneys exam last time. Didn’t do MBE. And when I took my first bar, that was years ago.

justanotheruser

Bronze

Post by justanotheruser » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:36 am

Smiddywesson wrote:
justanotheruser wrote: MBEs were always a strength of mine, so the difference when I finally passed the CA bar was putting in work improving my essays/PTs.

I'm consistently in 84%-85% in Adaptibar with 2 weeks to go. Do you mind me asking, what was your experience with the real test versus your Adaptibar numbers?
Sure. When I finally passed, I asked for a score advisory for the MBEs. According to the North Dakota report, it confirmed that I got at least 150.0 on the Feb 2018 MBEs. Although I did about as well as I was hoping for, I will say the actual MBEs *felt* much harder than older questions on Adaptibar. The real exam felt like they were asking way more nuanced questions and felt like every other question was a 50/50 situation between two answer choices. But what kept me plowing ahead was knowing I trusted in my studying process and the way I attacked questions on the MBE. Good luck!

Smiddywesson

Bronze

Post by Smiddywesson » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:22 pm

justanotheruser wrote:
Smiddywesson wrote:
justanotheruser wrote: MBEs were always a strength of mine, so the difference when I finally passed the CA bar was putting in work improving my essays/PTs.

Sure. When I finally passed, I asked for a score advisory for the MBEs. According to the North Dakota report, it confirmed that I got at least 150.0 on the Feb 2018 MBEs. Although I did about as well as I was hoping for, I will say the actual MBEs *felt* much harder than older questions on Adaptibar. The real exam felt like they were asking way more nuanced questions and felt like every other question was a 50/50 situation between two answer choices. But what kept me plowing ahead was knowing I trusted in my studying process and the way I attacked questions on the MBE. Good luck!

To be more precise, your 150 scaled score was roughly a 135 raw score. How did that compare to your Adaptibar raw score? I'm trying to get a handle on the Adaptibar numbers.

Yes, I agree with your assessment, the questions have changed. They seem to be shorter and trickier. They look a lot more similar to the four OPE tests and the two study aids, which are more recent, so that adds some confirmation it's not in our imagination. I don't know if that is good for me or bad for me, but it sure helps with eye fatigue having shorter fact patterns.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”