S.O.S. need help with analysis Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
DodgerBlues1991

New

S.O.S. need help with analysis

Post by DodgerBlues1991 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:13 pm

With under a month left til the bar, I've been noticing a trend with some of my graded essays, the grader telling me my analysis is thin, and not enough. Any helpful tips on how to expand on analysis, any help will be appreciated, thank you!

justanotheruser

Bronze

Re: S.O.S. need help with analysis

Post by justanotheruser » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:25 pm

DodgerBlues1991 wrote:With under a month left til the bar, I've been noticing a trend with some of my graded essays, the grader telling me my analysis is thin, and not enough. Any helpful tips on how to expand on analysis, any help will be appreciated, thank you!
If you're paying for the graded essays, I'd hope you're get a bit more feedback from the grader.

There's a lot of tips to consider, but one thing that helped me on essays when I finally passed was to carefully analyze line by line. I didn't gloss over anything. I would go line by line until I was sure I wrung out whatever I could in terms of analysis. And then I'd cross out that line in the fact pattern. If plausible, argue both sides for a specific fact if it appears ambiguous). Also, try to get in the habit of writing "Fact X means Y because ________" to force yourself to expand on the reasoning/analysis.

Hope that helps

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Re: S.O.S. need help with analysis

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:08 am

Once you've got your rule down it really just comes down to carefully making sure that you analyze each element of the rule. If you've done that and the analysis seems thin it's only because there wasn't a lot to analyze. Some issues have far more analysis than others! Once you've analyzed every element of a legal rule you've then put yourself in the position to draw a probable conclusion based on the analysis.

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”