How to use Barbri early start? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
beepz

New

How to use Barbri early start?

Post by beepz » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:32 am

I'm taking the July 2019 exam and haven't taken Evidence. I just looked at the Early Start program on Barbri's website and plan on trying to at least get through the Evidence material this semester since I should have plenty of free time. There are lectures posted, but all of the Barbri instructions only mention reading the short overview before doing AMP. Should it be Overview -> AMP -> Lectures? Or are we supposed to watch the videos before doing AMP?

Thanks!

mec215

New

Re: How to use Barbri early start?

Post by mec215 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:57 pm

The short overviews are high-level summaries and usually don't have enough detail to feel like you have the necessary info to do the AMP questions. Though, you do learn from your wrong answers while doing the AMP. If you haven't taken Evidence, I would suggest watching the lectures before doing the AMP.

And remember, everything that is presented during the Early Start will be repeated a million times during bar prep, so don't stress at all about your ability to answer the AMP questions . Just look at the program as a preview of what bar prep will look like.

beepz

New

Post by beepz » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:54 pm

mec215 wrote:The short overviews are high-level summaries and usually don't have enough detail to feel like you have the necessary info to do the AMP questions. Though, you do learn from your wrong answers while doing the AMP. If you haven't taken Evidence, I would suggest watching the lectures before doing the AMP.

And remember, everything that is presented during the Early Start will be repeated a million times during bar prep, so don't stress at all about your ability to answer the AMP questions . Just look at the program as a preview of what bar prep will look like.
Thanks!

Smiddywesson

Bronze

Post by Smiddywesson » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:50 am

beepz wrote:I'm taking the July 2019 exam and haven't taken Evidence. I just looked at the Early Start program on Barbri's website and plan on trying to at least get through the Evidence material this semester since I should have plenty of free time. There are lectures posted, but all of the Barbri instructions only mention reading the short overview before doing AMP. Should it be Overview -> AMP -> Lectures? Or are we supposed to watch the videos before doing AMP?

Thanks!
The lectures are very entertaining and informative. I would start by listening to them while commuting, etc. You are smart to begin early. It's a timed test, however the real time constraints factor in during preparation. Nobody takes this test without feeling unprepared and willing to sell their soul to the Devil for just one more week of preparation. Don't study anything that's not on the subject matter outline, the big review courses are notorious for wasting your time on things that are no longer tested.

PS: Evidence and CivPro are tricksy, I'd study them first. Each time you go through the materials you'll "get it" a little better. The other subjects strike me as mostly memorization. Focus on the MBE, that's the biggest hurdle and it helps with the essays.

Porkypots

Bronze

Post by Porkypots » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:10 pm

anyone have a critical pass discount code?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”