Public Interest Discounts - Bar Prep Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
DepressedWorkerBee

New

Public Interest Discounts - Bar Prep

Post by DepressedWorkerBee » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:59 pm

This has probably been asked somewhere else but I can't seem to find it - so apologies if it has!

Taking the bar exam in July 2019.
I'm applying for a lot of public interest positions and intend to take a position if I get one. Thinking about applying for a public interest discount through one or more of the bar prep companies. Was curious about the following:

1) The applications all say "you agree to inform us if you end up not taking a public interest position."
- What are the chances a company is going to actually track you down and confirm whether you took a public interest position and demand full-tuition if you end up working at a firm? Besides being a naughty consumer and trying to get the cheapest price possible - any downside to just trying to get this discount?

2) The public interest discounts usually bring the price down to below $1,500 which I think is a fair price.
- I know some people on here have suggested waiting until the last minute to try and get the lowest price - but I'd rather just sign up now and get it done with so I have something off my place to worry about. It's not like I'm going to wait until May and end up getting a course for $500 or something. With how much I've already spent on this law school Ponzi scheme - the difference between $1,400 and $1,000 is negligible. So any downside to just taking care of this now?

Thanks for any insight!!

dabigchina

Gold

Re: Public Interest Discounts - Bar Prep

Post by dabigchina » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:24 pm

DepressedWorkerBee wrote:This has probably been asked somewhere else but I can't seem to find it - so apologies if it has!

Taking the bar exam in July 2019.
I'm applying for a lot of public interest positions and intend to take a position if I get one. Thinking about applying for a public interest discount through one or more of the bar prep companies. Was curious about the following:

1) The applications all say "you agree to inform us if you end up not taking a public interest position."
- What are the chances a company is going to actually track you down and confirm whether you took a public interest position and demand full-tuition if you end up working at a firm? Besides being a naughty consumer and trying to get the cheapest price possible - any downside to just trying to get this discount?

2) The public interest discounts usually bring the price down to below $1,500 which I think is a fair price.
- I know some people on here have suggested waiting until the last minute to try and get the lowest price - but I'd rather just sign up now and get it done with so I have something off my place to worry about. It's not like I'm going to wait until May and end up getting a course for $500 or something. With how much I've already spent on this law school Ponzi scheme - the difference between $1,400 and $1,000 is negligible. So any downside to just taking care of this now?

Thanks for any insight!!
1. None
2. The lowest price you're going to get is the PI rate, so if you can get it now, go for it.

DepressedWorkerBee

New

Re: Public Interest Discounts - Bar Prep

Post by DepressedWorkerBee » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:36 am

Got it - appreciate it!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”