NY law-related employment affidavit Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
NAMLEX

New

NY law-related employment affidavit

Post by NAMLEX » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:44 am

Happy new year all.

I am a July NY bar exam candidate - my foreign legal education was approved by the board in October.

I wondered whether at least one law-related employment affidavit is required for my application or whether applications may be reviewed without a law-related employment affidavit?

The reason I ask this is because I have completed a position that could satisfy either the pro-bono requirement or the law-related employment requirement. Since it is not permissible for a single position to be documented as both I must decide what to file this position as.

I cannot find explicit instruction on whether at least one law-related employment affidavit is a formal requirement or not. If it is not then I will use the aforementioned position to satisfy the pro-bono requirement.

Any clarification on this would be much appreciated.

Cmal123

New

Re: NY law-related employment affidavit

Post by Cmal123 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:34 pm

NAMLEX wrote:Happy new year all.

I am a July NY bar exam candidate - my foreign legal education was approved by the board in October.

I wondered whether at least one law-related employment affidavit is required for my application or whether applications may be reviewed without a law-related employment affidavit?

The reason I ask this is because I have completed a position that could satisfy either the pro-bono requirement or the law-related employment requirement. Since it is not permissible for a single position to be documented as both I must decide what to file this position as.

I cannot find explicit instruction on whether at least one law-related employment affidavit is a formal requirement or not. If it is not then I will use the aforementioned position to satisfy the pro-bono requirement.

Any clarification on this would be much appreciated.
I think you would submit as the pro-bono...the instructions on the law-related employment affidavit say:

"Note to applicants applying for admission on examination: do not submit an employment affirmation for employments listed on your 50 hour pro bono compliance affidavit or listed on your pro bono scholars program completion affidavit (see instructions accompanying question 15 on the application for admission questionnaire)."

fordham_636

New

Re: NY law-related employment affidavit

Post by fordham_636 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:27 pm

For all of you out there who submitted your application in November to early January, can you please provide any updates? For those of you still waiting, when did you submit your application? For those of you who have received your interview date, can you please provide details regarding the timeline (i.e., date when you submitted your application and when you received an e-mail indicating that your application had been processed and you were given an interview date)???

I am starting to get a lot of pressure at work to get admitted already, or at least provide some concrete updates or idea of when I'll be admitted. Unfortunately, the third department isn't providing any specific information. :(

Any help, feedback, or response would be greatly appreciated.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”