When did you do your CA moral application and how long did it take to clear? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
placidstate

New

When did you do your CA moral application and how long did it take to clear?

Post by placidstate » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:14 pm

Hi TLS,

I'm having a bit of anxiety overy moral application, mainly if it will clear in time... I've heard horror stories on TLS about how long and difficult it sometimes takes to do so. I don't have anything that needs an extra declaration to explain (i.e., any bankruptcy or past record etc.), BUT I do have one abroad legal internship in a third world country. Any insight would be much appreciated, thanks so much!

dabigchina

Gold

Re: When did you do your CA moral application and how long did it take to clear?

Post by dabigchina » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:21 pm

It took 7 months for me. Mine was pretty cookie cutter. I submitted in the beginning of May and it cleared in the end of November after I passed the bar. I think they expedite people who pass the bar because I was assigned to a new analyst shortly after I passed the bar.

FinallyPassedTheBar

Bronze

Re: When did you do your CA moral application and how long did it take to clear?

Post by FinallyPassedTheBar » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:46 pm

C&F app sent in Dec 15. Approved late June of the following year. So right about 8 months for me. My app included multiple declarations.

kiwh

New

Post by kiwh » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:57 pm

Mine took 6 months 3 days and I had multiple declarations. Waiting for the swearing in packet now. Was cleared 12 days ago.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mandamus the Great

New

Post by Mandamus the Great » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:25 am

I must be squeaky clean or something. I submitted mine on October 11 and heard back On December 8th. It wasn't even two full months. I'm only 26 and have no criminal history or lawsuits against me, though. And all my references responded to the mailer right away.

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:57 pm

Mandamus the Great wrote:I must be squeaky clean or something. I submitted mine on October 11 and heard back On December 8th. It wasn't even two full months. I'm only 26 and have no criminal history or lawsuits against me, though. And all my references responded to the mailer right away.
I had a friend whose application only took 2 months to clear. But she had very little work history and she was young and had always lived with her parents in the same location. I figure her application was probably so easy it was like a mental break for the analyst.

kiwh

New

Post by kiwh » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:14 pm

Did it take the full 3-4 weeks for you guys to receive the Oath packet? I am at two weeks today from the official letter.

davisr197

New

Post by davisr197 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:20 pm

A little late to this discussion...but I took around a year and half but that was due to a misdemeanor conviction that involved moral turpitude. I had to jump through all the State's hoops, multiple times, prior to finally getting cleared after simply taking one of their Ethics classes.

Mandamus the Great

New

Post by Mandamus the Great » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:44 pm

rcharter1978 wrote:
Mandamus the Great wrote:I must be squeaky clean or something. I submitted mine on October 11 and heard back On December 8th. It wasn't even two full months. I'm only 26 and have no criminal history or lawsuits against me, though. And all my references responded to the mailer right away.
I had a friend whose application only took 2 months to clear. But she had very little work history and she was young and had always lived with her parents in the same location. I figure her application was probably so easy it was like a mental break for the analyst.
That was my same situation. Lived my with parents at one address. No arrests/convictions. I had quite a bit of work history, though. I cleared faster than anyone else I know, though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”