Doing Bar Exam for NY and FL Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
collier94

New

Doing Bar Exam for NY and FL

Post by collier94 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:28 pm

Hello,

I am about to graduate law school and have secured a job in NY. So, I will definitely be taking the NY Bar Exam (UBE route).

However, I would also like to take the FL bar exam at some point (where I am from). They don't currently use the UBE and my research seems to show they are unlikely to do so (concerns about influx of retirees).

Does anyone have any advice about how to incorporate in studying/taking the FL bar exam? I am worried about waiting too late after the NY one, since I imagine a lot of information will be good to have fresh on my mind for the FL one. Also, I am worried I will not have the time to take it once I start work in NY in September.

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Re: Doing Bar Exam for NY and FL

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:37 pm

These are the two exams I teach so I have some advice. You're correct that you shouldn't wait long after takin the UBE to take Florida. The difficult of the Florida Bar Exam is in the number of subjects that it tests and so it will be *really* helpful if you can incorporate your studying of the MBE subjects from the UBE and only have to focus on the Florida-specific subjects. It'll still be a grind, but it won't be as bad!

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

collier94

New

Post by collier94 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:05 pm

Thank you. It looks like FL's is only offered in February and July. Since the NY exam is in July, I guess I'd aim to take FL in February?

longwait

New

Post by longwait » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:41 pm

collier94 wrote:Thank you. It looks like FL's is only offered in February and July. Since the NY exam is in July, I guess I'd aim to take FL in February?
You can transfer MBE scores that are less than 2 years old to Florida. So you can do the one-day essay exam after transferring MBE from NY.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”