Are 65% of my MBE practice questions useless?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Has2pass

New

Are 65% of my MBE practice questions useless?

Postby Has2pass » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:33 pm

Stumbled across this youtube vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IIoajZaXe0

Is this thing about out of date practice questions legit?

encore1101

Silver

Re: Are 65% of my MBE practice questions useless?

Postby encore1101 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:36 pm

started watching the video. couldn't finish after noticing how often the guy bobbed his head forward.

diatribe

New

Postby diatribe » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:32 pm

Has2pass wrote:Stumbled across this youtube vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IIoajZaXe0

Yes. The law has changed since 1998. The law has also changed since 2017. His video refers to MBE questions released by NCBE. He also alleges that 65% of other bar prep companies use MBE questions that are substantively outdated. That allegation, as far as it relates to bar prep companies, is unfounded as far as the video goes (keep in mind this guy is pushing his own prep company). P.S. I would not recommend anyone watch this video. The guy's head movements are distracting and his voice is like a nonstop doppler effect of annoyance.

I'm also suspicious that OP is a shill for this head bobbing doppler. Nice first post, Has2pass

Happy studying

Nightcrawler

Bronze

Postby Nightcrawler » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:28 am

diatribe wrote:I'm also suspicious that OP is a shill for this head bobbing doppler. Nice first post, Has2pass

Lol, I see so many here. It would look way more professional if they just advertised their course in an honest, candid way. It makes you think about how they structured their course.

Nightcrawler

Bronze

Postby Nightcrawler » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:33 am

Has2pass wrote:Stumbled across this youtube vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IIoajZaXe0

No, it does not seem legit at all. A ton of people here, myself included, see a direct correlation between a higher practice score on Adaptibar (or other courses with released "outdated" questions) and their real MBE scores.

I know you are just trying to advertise your course and you didn't mean to ask seriously. I am just answering the questions so that who reads this post will make an informed choice when deciding whether to get your course or not.

Also, I understand looking engaged in the conversation while making videos but it doesn't need to look like you just did cocaine. Same thing can be said by the Jurax Bar guy lol.

anon sequitur

Silver

Postby anon sequitur » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:02 pm

They're definitely not useless. Lots of people pass using those questions. I'm sure there are some that aren't as reflective of current MBE style, but I don't really trust that Barbri questions are really much better. I passed focusing almost all my effort on MBE practice, using the same bank of questions you're using, and so have lots of people.

rcharter1978

Gold

Postby rcharter1978 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:41 pm

Thanks a lot, you all shamed him into removing the video and it sounded hilarious. I wanted to see someone maybe or maybe not on cocaine explain bar stuff. :(

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�