Texas Bar - Feb 2019 - Need Help Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Nybar2015

New

Texas Bar - Feb 2019 - Need Help

Post by Nybar2015 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:04 pm

I got my results and failed the exam. My total score was 606. I just feel terrible and really need some help. I have mentioned my scores below and would really appreciate your insights as to how to improve in all the sections. I have only been using second hand barbri books and nothing more. Is there any other material to substitute for MBE preparation and Texas Essays. I thought the barbri Texas essays material was not that great as they just copied all the sample answers instead of breaking it down. Also its my mistake that I did not do enough MBE questions and I shall really work on it this time. Passers please guide as to how you prepared for the exam. Thank you
P/E – 114.3, MPT – 123.1, MBE – 110.8, Essays – 132.9

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Re: Texas Bar - Feb 2019 - Need Help

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:34 pm

For sure spend more time working through MBE questions this time around. That isn't at all meant to imply that you made a mistake the last time, but as a repeat taker you will have built up some subject matter knowledge that you didn't have the first time around. You've got to get good at the skills associated with this test and not just stuffing knowledge in your head. And the skills only come with practice.

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

Nybar2015

New

Post by Nybar2015 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:14 pm

SilvermanBarPrep wrote:For sure spend more time working through MBE questions this time around. That isn't at all meant to imply that you made a mistake the last time, but as a repeat taker you will have built up some subject matter knowledge that you didn't have the first time around. You've got to get good at the skills associated with this test and not just stuffing knowledge in your head. And the skills only come with practice.

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

Thank you for your advice!!

Electricella

New

Post by Electricella » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:14 am

Hey! I just tagged you in another thread, where a passer shared a very detailed approach, I think it’s a good one.
Please, see the thread called http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... #p10337986
TX Feb 2019 Bar Exam

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”