So you've passed the bar. Now what? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
b290

Bronze

So you've passed the bar. Now what?

Post by b290 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:46 am

As we know on the legal career's "hamster wheel," it's all about the next step (It never ends :lol: ).

Now that you're done, what's next?

- Character and Fitness clearance?
- Swearing-in?
- Planning your practice?
- Looking for work?
- Vacation?
- Victory Lap?
- All of the above? :lol:

For C&F and swearing in info, you can find that here. For those looking for work (or planning your practice), this area's really helpful: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... m.php?f=23 . For the last bits, that's all on you :lol:

Congratulations to all of you. 8) If you didn't pass, you'll get here eventually :D

My $.02

BrandName

New

Re: So you've passed the bar. Now what?

Post by BrandName » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:29 am

I'm so thankful to be done with that nightmare. I submitted my application a few weeks ago and just paid my registration fee and mailed the certification. Hopefully there will be no issues in the character and fitness process but I'm hopeful it'll work out.

I'm currently working and looking forward to the pay raise since my student loans are quite hefty. Can't wait to actually celebrate this weekend!

JohnnieSockran

Bronze

Post by JohnnieSockran » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:32 am

BrandName wrote:I'm so thankful to be done with that nightmare. I submitted my application a few weeks ago and just paid my registration fee and mailed the certification. Hopefully there will be no issues in the character and fitness process but I'm hopeful it'll work out.

I'm currently working and looking forward to the pay raise since my student loans are quite hefty. Can't wait to actually celebrate this weekend!
Do you get a pay raise for passing the bar? Must be nice....my pay "raise" was that my income didn't go to $0 like it would have if I failed.

Cop2lawyerNYC

New

Post by Cop2lawyerNYC » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:03 pm

I still have to take the NY law Exam Dec 20. Do they then certify me after I pass? My notice said passed but not certified. Hopefully I can get admitted by January.

wendykr

New

Post by wendykr » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:37 pm

work work work unfortunately haha. No vacation or staycation planned...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”