PT LEFT BLANK ! Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
barprep1111

New

PT LEFT BLANK !

Post by barprep1111 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:14 pm

Is anyone aware of/ heard of an applicant who ran out of time and left the PT blank but still passed? Asking for a friend :roll:

estefanchanning

Bronze

Re: PT LEFT BLANK !

Post by estefanchanning » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:26 pm

I mean I guess it's theoretically possible to pass if you leave an answer blank but do really good on all the others parts.

But I'm more confused as to why it took you this long to ask this question??

Houstonttt

New

Post by Houstonttt » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:46 pm

barprep1111 wrote:Is anyone aware of/ heard of an applicant who ran out of time and left the PT blank but still passed? Asking for a friend :roll:
I have no clue, but you should at least put in something
Like I did Texas it should be a breif and was blocked out on the exam I couldnot type any thing so I forced my slef to put something I put the memo heading (stupid but better then nothing and put the two of the issue and thats it so it is almost empty but at lease I am sure at lease that will end up in scoreing 1/6 in Texas which is about 120! So will give some hope

Nightcrawler

Bronze

Post by Nightcrawler » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:54 pm

barprep1111 wrote:Is anyone aware of/ heard of an applicant who ran out of time and left the PT blank but still passed? Asking for a friend :roll:
For blank essays/PTs they give you a zero in CA. Not a 40, a ZERO. So, unless you were one of the top applicants in all the other sections you are very likely to fail.

barprep1111

New

Post by barprep1111 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:25 am

in CA they give you a zero? What if you put a couple sentences does it give you the 40?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

scard

New

Post by scard » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:48 am

In California it pretty much means you definitely fail.

Issuing the California July 17 calculator, a 0 on the PT would require 70’s on all the essays and a 180 scaled MBE(1800)

Both are extremely rare if it has even ever happened.
barprep1111 wrote:in CA they give you a zero? What if you put a couple sentences does it give you the 40?
In order to earn a grade of 40, the applicant must at least identify the subject of the question and attempt to apply the law to the facts of the question. If these criteria are not met, the answer is assigned a zero.

barprep1111

New

Post by barprep1111 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:57 am

scard wrote:In California it pretty much means you definitely fail.

Issuing the California July 17 calculator, a 0 on the PT would require 70’s on all the essays and a 180 scaled MBE(1800)

Both are extremely rare if it has even ever happened.
barprep1111 wrote:in CA they give you a zero? What if you put a couple sentences does it give you the 40?
In order to earn a grade of 40, the applicant must at least identify the subject of the question and attempt to apply the law to the facts of the question. If these criteria are not met, the answer is assigned a zero.
On the PT I remember making a proper intro replying to the appropriate authority (I believe it was a senior lawyer can't remember anymore) and identifying the task at hand. I then started another paragraph, wrote a few sentences addressing the issue then ran out of time. Hoping that gives me the 40 or i'm screwed.

mathandthelaw

New

Post by mathandthelaw » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:10 pm

I know a girl who generally did extremely well on the MBEs but she only put headings and a few sentences of analysis in her PT (unfinished analysis) and passed the bar last July.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”