New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
NotYourAvocado

New

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Post by NotYourAvocado » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:34 pm

IndoubtputC wrote:
Great45 wrote:
sammyveritas wrote:So.............everyone thinking this is happening tomorrow?????????!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :D
Tomorrow. Some time between 10:30 pm and midnight.
Or maybe Oct 31. Again, we have no way of actually knowing until the email rolls in since they don't tell us.
Don't say things like that :shock:
I prefer to be in blissful denial of that being a possibility (which it totally is)

IndoubtputC

New

Post by IndoubtputC » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:48 pm

NotYourAvocado wrote:
IndoubtputC wrote:
Great45 wrote:
sammyveritas wrote:So.............everyone thinking this is happening tomorrow?????????!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :D
Or maybe Oct 31. Again, we have no way of actually knowing until the email rolls in since they don't tell us.
I prefer to be in blissful denial of that being a possibility (which it totally is)
Oh I understand, I just don't want anyone following this thread to think tomorrow is definitely the day and then ti get freaked out if they hear nothing.

MichaelJackson

New

Post by MichaelJackson » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:01 pm

10.30pm NY time will be 1.30pm in Australia. I hope I passed. Signed up for the 9-month part time course Barbri offered to foreign Attorneys and got charged US$6,000 (included a component called introduction to US law to ease us in). I do not want to fly all the way from Australia to NY again to take this exam. Gave it my all. Practised +1500 MBE questions, wrote 40 essays and 7 MPTs. Never worked as hard as this in my life.

maroon175

Bronze

Post by maroon175 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:08 pm

TheJuryMustDie wrote:
Great45 wrote:
You guys seem to be very certain about tomorrow. Being in Europe, a midnight release would mean I have to stay up till 6am...

Or you could wake up at 6am :D

sammyveritas

New

Post by sammyveritas » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:22 pm

IndoubtputC wrote:
NotYourAvocado wrote:
IndoubtputC wrote:
Great45 wrote:
Oh I understand, I just don't want anyone following this thread to think tomorrow is definitely the day and then ti get freaked out if they hear nothing.
If you've been following this thread, we won't---at this point, I'm starting to think we are all a bunch of adrenaline junkboxes since it's been a constant build up and let down followed by another rush and another stomach drop for the last week....you're in good company... :P :shock: 8)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:03 am

maroon175 wrote:
TheJuryMustDie wrote:
Great45 wrote:
You guys seem to be very certain about tomorrow. Being in Europe, a midnight release would mean I have to stay up till 6am...

Or you could wake up at 6am :D
I wish I had such control over myself! :lol: I'd probably not sleep again until the results are out :)

lanieh05406

New

Post by lanieh05406 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:12 am

I wish I knew if it is going to happen this morning. Let the week of crippling anxiety begin...

NotYourAvocado

New

Post by NotYourAvocado » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:22 am

Geez. The results release is so close that if we go on a hunger strike now until the release, it can still be called intermittent fasting.

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:44 am

NotYourAvocado wrote:Geez. The results release is so close that if we go on a hunger strike now until the release, it can still be called intermittent fasting.
Now I'm beginning to feel it's Wednesday, just to compound my misery.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Cop2lawyerNYC

New

Post by Cop2lawyerNYC » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:06 am

Co-worker called @9:03 AM. Woman stated they don’t have a date for the release yet, but it will be soon—although “definitely not today”.
Maybe someone else can call in PM.

Pseg24

New

Post by Pseg24 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:10 am

Cop2lawyerNYC wrote:Co-worker called @9:03 AM. Woman stated they don’t have a date for the release yet, but it will be soon—although “definitely not today”.
Why do I feel like they are lying?..... I don't understand why they can't just say, "Results out Friday October 26, 2018." This whole nonsense of soon, but not soon, but maybe tomorrow, but actually next week just shows disorganization.... These are the people we want grading our tests and administrating of test sites? Yikes...

It's not like this test means much to anybody :|

NotYourAvocado

New

Post by NotYourAvocado » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:16 am

Cop2lawyerNYC wrote:Co-worker called @9:03 AM. Woman stated they don’t have a date for the release yet, but it will be soon—although “definitely not today”.
Thanks!
That doesn't really change our outlook though - emails arriving in the late PM and public release tomorrow (which is what the y probably refer to as "release") can still happen.

Ayyyarianna

New

Post by Ayyyarianna » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:35 am

Lol why do I feel like they’re saying this just so people will stop calling today?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sunnys1d3up33

New

Post by sunnys1d3up33 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:55 am

If they would simply give us a date, no one would call. I bet no one is calling OH, DC or CA because they know exactly when results are coming out. It's just ridiculous. Waiting is tough enough as it is, but we're waiting in the dark.

Pseg24

New

Post by Pseg24 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:03 am

sunnys1d3up33 wrote:If they would simply give us a date, no one would call. I bet no one is calling OH, DC or CA because they know exactly when results are coming out. It's just ridiculous. Waiting is tough enough as it is, but we're waiting in the dark.
This is my exact issue. Pick a date 100 days from the test. They have graded enough tests to know the time period required. It can obviously be done because other states have done it. Or at the least, say the week of October 22nd between 10/22 and 10/26.

I mean it's not like this is a major life changing test or anything. :|

espressounius

New

Post by espressounius » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:05 am

The lines I'll use if I failed:
- Never had it in me anyways.
- Whatever, it's just a stupid exam.

The lines I'll use if I passed:
- YES. yes. YES.

Ohnt

New

Post by Ohnt » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:10 am

Whaaaat?!! No way. :cry: last year release date was Monday October 23rd why can’t it be today Monday October 22nd? With less candidates?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BrandName

New

Post by BrandName » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:34 am

espressounius wrote:The lines I'll use if I failed:

- YES. yes. YES.

I like this.

If I fail I'll go with
- the anxiety just got to me
- moving during the bar added a lot of pressure, maybe next time

If I pass
-- fuck yes, I'm a fucking genius :lol:

Cop2lawyerNYC

New

Post by Cop2lawyerNYC » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:40 am

BrandName wrote:
espressounius wrote:The lines I'll use if I failed:

- YES. yes. YES.

I like this.

If I fail I'll go with
- the anxiety just got to me
- moving during the bar added a lot of pressure, maybe next time

If I pass
-- fuck yes, I'm a fucking genius :lol:
If I fail:
1. I had computer issues
2. I passed in (insert state with a 260 passing), which is fine by me since all I wanted was a license from any state
3. I wasn’t going take it anyway, but I figured why not.

Ohnt

New

Post by Ohnt » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:08 am

Dude! Sounds like you passed. Relax. :wink:
MichaelJackson wrote:10.30pm NY time will be 1.30pm in Australia. I hope I passed. Signed up for the 9-month part time course Barbri offered to foreign Attorneys and got charged US$6,000 (included a component called introduction to US law to ease us in). I do not want to fly all the way from Australia to NY again to take this exam. Gave it my all. Practised +1500 MBE questions, wrote 40 essays and 7 MPTs. Never worked as hard as this in my life.

sunnys1d3up33

New

Post by sunnys1d3up33 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:05 pm

Question - is it more likely than not that results will come out around 1030-midnight, whenever they come out?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tjohns28

New

Post by tjohns28 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:08 pm

I'm not sure calling again will get us anywhere. I doubt the people answering the phones at the BOLE even know the release date. I mean, it's clear that they go to pretty significant lengths to keep this process as secretive as possible. Plus, the date would definitely leak if they told all of the people answering their phones. I would guess very few people know until after the emails go out.

I would place little weight on what they say. I think it's probably still more likely than not that we find out tonight or tomorrow, especially in light of what Joe said.
Last edited by tjohns28 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IndoubtputC

New

Post by IndoubtputC » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:12 pm

sunnys1d3up33 wrote:Question - is it more likely than not that results will come out around 1030-midnight, whenever they come out?
Our Lord and Savior JoeSeperac earlier said "Lo, though ye may despair I say unto thee fret not! For through the wonders of paying attention and running sensible analysis I have a hunch it will be Monday after 5pm."

Many have interpreted these words, but none truly know the answer to your question except BOLE.

Ramis00

New

Post by Ramis00 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:37 pm

Last year I got my results at 10:53 PM. Whether or not that happens again, unknown.

Blueplanet

New

Post by Blueplanet » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:04 pm

I am not waiting on NY for results but a few friends took July 18. The home page (https://www.nybarexam.org/) info has changed:

It used to say

"(2) JULY 2018 BAR EXAMINATION

The New York Bar Examination was administered ….. Results are expected to be released in late October or early November."

Now it says "Results are expected to be released in late October."

That change happened today so nearly there....

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”