New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ma1804

New

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Post by ma1804 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:41 am

I am planning on buying Studicata's essays attack outlines. Can anyone tell me how it helped them in the MEE section of the New York bar?

Smiddywesson

Bronze

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Post by Smiddywesson » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:00 pm

ma1804 wrote:I am planning on buying Studicata's essays attack outlines. Can anyone tell me how it helped them in the MEE section of the New York bar?
NY has been a UBE state since 2016. I used Studicata outlines for another state. I used them for all subjects, but relied heavily on them for the non-MBE subjects. Quick story: I did my own frequency analysis and concluded there was a very low probability that Trusts would be on the February test. On the last day, before I traveled to the hotel, I got cold feet and read through the Studicata outline just once. On essay day, there was no Trusts in the morning, so I looked over the outline during lunch. In the pm, there was Trusts and I nailed it. There are two take-aways here, it's important to have good materials that focus on what's important, and it's better to be lucky than smart. :D

For the amount of money I spent, and the benefit I received on the test, Studicata was a very lucky and important find for me. You pretty much could pass the bar with just their outline and the NCBE learning platform coming online March 25th. Those two things force you to learn exactly what you need to know rather than to try to learn everything. The quest to learn everything has done in a lot of people. Even I fell prey to this, forgetting a lot of details I needed in Evidence because I tried to stuff in more generalized knowledge during the last week. I didn't know any better, but I'm learning.

There are only 175 scored questions. Better to know the 600 some odd rules from the NCBE platform like the back of your hand, which is EXACTLY what the NCBE recommends for the MBE (plus what Studicata offers for the essays), than to show up knowing 6000 rules pretty well. More is not better, more is an opportunity for an outlier and failure. Play it safe and focus, that's my advice.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”