New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
tjohns28

New

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Post by tjohns28 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:28 am

NotYourAvocado wrote:
kris4842 wrote:
TheJuryMustDie wrote:Btw, is anyone able to view the receipt of their last exam registration?

Mine only says label
Same - "label". Been like that for a while (noticed last week)
Also label.
That's quite interesting! When I failed last time out, I was able to view my receipt until result was released... Or so I think.
Interesting. Why would the BOLE would modify anything in these fields depending on the outcome of your exam? Is the receipt no longer available if you pass?

BrandName

New

Post by BrandName » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:30 am

sunnys1d3up33 wrote:This entire process has been extremely annoying, frustrating and everything under the sun. I think it would've been easier to deal with if there was a definitive date like other states have. I mean, to say "October 22nd" can't be that hard, right? Other states do it. Even California announced a date and time. Excuse my rant.

I agree. At least I wouldn't feel obsessed with refreshing my email constantly when results could still be weeks away.

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:36 am

tjohns28 wrote:
NotYourAvocado wrote:
kris4842 wrote:
TheJuryMustDie wrote:Btw, is anyone able to view the receipt of their last exam registration?

Mine only says label
Same - "label". Been like that for a while (noticed last week)
Also label.
That's quite interesting! When I failed last time out, I was able to view my receipt until result was released... Or so I think.
Interesting. Why would the BOLE would modify anything in these fields depending on the outcome of your exam? Is the receipt no longer available if you pass?
I don't know. I'm just hopelessly obsessed with this now. Looking for every means to get an inkling..

sunnys1d3up33

New

Post by sunnys1d3up33 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:42 am

BrandName wrote:
sunnys1d3up33 wrote:This entire process has been extremely annoying, frustrating and everything under the sun. I think it would've been easier to deal with if there was a definitive date like other states have. I mean, to say "October 22nd" can't be that hard, right? Other states do it. Even California announced a date and time. Excuse my rant.

I agree. At least I wouldn't feel obsessed with refreshing my email constantly when results could still be weeks away.

Exactly. If I knew an actual date I could just be cool because I know it won't be any sooner/later than that. Having peace of mind is invaluable in this type of situation.

mtaclic

New

Post by mtaclic » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:47 am

TheJuryMustDie wrote:That's quite interesting! When I failed last time out, I was able to view my receipt until result was released... Or so I think.
Does that mean your receipt had your name and information and then changed to say label? I’m a little confused and want to clarify.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Master1812

New

Post by Master1812 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:07 pm

mtaclic wrote:
TheJuryMustDie wrote:That's quite interesting! When I failed last time out, I was able to view my receipt until result was released... Or so I think.
Does that mean your receipt had your name and information and then changed to say label? I’m a little confused and want to clarify.

I have label as well. Don't think it means something though

sunnys1d3up33

New

Post by sunnys1d3up33 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:18 pm

Me too

Ayyyarianna

New

Post by Ayyyarianna » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:38 pm

I have label as well, but I’ve never looked at it before today

BrandName

New

Post by BrandName » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:58 pm

Mine has said label for at least the past week.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

IndoubtputC

New

Post by IndoubtputC » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:22 pm

So I know that mine had my personal info yesterday, and now it says label. I called and the lady just said to email if I wanted a receipt, I didn't ask why it did that. Also I've been following this thread, good luck everyone.

Ohnt

New

Post by Ohnt » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:02 pm

Oh my! What does all of this mean? In anguish.
IndoubtputC wrote:So I know that mine had my personal info yesterday, and now it says label. I called and the lady just said to email if I wanted a receipt, I didn't ask why it did that. Also I've been following this thread, good luck everyone.

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:07 pm

IndoubtputC wrote:So I know that mine had my personal info yesterday, and now it says label. I called and the lady just said to email if I wanted a receipt, I didn't ask why it did that. Also I've been following this thread, good luck everyone.
So why would it change for everyone at different times then? :shock:

BrandName

New

Post by BrandName » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:09 pm

TheJuryMustDie wrote:
To give us something else to obsess over. :lol:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:14 pm

BrandName wrote:
TheJuryMustDie wrote:
To give us something else to obsess over. :lol:
Very true! I just hope I still remain sane by the time results are released.

IndoubtputC

New

Post by IndoubtputC » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:14 pm

TheJuryMustDie wrote:
Maybe as results are uploaded? Maybe totally random? No way to know.
Ohnt wrote:Oh my! What does all of this mean? In anguish.
It means they need to hire a better coder. Besides that, unknown.

tjohns28

New

Post by tjohns28 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:18 pm

IndoubtputC wrote:
TheJuryMustDie wrote:
Maybe as results are uploaded? Maybe totally random? No way to know.
Ohnt wrote:Oh my! What does all of this mean? In anguish.
It means they need to hire a better coder. Besides that, unknown.
Yeah, I bet it has something to do with their super-antiquated IT.

NotYourAvocado

New

Post by NotYourAvocado » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:21 pm

IndoubtputC wrote: It means they need to hire a better coder. Besides that, unknown.
Seems like it. Especially given the mishaps over the years (a senior lawyer at my firm saw her name in an "accidentally" released pass list around 2010-2011)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Master1812

New

Post by Master1812 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:30 pm

Sombody else tried to call BOLE and ask about expected release date?

rg28706n

New

Post by rg28706n » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:33 pm

is it just me or does BOLE recently say "change of address email" closed....?

or am I losing my mind lol

OneShot2009

New

Post by OneShot2009 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:35 pm

mine says receipt. I am officially panicking.

JoeSeperac

Post by JoeSeperac » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:38 pm

NotYourAvocado wrote:
JoeSeperac wrote: On 10/17/16, the July 2016 MEE Questions and Answer Analyses were posted on NCBE's website for purchase. They were also emailed to licensees on 10/17/16. So I am 100% certain that the July 2016 MEE Questions and Answer Analyses were released on 10/17/16. Meanwhile, the J16 NY results were released on 10/28/16 (11 days later). That person just happened to check on 10/27/16 without knowing the J16 MEE Answers were posted 10 days earlier.
JoeSeperac - can you please explain this. I understand that there are two pieces of information - (1) the "sample" MEE questions posted on the NCBE website for free, and (2) the MEE questions and explanations posted in the NCBE store for purchase. Do they get posted at the same time? I got the impression that the 2016 and 2017 folks were talking about the free questions that came out same day.
Also - of course completely agree with those saying that there may be no correlation whatsoever between posting of MEE questions and emailing of results. But... if the free posting and results release already coincided twice- that might be a bit too much of a coincidence.
This is a moot point, but I believe the sample questions (which are viewable for free) are released the same day as the MEE questions and explanations (which are posted for sale). I can't say for certain because I don't track that page. It will probably be just a few more days before NY results are released. As I mentioned earlier, I predict Monday 10/22/18 after 5PM. That will be 89 days from the exam whereas last year it was 90 days. I think its doubtful you are going to find some clue as to when NY will release before you receive the pass/fail email (or read about it on here). In the past few years, I’ve researched and debunked all the of the following potential “clues:”

Release of MEE questions and answers means results wil be released

Last chance survey e-mail means results will be released soon

Address Change Request/Change of Address Request Form/Changing your NYBOLE address to find whether results have been released

Re-registering for the exam to find whether results have been released

Checking for the creation of a directory of results list page to find whether results have been released

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sg1226

New

Post by sg1226 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:39 pm

Are scores posted to the NY BOLE account page anyway? I thought it was just your email and a private results lookup.

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:40 pm

OneShot2009 wrote:mine says receipt. I am officially panicking.
So when you click on 'view receipt' what do you see?

OneShot2009

New

Post by OneShot2009 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:46 pm

TheJuryMustDie wrote:
OneShot2009 wrote:mine says receipt. I am officially panicking.
So when you click on 'view receipt' what do you see?
Ah. I understand now...it just says "label" for everything once I click. I thought people were seeing "label" instead of the literal "view receipt" button.

Thanks, (slightly) less panicky now.

NotYourAvocado

New

Post by NotYourAvocado » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:50 pm

JoeSeperac wrote:
NotYourAvocado wrote:
JoeSeperac wrote: On 10/17/16, the July 2016 MEE Questions and Answer Analyses were posted on NCBE's website for purchase. They were also emailed to licensees on 10/17/16. So I am 100% certain that the July 2016 MEE Questions and Answer Analyses were released on 10/17/16. Meanwhile, the J16 NY results were released on 10/28/16 (11 days later). That person just happened to check on 10/27/16 without knowing the J16 MEE Answers were posted 10 days earlier.
JoeSeperac - can you please explain this. I understand that there are two pieces of information - (1) the "sample" MEE questions posted on the NCBE website for free, and (2) the MEE questions and explanations posted in the NCBE store for purchase. Do they get posted at the same time? I got the impression that the 2016 and 2017 folks were talking about the free questions that came out same day.
Also - of course completely agree with those saying that there may be no correlation whatsoever between posting of MEE questions and emailing of results. But... if the free posting and results release already coincided twice- that might be a bit too much of a coincidence.
This is a moot point, but I believe the sample questions (which are viewable for free) are released the same day as the MEE questions and explanations (which are posted for sale). I can't say for certain because I don't track that page. It will probably be just a few more days before NY results are released. As I mentioned earlier, I predict Monday 10/22/18 after 5PM. That will be 89 days from the exam whereas last year it was 90 days. I think its doubtful you are going to find some clue as to when NY will release before you receive the pass/fail email (or read about it on here). In the past few years, I’ve researched and debunked all the of the following potential “clues:”

Release of MEE questions and answers means results wil be released

Last chance survey e-mail means results will be released soon

Address Change Request/Change of Address Request Form/Changing your NYBOLE address to find whether results have been released

Re-registering for the exam to find whether results have been released

Checking for the creation of a directory of results list page to find whether results have been released
Several more 18 waking hour stretches full of pointless panic. But anyway, thanks!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”