New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
tjohns28

New

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Post by tjohns28 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:18 pm

IndoubtputC wrote:
sammyveritas wrote:So if we don't get email tonight, then everybody thinking it's not happening until Monday??? This is brutal... :?
There's no guarantee it would be Monday. For all we know BOLE has decided to push back results going forward, we really don't know.
NYS BOLE: “Screw it, let’s ruin their November too.”

qds6HVzD

New

Post by qds6HVzD » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:13 am

Looks like tonight’s not the night. See you people on Monday.

ycc

New

Post by ycc » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:16 am

kris4842 wrote:What’s worse is I know the kB of the file if you fail, so I’ll probably know before I open the download...please let it be a smaller kB!
May I know the kb of the file if failed? Trying to be mentally prepared..

starkillerhg

New

Post by starkillerhg » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:03 am

Just noticed that they updated the forms in the admission packet. Here’s hoping we all get to use them. :D

BTW one of the major changes is that they require a simple affirmation for law-related employment and good moral character, instead of the notarized affidavits.

https://www.nybarexam.org/Admission/Adm ... Packet.htm

PuzzleBubble

New

Post by PuzzleBubble » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:21 am

starkillerhg wrote:Just noticed that they updated the forms in the admission packet. Here’s hoping we all get to use them. :D

BTW one of the major changes is that they require a simple affirmation for law-related employment and good moral character, instead of the notarized affidavits.

This is great! The notarized affidavit from the employers which I already left was the biggest headache. I’m from outside US, and obtaining public notary involves a lot of work to do, but I thought I have to ask them to do that for me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PuzzleBubble

New

Post by PuzzleBubble » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:23 am

PuzzleBubble wrote:
starkillerhg wrote:Just noticed that they updated the forms in the admission packet. Here’s hoping we all get to use them. :D

This is great! The notarized affidavit from the employers which I already left was the biggest headache. I’m from outside US, and obtaining public notary involves a lot of work to do, but I thought I have to ask them to do that for me.
Only if I pass of course :wink:

Ramis00

New

Post by Ramis00 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:52 am

I’m not sure why everyone is blowing off a Friday release day. It’s happened many times in the past.

New

Post by 654456 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:17 am

Does this mean they won’t accept the older forms if we got transferred to the First Department?

qds6HVzD

New

Post by qds6HVzD » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:25 am

Looks like I will be calling 2nd dept since I just got all my forms notarized last week.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sonofshaprut

New

Post by sonofshaprut » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:39 am

If anyone finds out whether the 1st department would accept the previous forms could you let us know? Does anyone know who I'd call to find out?

qds6HVzD

New

Post by qds6HVzD » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:24 am

2nd deptartment said previous forms are fine.

Great45

New

Post by Great45 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:33 am

Ramis00 wrote:I’m not sure why everyone is blowing off a Friday release day. It’s happened many times in the past.
A release this early would be unprecedented. Not banking on anything today, although I would prefer it so I could use the weekend to gather myself before the next business day (regardless of the outcome). :oops:

sonofshaprut

New

Post by sonofshaprut » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:33 am

Just called First Dep't and they said the old versions of the forms are acceptable too.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Ramis00

New

Post by Ramis00 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:55 am

Great45 wrote:
Ramis00 wrote:I’m not sure why everyone is blowing off a Friday release day. It’s happened many times in the past.
A release this early would be unprecedented. Not banking on anything today, although I would prefer it so I could use the weekend to gather myself before the next business day (regardless of the outcome). :oops:
I agree but everyone was gunning themselves up about Thursday, so I’m unsure why Thursday passing means it isn’t happening until Monday to them. I’m guessing it’s the 22nd but hoping for today.

sunnys1d3up33

New

Post by sunnys1d3up33 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:14 am

BOLE HURRY UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sunnys1d3up33

New

Post by sunnys1d3up33 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:33 am

Did anyone get the MPTs?

Ayyyarianna

New

Post by Ayyyarianna » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:37 pm

Between taking this damn test and the suspense of waiting I’ve lost a good 8 years of my life from pure stress and terror...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

NotYourAvocado

New

Post by NotYourAvocado » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:15 pm

So I guess at this point it's almost certainly going to be Monday (or later next week).
If there is one good thing about this strange waiting phase - even though effectively everything is already set, we don't know it yet, and we can enjoy the ambiguity and its unlimited possibilities. Whichever way it goes, things will be different on the other side :wink:
Last edited by NotYourAvocado on Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ohnt

New

Post by Ohnt » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:19 pm

Results could be out by 5pm/ in 3 hours... I don’t think there are any certainties now.

Also possible results could be out next Friday...
NotYourAvocado wrote:So I guess at this point it's almost certainly going to be Monday (or later next week).
If there is one thing about this strange waiting phase - even though effectively everything is already set, we don't know it yet, and we can enjoy the ambiguity and its unlimited possibilities. Whichever way it goes, things will be different on the other side :wink:

rustyburger2

Bronze

Post by rustyburger2 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:20 pm

NotYourAvocado wrote: If there is one thing about this strange waiting phase - even though effectively everything is already set, we don't know it yet, and we can enjoy the ambiguity and its unlimited possibilities. Whichever way it goes, things will be different on the other side :wink:
Schrodinger's Barrier to Entry

Ramis00

New

Post by Ramis00 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:22 pm

Ohnt wrote:Results could be out by 5pm/ in 3 hours... I don’t think there are any certainties now.

NotYourAvocado wrote:So I guess at this point it's almost certainly going to be Monday (or later next week).
If there is one thing about this strange waiting phase - even though effectively everything is already set, we don't know it yet, and we can enjoy the ambiguity and its unlimited possibilities. Whichever way it goes, things will be different on the other side :wink:

Results aren’t limited to being released by 5 PM. I’ve received past results at 10:54 PM.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Master1812

New

Post by Master1812 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:31 pm

I don't think results are coming out today and it's unlikely it will be the first week of November as well...so let's keep all our anxiety for next week!

tjohns28

New

Post by tjohns28 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:42 pm

Yikes, well my productivity next week is going to be absolutely abysmal, so hopefully we find out sooner rather than later in the week.

Ohnt

New

Post by Ohnt » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:04 pm

I don’t recall any one stating results were limited to being released only before 5 pm?

:?
Ramis00 wrote:
Ohnt wrote:Results could be out by 5pm/ in 3 hours... I don’t think there are any certainties now.

Results aren’t limited to being released by 5 PM. I’ve received past results at 10:54 PM.

Ramis00

New

Post by Ramis00 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:17 pm

Sorry. I’ve seen people on other forums assuming 5 as the absolute latest, and just figured that was what you were driving at. My apologies.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”