New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
NotYourAvocado

New

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Post by NotYourAvocado » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:14 am

I passed, you guys!! What a relief!
For those wondering, my attachment size was 23 kb in one browser and 24 in another - no idea how that works

lemongrabber

New

Post by lemongrabber » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:38 am

I passed!!!

Still hyperventilating though. I think the stress and anxiety of waiting did permanent damage.

To those who were met with a bit of bad luck, my only advice is that you should use adaptibar or esqyr (a significantly more affordable version of adaptibar), assuming you didn't before. I found Barbri to be almost entirely useless, except for their outlines and larger practice exams.

If anyone needs Barbri books, feel free to message me. I'm too lazy to mail them out but would be willing to pass them off if you come pick them up in Crown Heights.

b290

Bronze

Post by b290 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:45 am

To those who've passed, congratulations! Well done counselors! 8)

For those who didn't, feel free to message if you want to talk or vent. What matters now is what you do from here. Find out what you need to do, make a plan, and act on it. I speak from first-hand experience - you will get there.

My $.02

MBernard

Post by MBernard » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:03 am

Huge congrats to those who passed! Glad all the hard work paid off. Anyone know when the pass list will become available to the public?

BrandName

New

Post by BrandName » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:09 am

MBernard wrote:Huge congrats to those who passed! Glad all the hard work paid off. Anyone know when the pass list will become available to the public?
BOLE's press release says Wednesday October 24

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sunnys1d3up33

New

Post by sunnys1d3up33 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:14 am

Passed! What a journey. Congrats to everyone who passed, and to those who didn't - I know you will rock it in February. Not a doubt in my mind.

sammyveritas

New

Post by sammyveritas » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:55 am

sunnys1d3up33 wrote:Passed! What a journey. Congrats to everyone who passed, and to those who didn't - I know you will rock it in February. Not a doubt in my mind.
So utterly thankful that I passed, and a big congrats to all on here that passed, and to anyone who failed, you will nail it--and if anyone needs someone to study with for next round--I will help out with studying for it too!!

espressounius

New

Post by espressounius » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:26 pm

Ramis00 wrote:Congrats to all the Bar candidates who passed. Looks like I’ll be taking it again in February 2019. The good news is I’ve been improving my game every time and I’m within ten points of passing. To anyone else who, like me, didn’t pass this exam, keep your chin up, decompress, and in November or December, get back on the horse and keep at it.
I'm there with you! Missed by 6 points, but I am actually more energized than before. Best of luck.

Great45

New

Post by Great45 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:03 pm

PASSED!!!!

Scored 282! Still in shock!!! :shock:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MBernard

Post by MBernard » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:18 pm

BrandName wrote:
MBernard wrote:Huge congrats to those who passed! Glad all the hard work paid off. Anyone know when the pass list will become available to the public?
BOLE's press release says Wednesday October 24
Thanks, appreciate it!

Findedeux

Bronze

Post by Findedeux » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:19 pm

Passed.

My drivel's still got it!

adil91

Silver

Post by adil91 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:31 pm

Since we don't have to get most of the affidavit's notarized, can we just our affirmant's to email us the affidavits?

NoBladesNoBows

Silver

Post by NoBladesNoBows » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:37 pm

Anyone know when/how we see the breakdown of how we did by topic?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Cop2lawyerNYC

New

Post by Cop2lawyerNYC » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:40 pm

NoBladesNoBows wrote:Anyone know when/how we see the breakdown of how we did by topic?
You only get that if you fail. I ordered my transcript from NCBE and it contained the same exact info that was in my letter from BOLE :x

ToastMalone

New

Post by ToastMalone » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:56 pm

does anyone know where in the application packet we should place our receipt after we pay the $375 fee and register as attorneys?

the instructions say to include this receipt with our application, but doesn't list which order to put it in relative to the application questionnaire and affidavits...

mathandthelaw

New

Post by mathandthelaw » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:57 am

Congrats to all who passed.

And to those who didn't, you're attitudes are an inspiration. I've never seen such positivism and motivation. If I don't pass the CBX, I'll remember that there are some really strong, smart people who are ready to tackle it on the next try!

kris4842

Bronze

Post by kris4842 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:17 am

ToastMalone wrote:does anyone know where in the application packet we should place our receipt after we pay the $375 fee and register as attorneys?

the instructions say to include this receipt with our application, but doesn't list which order to put it in relative to the application questionnaire and affidavits...
Where does it say you must include the receipt?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mediabias

New

Post by mediabias » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:00 pm

The rules vary from department to department and jurisdiction to jurisdiction. You got this far to have your whole packet delayed due to an erroneous answer on here. Call the court. Anyways, congrats to all who passed. I didn't think I would but I did.

L_William_W

Bronze

Post by L_William_W » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:58 am

You could try Amazon

diatribe

New

Post by diatribe » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:12 am

tiffannybrown wrote:
tiffannybrown wrote:Im selling all of my barbri books from July 2018, critical pass, and an Emanuel Strategies & Tactics for the MBE: Multistate Bar Exam. The critical pass aren't even opened. Everything for $400.00 or best offer. Im in Brooklyn if you want to pick up, or I could deliver if you are close enough.
Its down to $300.00. Please come give me money for these books. I really want to get them out of here, and I need money.
Does Barbri not give you back a deposit on those prep books like the other companies do? Or are you just trying to make a profit on them?

Cmal123

New

Post by Cmal123 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:10 am

Does anyone know the correct way to indicate breaks of employment on the Law-Related Employment affidavits for the bar application?

I worked for an attorney during the summers/winter breaks throughout college and am not sure how I should tell my previous employer how to articulate this on the affidavit.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BrandName

New

Post by BrandName » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:43 am

diatribe wrote:
tiffannybrown wrote:
tiffannybrown wrote:Im selling all of my barbri books from July 2018, critical pass, and an Emanuel Strategies & Tactics for the MBE: Multistate Bar Exam. The critical pass aren't even opened. Everything for $400.00 or best offer. Im in Brooklyn if you want to pick up, or I could deliver if you are close enough.
Its down to $300.00. Please come give me money for these books. I really want to get them out of here, and I need money.
Does Barbri not give you back a deposit on those prep books like the other companies do? Or are you just trying to make a profit on them?
Barbri would return a $250 deposit if you sent your books back to them I think sometime in August but for me I kept them incase I had to retake. I got lucky someone on ebay wanted to buy them. Honestly didn't think I'd be able to sell mine but it seems to help if you offer express shipping.

peanut53

New

Post by peanut53 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:33 pm

Anyone studying for the 2019 February bar and need a study partner? I am looking for a study buddy to go to the library/study cafe together from November-January. I live in Manhattan. Please let me know!

cnk1220

Silver

Post by cnk1220 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:20 pm

If anyone is studying for the 2019 exam and is need of an outline- studicata is a good tool! use the link below for a discount code

https://studicata.samcart.com/referral/ ... IdYDNBlzq8

ubebarstudying

Bronze

Post by ubebarstudying » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:41 pm

Congratulations to all who passed!

If you did not pass, it is not the end of the world - just time to take stock, think about what worked for you study-wise and what didn't, and jump back in there. I included some motivation on my inaugural bar prep season post here: https://blockbusterblawg.com/2018/12/13/tis-the-season/ and I agree with the above poster, Studicata is great. I wrote a review for the July bar exam and am working on one that touches on new material and features they have made available. You can learn more about studicata at their site www.studicata.com or on my review at https://blockbusterblawg.com/2018/05/31 ... -discount/

NOTE: I am not affiliated with studicata professionally, nor am I enrolled in their affiliate program (i.e. I don't make money off you using the discount code on my website) but found their product very helpful and the new products they are offering have been made available to me so that I can write an updated review.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”