July 2018 - Virginia Bar Exam Results Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Virginia_Bar_Prep

New

July 2018 - Virginia Bar Exam Results

Post by Virginia_Bar_Prep » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:49 am

Virginia results are expected to be released next Friday (10/16). Here's a table of when results were released historically:

https://www.virginiabarprep.com/virgini ... ease-date/

Good luck to everyone!

Lili8

New

Re: July 2018 - Virginia Bar Exam Results

Post by Lili8 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:07 pm

The results are out: http://barexam.virginia.gov/bar/barresults.html

After spotty prep, a comic nightmare getting to the testing site, and terrible test circumstances, I'm just relieved I don't have to do this again.

haluskabrian

New

Post by haluskabrian » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:20 pm

For real.

Tip for future test-takers: DO NOT stay at the Days Inn that is adjacent to the Roanoke Civic Center. See Yelp for more info.

muteme

New

Post by muteme » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:25 pm

Lili8 wrote:The results are out: http://barexam.virginia.gov/bar/barresults.html

After spotty prep, a comic nightmare getting to the testing site, and terrible test circumstances, I'm just relieved I don't have to do this again.
So relieved too. I think I cried from relief alone.

I'm also incredibly surprised as to how few of my friends I saw on either pass list. Either this is more telling of who I hung out with, or the pass rates were not very good.

The testing conditions were so awful. They didn't have to torture us like that. I'm surprised DC results don't come in for another 3 weeks.

Oh, for future results-waiters, they were posted exactly at noon. Don't make the mistake I did and just refresh constantly from midnight on.

Lili8

New

Post by Lili8 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:45 pm

muteme wrote:
Lili8 wrote:The results are out: http://barexam.virginia.gov/bar/barresults.html

I'm also incredibly surprised as to how few of my friends I saw on either pass list. Either this is more telling of who I hung out with, or the pass rates were not very good.

The testing conditions were so awful. They didn't have to torture us like that. I'm surprised DC results don't come in for another 3 weeks.
The pass rate was better than I expected, because this was brutal. You can see the pass rates at the same link I posted (73.4% overall).

The testing conditions were terrible. Standing in pouring rain for ages then sitting an exam drenched from head to toe with AC on blast is no one's idea of a fun time. And the interminable droning on and on before and after...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sg1226

New

Post by sg1226 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:47 pm

What happened at your test site? I had a terrible experience at the Armory in NYC where there was no A/C and 2000 people and a proctor fainted mid-exam and two students got sick. :evil:

Lili8

New

Post by Lili8 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:01 pm

Mostly as described above. To get in, we had to wait in very long lines in an uncovered area while it rained heavily. Lots of us were soaked because even an umbrella was not enough protection. But they still kept the rooms so cold.

Law Dude

New

Post by Law Dude » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:54 pm

ASL pass rate embarrassing.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”