NJ Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Jdsquared87

New

Re: NJ Exam

Post by Jdsquared87 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:45 pm

cookieslaw15 wrote:In time the scores will come, until then I wait patiently with the most clenched rear end in history. :D :D . We both failed and passed until we open those results. Here's hoping I passed, after failing, by a fraction of a point. I was much more prepared for this exam, however, I felt no different (confidence wise) than I did in Feb. I'm praying to god that the fact that I studied significantly more just carries the day, irrespective of how I actually felt after the fact.

Agreed. I felt far more prepared but my confidence is shattered until I receive that pass. Good luck to you!! Hoping we both pass!!

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:52 pm

HarrisonK wrote:
Jdsquared87 wrote:
HarrisonK wrote:According to the Ocean County Judges and Clerks, scores will be released this week. They base this statement on last year’s release date. Note that more applicants sat for last year’s exam than this year. Thus, scores should be released around the same time this year as last, if not earlier.

With the above said, the website indicates November 15th as an approximate release date.

Thank you!! I saw the November date on the website as well. Was there any indication as to whether they'll be released early or later in the week?
I talked to the NJ Board of Bar Examiners today. I was told that their reviewing attorneys are still finalizing applications. The woman suggested that they plan on finishing this week. In fact, she seemed kind of confused as to why they aren't already finished. Accordingly, that leads me to believe that scores will be posted this week.

Additionally, she said that we will not be receiving emails. We will be notified ONLY via our user home page under the "system messages" section. We will be told one of three things: (1) passed and certified (meaning we passed the exam and our application has been approved); (2) passed and incomplete (meaning we passed the exam but our application is incomplete and we will be given reasonable time to cure any and all defects); or (3) failed.

I hope this helps and I wish everyone the best of luck!

Thank you Harrisonk!!! Best of luck to you as well!!

Unfortunetly, if they are still reviewing applications, its unlikely to me that they will finish this week. Fingers crossed though!

cookieslaw15

New

Post by cookieslaw15 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:56 pm

Jdsquared87 wrote:
cookieslaw15 wrote:In time the scores will come, until then I wait patiently with the most clenched rear end in history. :D :D . We both failed and passed until we open those results. Here's hoping I passed, after failing, by a fraction of a point. I was much more prepared for this exam, however, I felt no different (confidence wise) than I did in Feb. I'm praying to god that the fact that I studied significantly more just carries the day, irrespective of how I actually felt after the fact.

Agreed. I felt far more prepared but my confidence is shattered until I receive that pass. Good luck to you!! Hoping we both pass!!
JD I have a feeling you passed, I can feel it in my bones. I'm here for you my man, you got this we are going to pass and never speak of the bar again.

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:01 pm

cookieslaw15 wrote:
Jdsquared87 wrote:

JD I have a feeling you passed, I can feel it in my bones. I'm here for you my man, you got this we are going to pass and never speak of the bar again.

Same here Cookie, same here!!! We got this up, down and sideways!! :D

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:14 pm

So I also spoke with the NJ Board of Bar Examiners, and the woman I spoke with had no idea when results will be released.

I have a feeling that they are not being released this week from the conversation, just an fyi for everyone that's waiting :(

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawyered008

New

Post by lawyered008 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:30 pm

Based on last year, I am going to go with results being released this Friday around 2pm.

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:46 pm

lawyered008 wrote:Based on last year, I am going to go with results being released this Friday around 2pm.
I certainly hope so. My job is depending on it as well as my mental health! lol :(

cookieslaw15

New

Post by cookieslaw15 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:00 pm

Jdsquared87 wrote:
lawyered008 wrote:Based on last year, I am going to go with results being released this Friday around 2pm.
I certainly hope so. My job is depending on it as well as my mental health! lol :(
JD what was your score previously? If you don't mind me asking.

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:04 pm

cookieslaw15 wrote:
Jdsquared87 wrote:

My score for Feb 2018 was a 257. I missed by 9 points.

125 MBE;
133 MEE.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cookieslaw15

New

Post by cookieslaw15 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:09 pm

Jdsquared87 wrote:
cookieslaw15 wrote:
Jdsquared87 wrote:

125 MBE;
133 MEE.
Yeah thats easily in the ballpark. Most folks I've spoken to were able to shoot up 10-15 pts on the retake. I hear ya on the job though, I would very much like to stop doing these contract attorney gigs.

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:16 pm

cookieslaw15 wrote:
Jdsquared87 wrote:
cookieslaw15 wrote:
Jdsquared87 wrote:

125 MBE;
133 MEE.
Yeah thats easily in the ballpark. Most folks I've spoken to were able to shoot up 10-15 pts on the retake. I hear ya on the job though, I would very much like to stop doing these contract attorney gigs.
Absolutely. While it's obviously not the end of the world to have to wait a while longer for the results, I feel that obviously, the sooner the better. I'd rather know now whether or not I need to begin studying and looking for a new job OR whether I'll be headed to court next week! lol

cookieslaw15

New

Post by cookieslaw15 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:57 pm

Jdsquared87 wrote:
cookieslaw15 wrote:
Jdsquared87 wrote:
cookieslaw15 wrote:
Jdsquared87 wrote:

125 MBE;
133 MEE.
Absolutely. While it's obviously not the end of the world to have to wait a while longer for the results, I feel that obviously, the sooner the better. I'd rather know now whether or not I need to begin studying and looking for a new job OR whether I'll be headed to court next week! lol
If I fail again. I might seriously consider waiving into one of the 260 jurisdictions and not putting myself, and my family, through another retake process.

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:03 pm

cookieslaw15 wrote:
Jdsquared87 wrote:
cookieslaw15 wrote:
Jdsquared87 wrote:
cookieslaw15 wrote:
Jdsquared87 wrote:

125 MBE;
133 MEE.
If I fail again. I might seriously consider waiving into one of the 260 jurisdictions and not putting myself, and my family, through another retake process.
LOL I totally feel you on that. The thought of failing again is absolutely devastating. However, after 3 years of law school and 4 years of undergrad- it's not worth it to give up hope just yet. I would consider moving to a 260 state, but until then, for me, waiving in to a 260 state is just not in the cards and it looks more like I'd have to retake again. Praying that we both get that pass and will never have to worry about this again!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

HarrisonK

New

Post by HarrisonK » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:33 am

In the NY thread, Seperac posted a chart with release dates for NY scores. Over the past several years, NY consistently released scores somewhere between 90 and 93 days after the exam. I believe, historically, that NJ releases scores a week or two earlier than NY because NJ has significantly less applicants. Additionally, however distinguishable, NJ posted the February 2018 results on May 4 (64 days after the exam). Thus, I think we will see our scores sometime between 64 and 90 days after the exam. Accordingly, I believe we will get our scores tomorrow Friday October 12 (78 days--coincidentally just about the average of 64 and 90--after the exam), or at the very latest Friday October 19 (85 days after the exam).

Or, alternatively, NJ may post with absolutely no rhyme or reason merely for their sadistic pleasure of watching us worry. :roll: :shock:

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:44 am

HarrisonK wrote:In the NY thread, Seperac posted a chart with release dates for NY scores. Over the past several years, NY consistently released scores somewhere between 90 and 93 days after the exam. I believe, historically, that NJ releases scores a week or two earlier than NY because NJ has significantly less applicants. Additionally, however distinguishable, NJ posted the February 2018 results on May 4 (64 days after the exam). Thus, I think we will see our scores sometime between 64 and 90 days after the exam. Accordingly, I believe we will get our scores tomorrow Friday October 12 (78 days--coincidentally just about the average of 64 and 90--after the exam), or at the very latest Friday October 19 (85 days after the exam).

Or, alternatively, NJ may post with absolutely no rhyme or reason merely for their sadistic pleasure of watching us worry. :roll: :shock:

Again, thank you Harrisonk. I'm banking that if results are going to be released, it will be tomorrow. My stomach has been in knots for a week- I am ready to be done with all of this (by that I mean either start studying or celebrating!) and move on with my career. I'm hanging on to some small sliver of hope that they'll release them today.

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:06 pm

Hopefully 24 hours to go :(

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:00 am

UGHHH I'm hoping today is the day!!!! :(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:44 am

RESULTS ARE COMING OUT TODAY!!!!! THE ANNOUNCEMENT WAS POSTED ON THE BAR EXAMINERS WEBSITE!!!!

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:05 am

OMG I PASSED!!! I PASSED I PASSED!!!

HarrisonK

New

Post by HarrisonK » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:06 am

Jdsquared87 wrote:OMG I PASSED!!! I PASSED I PASSED!!!
Congrats! I did as well. Every state except for Alaska.

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:20 am

HarrisonK wrote:

Congrats Harrisonk!!!! This is such an incredible feeling!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

spartan_

New

Post by spartan_ » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:23 am

I PASSED!!! 286! WOOOOOO, but I am not certified, so still another hurdle lol. But the biggest hurdle is done!

cookieslaw15

New

Post by cookieslaw15 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:50 am

Jdsquared87 wrote:
HarrisonK wrote:

JD MY MAN!!!!!! I NOT ONLY PASSED I CRUSHED IT. AFTER FAILING BY LESS THAN A POINT I CRUSHED THIS THING BY OVER 30!!!!. Congratulations to all of you guys, what a long strange trip its been.

This is just the beginning guys, but we did it.

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:58 am

cookieslaw15 wrote:
Jdsquared87 wrote:
HarrisonK wrote:

JD MY MAN!!!!!! I NOT ONLY PASSED I CRUSHED IT. AFTER FAILING BY LESS THAN A POINT I CRUSHED THIS THING BY OVER 30!!!!. Congratulations to all of you guys, what a long strange trip its been.

This is just the beginning guys, but we did it.

Yes Cookies!!! That's it!! It's over!!!! I failed by 9 points and passed by a large margin as well- increased my overall score by 37 points as well!!! ahh this is so amazing!!! CONGRATS TO US ALL!!

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:49 am

spartan_ wrote:I PASSED!!! 286! WOOOOOO, but I am not certified, so still another hurdle lol. But the biggest hurdle is done!

Congrats Spartan!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”