NJ Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Jdsquared87

New

NJ Exam

Post by Jdsquared87 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:43 pm

With the score release fast approaching, the feeling of impending doom is seemingly a bit overwhelming. Having failed the February 18 exam by 9 points, I'm finding that any confidence I had following the test has long since dissapeared.

How is everyone else feeling? :(

spartan_

New

Re: NJ Exam

Post by spartan_ » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:53 pm

I feel the same way. I am a first-time taker, and I really have NO clue how I did on the MBE. Waiting around this entire time certainly has not helped. *Fingers Crossed* for the both of us!

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:37 pm

I feel legitimately sick when I think about having to check my score all over again.

The feeling of failing is something that will stay with me for the rest of my life....but, you just keep pushing. Good luck to you as well!

L_William_W

Bronze

Post by L_William_W » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:58 pm

I graduated at the bottom of the class in law school and it took me three attempts to pass the NY bar exam (February 2014, July 2014, July 2017). In fact, I was so devastated over failing that I took three years off between the second and third attempts. The only reason I even took it a third time was because they dumbed it down and made it UBE in 2016. Had they not done so then I would've just given up altogether.

You'll get it either now or eventually

cookieslaw15

New

Post by cookieslaw15 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:18 pm

I know the feeling, creeping anxiety, fear...etc. I stared at my score for a long time in disbelief. Failed Feb by a fraction of a point. However, to be honest I did not feel too different on this last MBE section, not too worried about essays, but I think it'll come down to a toss up again. MBE is far and away my weakness and, unfortunately, it's the most important section on the exam.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:41 am

cookieslaw15 wrote:I know the feeling, creeping anxiety, fear...etc. I stared at my score for a long time in disbelief. Failed Feb by a fraction of a point. However, to be honest I did not feel too different on this last MBE section, not too worried about essays, but I think it'll come down to a toss up again. MBE is far and away my weakness and, unfortunately, it's the most important section on the exam.

It is by far one of the worst feelings in the world. I fwlt totally underprepared whwn I toook the exam in February in concrast to me feeling much more confident after the essay portion in July.

MBE was my undoing in February and just like you- I have no freaking clue how I did on that.

I certainly hope I'll get to experience the joy of a passing score lol.

Does anyone know what date the scores are released?

max_p

New

Post by max_p » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:28 pm

No idea when scores are released. I literally feel sick to my stomach thinking about it. Scored a 134 on the Kaplan final and have no idea what that will translate to. I hardly slept the night before the MBE and my head was spinning when I left the exam room. And the property question on the MEE absolutely killed me (BS'd the entire essay). Some of the people in the exam room did seem woefully unprepared, but the 65 percent pass rate scares me to death.

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:29 pm

max_p wrote:No idea when scores are released. I literally feel sick to my stomach thinking about it. Scored a 134 on the Kaplan final and have no idea what that will translate to. I hardly slept the night before the MBE and my head was spinning when I left the exam room. And the property question on the MEE absolutely killed me (BS'd the entire essay). Some of the people in the exam room did seem woefully unprepared, but the 65 percent pass rate scares me to death.

I got the same on the kaplan final my secobd go around. The waiting is slow torture. Fingers crossed for all of us!!

max_p

New

Post by max_p » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:38 pm

Jdsquared87 wrote:
max_p wrote:No idea when scores are released. I literally feel sick to my stomach thinking about it. Scored a 134 on the Kaplan final and have no idea what that will translate to. I hardly slept the night before the MBE and my head was spinning when I left the exam room. And the property question on the MEE absolutely killed me (BS'd the entire essay). Some of the people in the exam room did seem woefully unprepared, but the 65 percent pass rate scares me to death.

I got the same on the kaplan final my secobd go around. The waiting is slow torture. Fingers crossed for all of us!!
Did you take Kaplan the first time? What was your final practice score then? Trying to get a gauge for what the practice score means.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:04 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
max_p wrote:
Jdsquared87 wrote:

Did you take Kaplan the first time? What was your final practice score then? Trying to get a gauge for what the practice score means.

Yes I took kaplan the first time. I scored 100/200 and 103/200 respectively on both the midterm and final the first time and a 125 mbe in February (correlating my kaplan performance in adding 20 points for scaling purposes.

If kaplan is as accurate (from my past experience they are) our present scores correlate to a scaled 135-140 mbe. Praying for this result.

max_p

New

Post by max_p » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:09 pm

I was hoping our scores would be around 145 given that Kaplan said to add 10 to 15 points (if I remember correctly). But I would be pretty happy with a 135 because then a passing score would only require a 131 on the essay portion.

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:16 pm

max_p wrote:I was hoping our scores would be around 145 given that Kaplan said to add 10 to 15 points (if I remember correctly). But I would be pretty happy with a 135 because then a passing score would only require a 131 on the essay portion.

That's right. They said 10 to 20. My math is off (long day lol) so yeah, were looking at 140 to 150.

These results just need to be posted already so I can get back to normal.

max_p

New

Post by max_p » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:18 pm

They said results will be posted in November, but last year they were released sometime around late this week/next week. I spend most of my day at work checking my email. It's awful.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:23 pm

max_p wrote:They said results will be posted in November, but last year they were released sometime around late this week/next week. I spend most of my day at work checking my email. It's awful.

Same here, I feel your pain. The lack of sleep and ability to stomach more than a few bites has really taken its toll. Its damn near crippling haha. I'll say a prayer for both of us tonight!!

spartan_

New

Post by spartan_ » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:09 am

max_p wrote:They said results will be posted in November, but last year they were released sometime around late this week/next week. I spend most of my day at work checking my email. It's awful.
I get to work and the first thing I do is Google "New Jersey July 2018 bar results". I don't want to wait anymore! But I feel sick thinking about if the scores are posted...Looks like we are all in the same boat.

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:35 am

spartan_ wrote:
I get to work and the first thing I do is Google "New Jersey July 2018 bar results". I don't want to wait anymore! But I feel sick thinking about if the scores are posted...Looks like we are all in the same boat.

According to 'Deceptively Blonde' (not sure how reliable) the July results were released on October 18th in 2016 and Octover 13th in 2017, so in reality it looks like we have another 2 weeks of this torture.

I agree that the thought of getting the results makes me queezy. At least we're all in this together!!

spartan_

New

Post by spartan_ » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:29 pm

Another mini-panic attack triggered by NJ board of bar examiners site

I see the date 10/21/18, only to see it is payment system maintenance, like seriously?? All of these October dates posted!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:05 pm

spartan_ wrote:Another mini-panic attack triggered by NJ board of bar examiners site

I see the date 10/21/18, only to see it is payment system maintenance, like seriously?? All of these October dates posted!

Haha! I did the same.exact.thing.

It literally felt like the bottom fell out, 'seriously, waiting a whole extra week?!?!'

I really don't know when they will be released. Could be next week, could be the week after. I'm praying for the latter. I don't think my digestive tract can handle much more of this! :cry:

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:03 pm

I legitimately feel like I'm dying. Very slowly. Inside.

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:15 pm

Has anyone heard anything re: a release date?

I just want to know whether they're coming this week or the next. This wait is ridiculous!

HarrisonK

New

Post by HarrisonK » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:49 am

According to the Ocean County Judges and Clerks, scores will be released this week. They base this statement on last year’s release date. Note that more applicants sat for last year’s exam than this year. Thus, scores should be released around the same time this year as last, if not earlier.

With the above said, the website indicates November 15th as an approximate release date.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:36 am

HarrisonK wrote:According to the Ocean County Judges and Clerks, scores will be released this week. They base this statement on last year’s release date. Note that more applicants sat for last year’s exam than this year. Thus, scores should be released around the same time this year as last, if not earlier.

With the above said, the website indicates November 15th as an approximate release date.

Thank you!! I saw the November date on the website as well. Was there any indication as to whether they'll be released early or later in the week?

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:31 pm

This anxiety is crazy. I wish they would just tell us already. I just want to know if I should start studying again or not.

HarrisonK

New

Post by HarrisonK » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:03 pm

Jdsquared87 wrote:
HarrisonK wrote:According to the Ocean County Judges and Clerks, scores will be released this week. They base this statement on last year’s release date. Note that more applicants sat for last year’s exam than this year. Thus, scores should be released around the same time this year as last, if not earlier.

Thank you!! I saw the November date on the website as well. Was there any indication as to whether they'll be released early or later in the week?
I talked to the NJ Board of Bar Examiners today. I was told that their reviewing attorneys are still finalizing applications. The woman suggested that they plan on finishing this week. In fact, she seemed kind of confused as to why they aren't already finished. Accordingly, that leads me to believe that scores will be posted this week.

Additionally, she said that we will not be receiving emails. We will be notified ONLY via our user home page under the "system messages" section. We will be told one of three things: (1) passed and certified (meaning we passed the exam and our application has been approved); (2) passed and incomplete (meaning we passed the exam but our application is incomplete and we will be given reasonable time to cure any and all defects); or (3) failed.

I hope this helps and I wish everyone the best of luck!

cookieslaw15

New

Post by cookieslaw15 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:06 pm

In time the scores will come, until then I wait patiently with the most clenched rear end in history. :D :D . We both failed and passed until we open those results. Here's hoping I passed, after failing, by a fraction of a point. I was much more prepared for this exam, however, I felt no different (confidence wise) than I did in Feb. I'm praying to god that the fact that I studied significantly more just carries the day, irrespective of how I actually felt after the fact.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”