Bar materials to get for studying while working full-time? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
jdpreferred4

New

Bar materials to get for studying while working full-time?

Post by jdpreferred4 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:36 pm

Since most bar courses do not become available until closer to the exam, what other materials do you recommend to start studying early? I'll be working full-time and want to start as soon as I can for the Feb bar.

pfunkera

Bronze

Re: Bar materials to get for studying while working full-time?

Post by pfunkera » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:31 am

I worked full time when I took the Feb, 18 Bar. I think I got my Barbri material in early December (online course) but I didn't start studying until the beginning of January because I took the Patent Bar exam at the end of December. It was rough, but it can be done. I took the week off before the exam to study plus many, many, many long days before that with work and studying.

I am not sure what all is available early. You could get hold of the conviser mini outline book from Barbri to start with and use adaptibar to start the MBE process.

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:22 pm

Getting a hold of a Conviser mini review would be a good way to familiarize with the material. And Strategies and Tactics for the MBE to practice applying the law that you're learning from the Conviser.

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

Findedeux

Bronze

Post by Findedeux » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:06 pm

I chose Themis because I was able to get the materials from them in March for the July bar. I'm sure they have a similar release date for February.

Just getting a handle on the material will really help because there is so much information to review.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:05 pm

Emanuel emanuel emanuel.
Im making a youtube channel recommending bar exam books which i thought was yhe best from my second bar study experience.

Emanuel saved my ass...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ladybug1989

Bronze

Post by ladybug1989 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:28 am

Sort of related. I've taken a previous bar exam but will be taking another states' bar exam in February. I still remember a lot of the material, but the new state covers law that I haven't studied before. Can anyone recommend a program that would cost no more than $600? I'll also be working full time, so I guess im mostly looking for outlines. Thanks.

Neve

Bronze

Post by Neve » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:01 pm

My running list of MBE supplements:

1) Emanuel's Strategies and Tactics for the MBE - available on Amazon. Fairly cheap book. Has good tips on approaching the MBE and contains lots of practice questions.

2) Adaptibar (http://www.adaptibar.com) - I didn't use this, but wish I had since it has received raving reviews. The only con to Adaptibar is the price.

3) Barmax MBE Questions (https://getbarmax.com/barmax-mbe-questions/ - supposedly "comparable" to Adaptibar). At only $249, it's a good price, but Adaptibar has tracking tools to individualize your MBE study and show your progress in a method that Barmax can't. But Barmax seems to be more economical than Adaptibar. You also need an iOS device to use it.

4) OPE from the MBE site to practice the most recent test questions: http://store.ncbex.org/all-online-practice-exams/. OPE it isn't the cheapest option, but these are real, recent MBE questions and not the souped up Barbri ones. Barbri questions are not representative of the modern MBE. I hear Barmax has all these OPEs included.

5) Critical Pass (http://criticalpass.refr.cc/L2L68Z5 - referral link contains a discount code for $$ off) - Great flashcards for the MBE! You can't apply the law to an MBE question, if you don't know the law. I used Critical Pass for my bar study along with the CMR from Barbri and their simulated questions (although the Barbri questions are very different than actual MBE questions). I also used Emanuel's S&T during my study period, but not as much as I should have since it's a great resource.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”