Colorado bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Gdm2018

New

Colorado bar

Post by Gdm2018 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:11 pm

I'm just curious...is there anyone whose character and fitness application been approved here? is it true that Colorado would only approve your character and fitness if you pass?

BattleoftheForms

New

Re: Colorado bar

Post by BattleoftheForms » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:07 pm

Also approved—this rumor is making the rounds but have not yet heard from anyone who failed it to possibly confirm.

SavvyLaw

New

Post by SavvyLaw » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:47 pm

I had some updated questions on mine. still processing though. i was hoping that since there was some activity maybe they knew something i did not. sorry about grammar and punctuation, on a surface pro.

busylittlebee

New

Post by busylittlebee » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:55 pm

I was recently asked for an update on my application, so I am hoping that indicates good news....right? I would hope I wouldn't be asked to update my application if it was known that I failed the bar.

That would be too cruel.

colaw12

New

Post by colaw12 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:34 am

My C&F was approved on August 17th. Hopefully that’s a good sign but I saw on another forum that people have had their C&F approved only to have failed the bar. It’s gonna be a long 2 weeks

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SavvyLaw

New

Post by SavvyLaw » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:26 am

They asked me to update mine as well. It would be cruel. Yall, basically a week.

busylittlebee

New

Post by busylittlebee » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:37 pm

I was finally approved for C&F. I was okay a few weeks ago, but I am getting so antsy as we get closer to the release date for results.

SavvyLaw

New

Post by SavvyLaw » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:25 pm

busylittlebee wrote:I was finally approved for C&F. I was okay a few weeks ago, but I am getting so antsy as we get closer to the release date for results.
Me too. So much. Half my documents say submitted and half say approved. Still not complete.

I’m beginning to feel similar to how I did the week leading up to the exam. Which was not good.

djanote

New

Post by djanote » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:52 am

About a month ago I got a message saying I had to supply extra documents for my C&F. I got an email last week saying I was cleared. Now only one more week Arghhh

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SavvyLaw

New

Post by SavvyLaw » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:29 pm

djanote wrote:About a month ago I got a message saying I had to supply extra documents for my C&F. I got an email last week saying I was cleared. Now only one more week Arghhh

I received a similar email, but it took me a bit to get the documents.

I’m just being irrational and thinking they no I failed so they aren’t processing me.

djanote

New

Post by djanote » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:29 pm

SavvyLaw wrote:
djanote wrote:About a month ago I got a message saying I had to supply extra documents for my C&F. I got an email last week saying I was cleared. Now only one more week Arghhh

I’m just being irrational and thinking they no I failed so they aren’t processing me.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. I got everything in right away (both the original application and the amendments), and always was one of the first to receive a response out of my friends. I have known people who have passed with the C&F evaluation still pending. The waiting game is the worst part.

SavvyLaw

New

Post by SavvyLaw » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:17 pm

djanote wrote:
SavvyLaw wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I got everything in right away (both the original application and the amendments), and always was one of the first to receive a response out of my friends. I have known people who have passed with the C&F evaluation still pending. The waiting game is the worst part.

I was approved today! Hopefully that is a good sign!

whitespider

Silver

Post by whitespider » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:36 pm

Good luck on Thursday everyone! Gotta imagine that the indoor rain was a good sign.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SavvyLaw

New

Post by SavvyLaw » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:34 pm

colaw12 wrote:My C&F was approved on August 17th. Hopefully that’s a good sign but I saw on another forum that people have had their C&F approved only to have failed the bar. It’s gonna be a long 2 weeks
Was that Colorado? I just read on the CO SC website that C&F is only approved upon a passing score achieved.

colaw12

New

Post by colaw12 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:50 pm

SavvyLaw wrote:
colaw12 wrote:My C&F was approved on August 17th. Hopefully that’s a good sign but I saw on another forum that people have had their C&F approved only to have failed the bar. It’s gonna be a long 2 weeks
Was that Colorado? I just read on the CO SC website that C&F is only approved upon a passing score achieved.

Yeah it was in an older CO bar thread, so hopefully that was outdated. I just found where it says they only approve upon a passing score achieved on the website! Here’s the link for anyone else who wants to read (and interpret what it means): https://www.coloradosupremecourt.us/PDF ... rocess.pdf

Second paragraph from the bottom

SavvyLaw

New

Post by SavvyLaw » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:50 pm

colaw12 wrote:
SavvyLaw wrote:

Yeah it was in an older CO bar thread, so hopefully that was outdated. I just found where it says they only approve upon a passing score achieved on the website! Here’s the link for anyone else who wants to read (and interpret what it means): https://www.coloradosupremecourt.us/PDF ... rocess.pdf

I found the same thing today! Someone on reddit mentioned it and I went and found it. Thats why I am literally freaking out atm. I read it like 10 times and had several close friends read it. And although I would like to think I am grasping at straws, its right there in black and white!!!!! So yah!

SavvyLaw

New

Post by SavvyLaw » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:50 pm

colaw12 wrote:
SavvyLaw wrote:

I found the same thing today! Someone on reddit mentioned it and I went and found it. Thats why I am literally freaking out atm. I read it like 10 times and had several close friends read it. And although I would like to think I am grasping at straws, its right there in black and white!!!!! So yah!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

busylittlebee

New

Post by busylittlebee » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:57 am

Tomorrow people!!!!! Tomorrow!

:) :( :shock: :x

So many emotions right now.

That blurb about getting C&F approved only if you pass, it's reassuring. It's straight from source.

Lawworld19

Bronze

Post by Lawworld19 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:20 pm

I am wishing you all the best of luck! Especially you colaw12!

SavvyLaw

New

Post by SavvyLaw » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:35 pm

Freaking out. Good luck everyone!!!!! :shock: :shock:

whitespider

Silver

Post by whitespider » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:32 am

Shit, I guess I really have to be a lawyer. :shock:

Congrats y'all!

Pass list here for the lazy: http://www.coloradosupremecourt.com/Fut ... 20List.pdf

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

slickwilly1998

New

Post by slickwilly1998 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:49 am

This post is for everyone in the future who takes the bar in CO. I am one of the few who did not have their character and fitness approved by the time that bar results came out. I was asked in early August for more information / to supplement a few things, but none of those documents were processed or updated.... my C&F was still pending at the time that results were posted this morning, and I still passed. My take home from all of this is: don't despair if your C&F isn't finished or completed. It doesn't mean anything. You truly never know until you know. Keep the faith and things will work out. And take everything you see on TLS / Reddit with a grain of salt. Congrats to everyone else who passed today!

colaw12

New

Post by colaw12 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:50 am

I passed!! See you all at swear in! :mrgreen:

busylittlebee

New

Post by busylittlebee » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:01 pm

Passed! :D :) :D :)

So happy! Especially since I had so much trouble sleeping last night.

naeba6

New

Post by naeba6 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:07 pm

Congrats everyone! Excited to see you all in November. In the meantime, did anyone else notice this notice on the bar exam results webpage?

NOTICE: A water leak from the ceiling during the July 2018 Colorado bar examination required the exam to be suspended for approximately 40 minutes. As a result, when the exam resumed, six minutes and 19 seconds were added to the exam clock for the multistate performance test portion of the exam. Further, the Colorado Supreme Court has determined that all examinees with a scaled score of 275 or higher shall be deemed to have passed the July 2018 Colorado bar examination, which is a deviation from the Court’s requirement of a scaled score of 276 to pass.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”