New York Law Course September 2018 Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Findedeux

Bronze

New York Law Course September 2018

Post by Findedeux » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:06 pm

Anyone else finding these videos really annoying?

I have the course materials but the questions in the videos always come from just the videos and after the Bar exam, then the MPRE, I really can't study any more for this stuff.

What are you guys doing for the videos/course?

Neilt001

Re: New York Law Course September 2018

Post by Neilt001 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:06 am

Hi there,

yes the vids are very annoying but unfortunately you gotta watch them all (I've heard the Board tracks whether you've 'skipped' through the videos, so make sure to watch them all. I don't remember much about the quizzes at the end of the videos, but they're a necessary albeit minor annoyance.

Anyway, try to pay attention as best you can to the videos. But remember that the actual NYLE is taken almost entirely from the course materials. And it's open book. So the most important thing for the NYLE isn't the videos, but being familiar with the course materials and being able to quickly navigate your way around the document during the exam. Personally (and this may not be the greatest advice) I just put on the NYLC videos in the background and only kinda paid attention :oops: .

Findedeux

Bronze

Post by Findedeux » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:14 pm

Thanks for the tip!

Calbears123

Bronze

Post by Calbears123 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:26 pm

Not paying attention to the videos and looking up the answer on the pdf has been my strategy so far.

Neilt001

Post by Neilt001 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:16 am

Calbears123 wrote:Not paying attention to the videos and looking up the answer on the pdf has been my strategy so far.
Honestly that's probably the best strategy. I was worried cause I watched the vids 8 months before doing the NYLE, meaning I didn't remember anything from them (also cause I didn't pay much attention). And there were plenty of people posting about how some NYLE questions can only be answered with video content. So that got me a little worried. But it turned out that every answer was contained in the outline, so as long as you're across the outline, you're sweet.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

okigotthis

New

Post by okigotthis » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:25 pm

Probably nothing, but I had a video speeder installed before I started the NYLC, and accidentally hit the speed-up button for a moment on a video. I caught it before it made any dent in the time -- would be a difference of a second or two. Does anyone know whether that would come up on a speed audit, and whether they'd realize that it was just a second? Would contacting them about this be total overkill? Thanks!

rbfplacid

New

Post by rbfplacid » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:33 pm

I turn on the video, surf the net, watch some TV, and answer the question when the video is over (and hope I get it right). I found a searchable pdf that someone posted on reddit (made for visually impaired students.) I retain more information reading it than listening to it, and given its a month away I'm probably not going to remember much of what I'm watching right now anyway. So I'm just going to read the review materials before the test.

snc89

New

Post by snc89 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:07 pm

I am getting increasingly frustrated because a lot of the answers to the questions at the end of the videos on the NYLC are not included in the outline. It’s literally from the mouth of the speaker. So obviously this poses a problem if you’re not paying strict attention or if you happen to miss a bit of information. Anyone else getting annoyed with this?

Findedeux

Bronze

Post by Findedeux » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:05 pm

snc89 wrote:I am getting increasingly frustrated because a lot of the answers to the questions at the end of the videos on the NYLC are not included in the outline. It’s literally from the mouth of the speaker. So obviously this poses a problem if you’re not paying strict attention or if you happen to miss a bit of information. Anyone else getting annoyed with this?
I just guessed and if I had to play it over that was fine since I wasn't watching them anyway.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Findedeux

Bronze

Post by Findedeux » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:53 pm

Has anyone actually studied for the test tomorrow?

Findedeux

Bronze

Post by Findedeux » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:02 pm

Well, that was fun.

I was surprised that I actually only finished with about a minute left.

Definitely harder than the practice questions.

Stephdeez

New

Post by Stephdeez » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:14 pm

Findedeux wrote:Well, that was fun.

I was surprised that I actually only finished with about a minute left.

Definitely harder than the practice questions.
I wish I knew about the practice questions!

It came down to the wire for me too! Way too many civ pro questions :roll:

Findedeux

Bronze

Post by Findedeux » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:28 pm

I'm surprised results came out so fast.

Nice to be done with that.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nyboundesq

New

Post by nyboundesq » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:35 pm

Findedeux wrote:I'm surprised results came out so fast.

Nice to be done with that.
likewise!! pleasantly surprised!

next...MPRE in Nov

infidelis

New

Post by infidelis » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:39 pm

rbfplacid wrote:I turn on the video, surf the net, watch some TV, and answer the question when the video is over (and hope I get it right). I found a searchable pdf that someone posted on reddit (made for visually impaired students.) I retain more information reading it than listening to it, and given its a month away I'm probably not going to remember much of what I'm watching right now anyway. So I'm just going to read the review materials before the test.
Do you still have that searchable PDF? Can't seem to find it online.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”