I just got an email from NYS BOLE re: admission requirements from this exam

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
maroon175

Bronze
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:46 pm

Re: I just got an email from NYS BOLE re: admission requirements from this exam

Postby maroon175 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:06 pm

greenbear89 wrote:"I've heard they only send this letter if you passed" is definitely not something those of us who havent received it want to hear only 2 weeks into this waiting game lol. OP are you sure about this? Can anyone else reading on here who has knowledge about how this has worked in the past give us some insight? I'm an out-of-state applicant so I guess I'd be the Third Department.


I second that. OP should be more careful before throwing out baseless information concerning bar passage. The consensus from the thread is that receipt of the letter is not any indication as to whether someone passed or failed.

frqw9201

New
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:22 am

Re: I just got an email from NYS BOLE re: admission requirements from this exam

Postby frqw9201 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:17 pm

maroon175 wrote:
greenbear89 wrote:"I've heard they only send this letter if you passed" is definitely not something those of us who havent received it want to hear only 2 weeks into this waiting game lol. OP are you sure about this? Can anyone else reading on here who has knowledge about how this has worked in the past give us some insight? I'm an out-of-state applicant so I guess I'd be the Third Department.


I second that. OP should be more careful before throwing out baseless information concerning bar passage. The consensus from the thread is that receipt of the letter is not any indication as to whether someone passed or failed.


this is TLS, almost everything people post is baseless information

if you can't handle something like this then you shouldn't be coming on this forum, you assumed the risk of reading people's bs

Iamchromes

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:37 am

Re: I just got an email from NYS BOLE re: admission requirements from this exam

Postby Iamchromes » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:15 pm

Can anybody kindly direct me to the 2019 February NY Bar prep forum or WhatsApp group? I am a foreign trained attorney. I am down to receive all ‘pdf form’ study materials e.g practice questions, MBE outline etc from generous 2018 NY bar exam finalist.

sammyveritas

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: I just got an email from NYS BOLE re: admission requirements from this exam

Postby sammyveritas » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:17 pm

I am out of state and received this email and a letter from 4th judicial department. But I think this is just auto-generated, and goes out to everyone....not thinking it is anything to get anyone's hopes up over, unless this is historically the case.

PuzzleBubble

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:02 pm

Re: I just got an email from NYS BOLE re: admission requirements from this exam

Postby PuzzleBubble » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:08 pm

Did anyone receive something like this from THIRD dept? I still haven't received one :(

User avatar
LegaleZy

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:36 pm

Re: I just got an email from NYS BOLE re: admission requirements from this exam

Postby LegaleZy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:52 pm

PuzzleBubble wrote:Did anyone receive something like this from THIRD dept? I still haven't received one :(


I believe I’m 3rd department and I haven’t received anything.

User avatar
White Dwarf

Bronze
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:54 pm

Re: I just got an email from NYS BOLE re: admission requirements from this exam

Postby White Dwarf » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:11 pm

LegaleZy wrote:
PuzzleBubble wrote:Did anyone receive something like this from THIRD dept? I still haven't received one :(


I believe I’m 3rd department and I haven’t received anything.

Same

CBlaw

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:43 am

Re: I just got an email from NYS BOLE re: admission requirements from this exam

Postby CBlaw » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:47 pm

RareExports wrote:On a related note, how do you know to which judicial department you will be assigned? And what is the significance, if any?


Bump. Im an out of stater that sat for July 2018 exam. Wanted to know this as well. When are we supposed to start the application process? Plus I have the same questions as above

User avatar
Neilt001

Moderator
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:35 pm

Re: I just got an email from NYS BOLE re: admission requirements from this exam

Postby Neilt001 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:19 am

CBlaw wrote:
RareExports wrote:On a related note, how do you know to which judicial department you will be assigned? And what is the significance, if any?


Bump. Im an out of stater that sat for July 2018 exam. Wanted to know this as well. When are we supposed to start the application process? Plus I have the same questions as above


So each department looks after different counties in the state, and each department sits in a different location and has its own application procedure. Foreign takers (and I assume out of staters?) are usually allocated to the third dept. See here: https://www.nycourts.gov/courts/appella ... ions.shtml

I think the departments will contact you according to their own procedures. For example the third dept sent me a letter after the bar (but before results came out) about next steps, etc, but of course you can visit their website as well. Hope that helps!

PuzzleBubble

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:02 pm

Re: I just got an email from NYS BOLE re: admission requirements from this exam

Postby PuzzleBubble » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:34 pm

OK, so it seems like we in the third department won't get anything like this forever. Thank you for being always nice to foreigners :|

Cmal123

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:48 am

Re: I just got an email from NYS BOLE re: admission requirements from this exam

Postby Cmal123 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:39 am

Does anyone know if any of the documents/affidavits we need to submit expire? The instructions say everything must be filed within 3 years of receiving a letter that you passed the bar.

So for instance, if i have all my law related employers fill out the required affidavit now and then (god forbid) get news that I didn't pass the July bar, the affidavits would still be good for me to submit after passing the February 2019 bar, right? Just want to make sure I'm reading it correctly so I don't make double work for myself..or my previous employers. TIA!

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: I just got an email from NYS BOLE re: admission requirements from this exam

Postby TheJuryMustDie » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:01 am

PuzzleBubble wrote:OK, so it seems like we in the third department won't get anything like this forever. Thank you for being always nice to foreigners :|


It's a bit odd the Third Department hasn't sent out application package almost a month to results being released..

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: I just got an email from NYS BOLE re: admission requirements from this exam

Postby TheJuryMustDie » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:03 am

Cmal123 wrote:Does anyone know if any of the documents/affidavits we need to submit expire? The instructions say everything must be filed within 3 years of receiving a letter that you passed the bar.

So for instance, if i have all my law related employers fill out the required affidavit now and then (god forbid) get news that I didn't pass the July bar, the affidavits would still be good for me to submit after passing the February 2019 bar, right? Just want to make sure I'm reading it correctly so I don't make double work for myself..or my previous employers. TIA!


I seem to have read somewhere that the affidavits generally have a life span of maximum of six months regardless of which departments you belong.

User avatar
EncyclopediaOrange

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:30 am

Re: I just got an email from NYS BOLE re: admission requirements from this exam

Postby EncyclopediaOrange » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:13 am

I just got one from the 3rd department... which I hope doesn't mean I will be certified to the third department. All of my forms have been completed for the first and I live in Manhattan.

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: I just got an email from NYS BOLE re: admission requirements from this exam

Postby TheJuryMustDie » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:33 am

EncyclopediaOrange wrote:I just got one from the 3rd department... which I hope doesn't mean I will be certified to the third department. All of my forms have been completed for the first and I live in Manhattan.


Got one for the 3rd Department too. I need to start putting documents together then.. Fingers crossed.

User avatar
EncyclopediaOrange

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:30 am

Re: I just got an email from NYS BOLE re: admission requirements from this exam

Postby EncyclopediaOrange » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:46 pm

EncyclopediaOrange wrote:I just got one from the 3rd department... which I hope doesn't mean I will be certified to the third department. All of my forms have been completed for the first and I live in Manhattan.


The email was sent to everyone who would have been in the 3rd department when we took the exam, it does not necessarily mean you will be certified to the 3rd department.

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: I just got an email from NYS BOLE re: admission requirements from this exam

Postby TheJuryMustDie » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:47 pm

"JULY 2018 BAR EXAMINATION

The New York Bar Examination was administered on Tuesday and Wednesday, July 24 and 25, 2018 to 9,679 candidates. The Board is in the process of grading exam papers. Results are expected to be released in late October. "

Still a long way to wait then... :( :( :( :(



Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sg.cambs and 20 guests