FL Bar - Part A Only - Prep Materials? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
PT20003

New

FL Bar - Part A Only - Prep Materials?

Post by PT20003 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:22 am

I’m taking my FL Bar (Part A only) in Feb 19. I’m transferring my MBE score from Feb 18 to FL, along with my MPRE. I need at least a 136 for Part A.

I’m looking to get some ideas on decent and inexpensive prep options for Part A only. Does anyone know of any ways to just buy the Part A / FL specific materials and questions? I don’t want to spend another 2-3k. I was thinking of emailing Barbri to see if I can negotiate something. I’m in public service so a full price Barbri course isn’t an option and work won’t pay for it.

I took my WA bar this Feb and did very well on the UBE. I used Themis (not a fan) along with Adaptibar. I have my outlines and the such for the UBE but they are useless for Part A.

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Re: FL Bar - Part A Only - Prep Materials?

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:58 am

I think you've got the right idea--reach out to the major companies--Barbri, Themis, Kaplan. I do know that this is becoming more common and I believe the companies have realized there is now a market for selling part A only material.

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

Lramirez

New

Post by Lramirez » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:03 pm

I just did this exact thing for the July bar. I transferred my MBE score and only sat for day one of Florida. I reached out to Barbri, and I was able to secure a deal. However, if I were to do it again, I would not have wasted that money. Florida posts all their essays online. I would order a Barbri book (mini conviser) as well as their practice book offline. I would recommend reading the conviser to get a basis for each topic and then write out essay after essay. Since you are transferring within 25 months of taking your last bar, you will be surprised at how much you remember. I also worked full time so just know it is manageable. Best of luck!

FLBAR0718

New

Post by FLBAR0718 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:13 am

I only took part A but I ended up studying for most of it again (aside from like federal civ pro and federal crim law/procedure).

In hindsight I wish I had taken the entire exam so I wouldn’t have to rely only on my Florida score.

If I pass, I can just give you my Themis books, though. I’ll have no use for them

MrWhitman

New

Post by MrWhitman » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:34 pm

Lramirez wrote:I just did this exact thing for the July bar. I transferred my MBE score and only sat for day one of Florida. I reached out to Barbri, and I was able to secure a deal. However, if I were to do it again, I would not have wasted that money. Florida posts all their essays online. I would order a Barbri book (mini conviser) as well as their practice book offline. I would recommend reading the conviser to get a basis for each topic and then write out essay after essay. Since you are transferring within 25 months of taking your last bar, you will be surprised at how much you remember. I also worked full time so just know it is manageable. Best of luck!
I'm taking Part A in February. I'd love to know how much time you think you need to study for this exam. I did well on my first bar exam in NY but I studied extremely hard for the full recommended time and did all of BARBRI.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”