Anyone use Bar Breaker by Jeff Adachi? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
carcollector

New

Anyone use Bar Breaker by Jeff Adachi?

Post by carcollector » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:49 pm

I want to know what people think about this supplement. Thanks!

FinallyPassedTheBar

Bronze

Re: Anyone use Bar Breaker by Jeff Adachi?

Post by FinallyPassedTheBar » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:46 pm

carcollector wrote:I want to know what people think about this supplement. Thanks!

I had Adachi's book. Personally, I found it a bit too complicated for me to put into motion when writing essays. I am hardheaded though and pretty much set in my ways in regards to essay writing.. The book is good if you can follow his strategy.

carcollector

New

Post by carcollector » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:23 am

FinallyPassedTheBar wrote:
carcollector wrote:I want to know what people think about this supplement. Thanks!

I had Adachi's book. Personally, I found it a bit too complicated for me to put into motion when writing essays. I am hardheaded though and pretty much set in my ways in regards to essay writing.. The book is good if you can follow his strategy.
I'm assuming you already passed the exam ... Do you mind sharing your study strategy? Thanks!

FinallyPassedTheBar

Bronze

Post by FinallyPassedTheBar » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:46 am

carcollector wrote:

I'm assuming you already passed the exam ... Do you mind sharing your study strategy? Thanks!

Basically, I came to accept that I hit a ceiling with my essay performance. I could never consistently score a 65. Once, I even scored a 150 on the MBE but still failed (when the CBX was still a 3day test). So instead, I focused the majority of my study on the MBE. I used Adapitbar exclusively for my MBE review. That's when I finally passed. I also attribute my exam success to the CA bar increasing the weight of the MBE score to 50% (they previously weighted it only around 36%). I estimate I got around 160 on the July 2017 exam, just based on my Adaptibar performance.

carcollector

New

Post by carcollector » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:19 am

carcollector wrote:

Basically, I came to accept that I hit a ceiling with my essay performance. I could never consistently score a 65. Once, I even scored a 150 on the MBE but still failed (when the CBX was still a 3day test). So instead, I focused the majority of my study on the MBE. I used Adapitbar exclusively for my MBE review. That's when I finally passed. I also attribute my exam success to the CA bar increasing the weight of the MBE score to 50% (they previously weighted it only around 36%). I estimate I got around 160 on the July 2017 exam, just based on my Adaptibar performance.
Wow. Congrats! Must be frustrating killing the MBE and still not being enough. Can you go into how exactly you used AdaptiBar? Like how how many a day, how did you review, did you make flashcards? Thanks! I really appreciate the info.

FinallyPassedTheBar

Bronze

Post by FinallyPassedTheBar » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:38 pm

carcollector wrote: Wow. Congrats! Must be frustrating killing the MBE and still not being enough. Can you go into how exactly you used AdaptiBar? Like how how many a day, how did you review, did you make flashcards? Thanks! I really appreciate the info.

Thank you very much. This was my 7-day/week bar review schedule from mid May until the exam in late July. I only missed two days of review because I fell ill in mid June. All the time periods are approximate. Some days I would do a longer, or shorter, study period just depending on my daily performance and how comfortable I felt with the material. I did not use flash cards. I did invent my own mnemonics though to memorize rule statements. I also used BarEssays.com to help my essay review.

9am: Answer approx 30 mixed MBE questions cold, no BLL review before hand. Strict 1.5 minute time limit. Review each answer and all explanations immediately after each question.

12:15pm - 12:45pm: lunch

12:45pm - 2:30pm: Review MBE topics and sub topics using Barbri's Convisor mini-review

2;45pm to 5:00pm: Review CA essays and write or outline one essay. On many days, my essay looked like a skeletal outline because I did not know what to write.

6pm to 10pm: answer around 15 to 20 mixed MBE questions. Strict 1.5 minute time limit. Review all answers immediately after each question. Also, re-review the MBE questions I did in the morning.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”