#Walkaway from the bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
EIWIsMyFetish

New

#Walkaway from the bar

Post by EIWIsMyFetish » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:44 am

:D

alright guys. we can spend our next three months killing ourselves over which questions out of the TWO HUNDRED (some of which aren't even graded) we got wrong, which issues we missed on the MEE (who even knows) and what we missed for the MPTs

or we can have X months (depending on jxn) of freedom.

So this is me officially joining the #walkaway movement. see you in the results thread.

join me.

dabigchina

Gold

Re: #Walkaway from the bar

Post by dabigchina » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:18 pm

Second.

100% completion with themis. barely got any sleep the night before MBEs. pretty sure I substantially underperformed given how much I prepared.

Still, fuck it. Nothing any of us can do now. I'm going to go work out and play some video games.

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:34 pm

96% completion with Themis.
MBE was brutal.

On the bright side, I know which hotel to stay in for February.

dabigchina

Gold

Post by dabigchina » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:57 pm

unsweetened wrote: On the bright side, I know which hotel to stay in for February.
This is underrated IMO

Findedeux

Bronze

Post by Findedeux » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:12 pm

Except if we failed then we probably want to study enough to retain the info so we have seven months till the next bar exam

I'm pretty sure I bombed the written (haven't done writing in 10 years) so hopefully mbe will save the day

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dabigchina

Gold

Post by dabigchina » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:14 pm

Findedeux wrote:Except if we failed then we probably want to study enough to retain the info so we have seven months till the next bar exam

I'm pretty sure I bombed the written (haven't done writing in 10 years) so hopefully mbe will save the day
I'm not confident, but there's a 0% chance that I'm going to study for the bar until I know I failed.

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:26 pm

dabigchina wrote:
Findedeux wrote:Except if we failed then we probably want to study enough to retain the info so we have seven months till the next bar exam

I'm not confident, but there's a 0% chance that I'm going to study for the bar until I know I failed.
this.

I have literally nothing to do for the next month. It was so weird waking up and not having to study. I enjoyed that.

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:34 pm

Looking at the title of the thread, I thought it meant someone stood up during the middle of the exam and walked away knowing they answered enough to pass. Like a mic drop. :lol:

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:44 am

kyle010723 wrote:Looking at the title of the thread, I thought it meant someone stood up during the middle of the exam and walked away knowing they answered enough to pass. Like a mic drop. :lol:
Before sitting, I heard that the bar was so hard some people would just stand up and leave in the middle of the exam.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dabigchina

Gold

Post by dabigchina » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:03 pm

real talk: if i have to retake i'm getting a hotel next to the test center so i don't have to wake up early to find parking.

Rhiannon17

New

Post by Rhiannon17 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:19 pm

I sat for the MBE for the third consecutive time in a row this time. I NARROWLY missed the mark for my jurisdiction both times I previously took it. I have, however, passed the MEE and state-specific essays for my jurisdiction. It flies all over me that all that stands between me and a license for my jurisdiction is this godforsaken MBE. I surely hope the third time was a charm. I think the one advantage I had this time was that I didn't have to sit for the essays the previous day, so I wasn't as fatigued as some of the other test takers. I kind of wish they could just run all the MBE scantrons within like a week and tell us we passed or failed. Waiting on bar results for a third time is unreal and unnerving.

Allux

New

Post by Allux » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:33 pm

Rhiannon17 wrote:I sat for the MBE for the third consecutive time in a row this time. I NARROWLY missed the mark for my jurisdiction both times I previously took it. I have, however, passed the MEE and state-specific essays for my jurisdiction. It flies all over me that all that stands between me and a license for my jurisdiction is this godforsaken MBE. I surely hope the third time was a charm. I think the one advantage I had this time was that I didn't have to sit for the essays the previous day, so I wasn't as fatigued as some of the other test takers. I kind of wish they could just run all the MBE scantrons within like a week and tell us we passed or failed. Waiting on bar results for a third time is unreal and unnerving.
Do you think this MBE is harder than last July?

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:41 pm

Rhiannon17 wrote:I sat for the MBE for the third consecutive time in a row this time. I NARROWLY missed the mark for my jurisdiction both times I previously took it. I have, however, passed the MEE and state-specific essays for my jurisdiction. It flies all over me that all that stands between me and a license for my jurisdiction is this godforsaken MBE. I surely hope the third time was a charm. I think the one advantage I had this time was that I didn't have to sit for the essays the previous day, so I wasn't as fatigued as some of the other test takers. I kind of wish they could just run all the MBE scantrons within like a week and tell us we passed or failed. Waiting on bar results for a third time is unreal and unnerving.
Your state requires passing both portion separately? I thought most states just sum them up against a passing score.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Rhiannon17

New

Post by Rhiannon17 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:28 pm

kyle010723 wrote:
Your state requires passing both portion separately? I thought most states just sum them up against a passing score.
You have to get a 75% on the MEE and state-specific essays combined (each 100 points a piece, so 900/1200) in order to pass the essay portion, then a minimum of 132 on the MBE to pass that portion. So you can fail one portion and pass another. My jurisdiction is Kentucky. It's odd.
Last edited by Rhiannon17 on Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhiannon17

New

Post by Rhiannon17 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:30 pm

Allux wrote:
Do you think this MBE is harder than last July?
No. I personally thought last July's MBE was cruel. It was NOT consistent with the MBEs I practiced with Themis.

I'm not sure if the July 2018 MBE didn't feel as hard as the July 2017 MBE to me because I have already sat through it before, because I didn't have to sit for the essay portion this time, or because it truly wasn't as difficult. It may be a combo of all 3 for me.

justanotheruser

Bronze

Post by justanotheruser » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:06 am

dabigchina wrote:real talk: if i have to retake i'm getting a hotel next to the test center so i don't have to wake up early to find parking.
Definitely this. Minimizing all possible distractions is huge.

Guccifer91

New

Post by Guccifer91 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:23 pm

#walkaway

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:47 am

Rhiannon17 wrote:
kyle010723 wrote:
You have to get a 75% on the MEE and state-specific essays combined (each 100 points a piece, so 900/1200) in order to pass the essay portion, then a minimum of 132 on the MBE to pass that portion. So you can fail one portion and pass another. My jurisdiction is Kentucky. It's odd.
I am in Georgia and it's run differently here as well. Need to get at least 57% (I think there is some variance on this number) on the MBE for the examiners to even look at MEE and MPT scores.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”